PS3/360 Street Fighter IV CE in stock at Gamestop.com and in stores

adamantypants

CAGiversary!
PS3 (OOS online, check local availability)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72487
360 (thanks jp0213)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-5V4b2IbRd29fQ3TbO0zAxg

Not really a deal, but considering the extreme PAIN I've been going through trying to obtain a copy at DeepDiscount for the past week this is a welcome surprise.
It seems to be in stock online and a bunch of Gamestops near my house have it in stock. In fact the first one I called had one and they're holding it for me right now.

As a side note on my little journey to GS today I stopped by Fry's and they had a mountain, well a mini-mountain so maybe a hill, of SFIV MadCatz fight sticks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't list the 360 because it doesn't seem to be too hard to find. On my hunt for a PS3 version I ran into a couple 360 versions.

@doodofdudes
And if you're like me you might just want to buy this one from GameStop so in case DD ships you can return their copy.

single handedly, this preparation for street fighter was so bad. from sticks, to unfulfilled preorders... they should have waited another month to release the game and have everything settled.

[quote name='AwRy108']...yet sadly, Deepdiscount.com hasn't shipped a single one of their pre-orders. Wow.[/QUOTE]

they have but only up to some people on jan. 2 (some others that ordered jan. 2nd didn't get a shipping notice). AFAIK jan. 4th and plus haven't heard of any change. meantime GS gets more stock lol.:cry:

[quote name='Loonknight']bah, it said the stores had them in stock that were around me a quick call confirmed otherwise. =([/quote]

same thing just happend to me

Thanks for the heads up. 3 places nearby have it in stock. I have some glimmer of hope that DDD will eventually ship, but I only have a 10 day window to really play this game, as my spring break is from march 6-15. So I may just cancel my order and pick it up locally.

[quote name='AwRy108']...yet sadly, Deepdiscount.com hasn't shipped a single one of their pre-orders. Wow.[/quote]

You might want to read that thread again. The status for some of us has changed to shipped.

[quote name='georox']I almost read that as joysticks were in stock... DAMN YOU FOR GIVING ME FALSE HOPES![/quote]

That's what I read also, first thing that popped into my mind was "omfG, check stock locator and TURBO."

Please don't read this as an "I told you so" but people, PLEASE learn from past experience-- Deep Discount is HORRIBLE for getting rare/limited/hard to find games at launch. Many, many of us got burned on various Guitar Hero/Rock Band/various other games, where DD has an awesome price but *never ships any of the preorders for months*.

I'm sorry to hear people have had such problems with DD but let's stop giving them business on stuff like this, and they'll have to start shaping up.

DD is a great website 90% of the time-- unfortunately in that 10% of the time when they fail, they fail hard.

I think back in the day when they were the cheapest at dvds/some vid games (non rare) they were good. But now with amazon/buy.com/newegg in the mix who are much bigger and probably have better CS, DD is no longer the first choice, but more of a 5th to 6th choice, hence them using best price to grab customers. Unfortunately on the supplier side they don't have the influence that amazon/buy.com have so they don't get as much stock. Still its the CS and lack of updates that really does them in. I don't think saving 11 dollars or even 16 compared to GS in store is worth the aggravation and stress of waiting. Especially since most of us pull in enough cashflow to afford the ps3/xbox360 in the first place. Forgoing a few cups of starbucks for a week or two is worth having the game in hand on release date.

[quote name='Justin42']DD is a great website 90% of the time-- unfortunately in that 10% of the time when they fail, they fail hard.[/quote]

Agreed. And it's these "hard fails" that 99% of CAG's remember--I'll never order anything of utter importance from them again.

I'd bet on this being unclaimed pre-orders. I don't think too many more copies of this left because of the simple fact that Capcom's own store has not re-stocked.

[quote name='prateeko']I'd bet on this being unclaimed pre-orders. I don't think too many more copies of this left because of the simple fact that Capcom's own store has not re-stocked.[/quote]

Agreed, amazon had a small number of copies this morning, but sold out pretty quickly.

I called my local GS...and they have it! I put it on hold and will be by later tonight to pick it up.

I am one who ordered a PS3 CE from DD on Jan 2 and still havent gotten a shipping status on my order. I went to a GS today that was holding one for a preorder over the weekend and they still had the game. I asked to buy it and they let me. I am a happy SFIV owner now. If DD decides to ship the game eventually, I will then decide what to do with the extra copy.

yeah i just came from GS and i can confirm they are in stock since yesterday. but 3 out of 4 stores i went to last night didnt have it anymore but i lucked out on another store.they have a bunch of the 360 version (seems like the ps3 versions are more hard to find).

So I literally just walked out of Gamestop with my CE. The cashier just told me that it was in fact an unsold preorder. Apparently corporate called and said to sell th unsold pre-orders since they're only supposed to hold pre-orders for 72 hours.

My Jan 4 order at DD is also still processing. I stopped by a Gamestop today and they had one in another town an hour away. They were going to have it shipped to my store for pick-up in a couple days. If my DD order hasn't shipped by then I will probably just cancel it along with my Resident Evil 5 collector's edition pre-order. I thought about keeping it and just throwing it on ebay but the price has been steadily dropping. All the latest ones have sold for below $100 and after ebay and paypal take their bite you would be getting about $80 or so for one which is not even worth selling. Thanks Deep Discount!

[quote name='prateeko']I'd bet on this being unclaimed pre-orders. I don't think too many more copies of this left because of the simple fact that Capcom's own store has not re-stocked.[/quote]

well according to their blog more is on its way however i'm not sure if they are referring to the CE as well.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']well according to their blog more is on its way however i'm not sure if they are referring to the CE as well.[/QUOTE]

I searched, but didn't find this. Can you point to the source? Did you mean Capcom or GameStop blog?

Dammit dammit DAMMIT!

Since my DD order is probably never going to ship and Play-Asia isn't going to have the game back in stock anytime soon, I ordered a copy for $110 on eBay last week.

ARGH!

[quote name='Sharp Katana']well according to their blog more is on its way however i'm not sure if they are referring to the CE as well.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was the fightstick? I was under the impression that the CE is quite limited (forum post one of their admins made a few weeks/months back).

Either way, I'd grab a copy while you can. My bet with GS seems to be right (unsold pre-orders) and if you had a pre-order you didn't pick up...:roll:

[quote name='prateeko']I thought that was the fightstick? I was under the impression that the CE is quite limited (forum post one of their admins made a few weeks/months back).

Either way, I'd grab a copy while you can. My bet with GS seems to be right (unsold pre-orders) and if you had a pre-order you didn't pick up...:roll:[/quote]

Yes, I believe they are referring to getting more sticks in, not CEs.

[quote name='EKen9']any coupon codes?[/quote]

SAVER for free saver shipping.

Update on my ongoing PS3 CE quest--so I went to my local GS and it turns out they didn't have any CE on hand! The girl just assumed I meant the regular copy. lol dammit, I walked all the way over there and still came up empty. At least I got some more exercise.

Anyway, it's still available online, so I just bit the bullet and ordered one through GS.com. They slapped me a 9.50 "handling" fee since I'm in the 808 state, but I have some e-rewards GC credit, so that softened the blow somewhat.

I will lol some more if DD comes through with my original pre-order. Gah, what I do to save a few bucks...yeesh.

^Hey, you're not saving a few bucks. Street prices are well over $100 for these things and if DD actually ships (I personally don't care anymore), you can sell back their on the Intarwebs for a decent flip.

Yeah, don't trust the online in-stock indicator since it only updates once a day and apparently doesn't even update too well since the Gamestops I called didn't get any shipments since Friday. The additional $5 fee is normal (stated on the product page) and the SAVER code only works on the shipping part itself ($4.49). In most cases you can return the game ordered online to a store but they won't refund shipping so you'll be out the handling fee.

[quote name='aegisol']Yeah, don't trust the online in-stock indicator since it only updates once a day and apparently doesn't even update too well since the Gamestops I called didn't get any shipments since Friday. The additional $5 fee is normal (stated on the product page) and the SAVER code only works on the shipping part itself ($4.49).[/quote]

Could be, or could be an error on the website of some sort. Could also be that the local stores are still holding their unclaimed copies and didn't get the memo from corporate to just release them to the public yet.

I wouldn't blame DD too much for their total ineptitude to deal with SFIV and all that mess. Despite their name change, they are still first and foremost a DVD store. I wouldn't really rely on them for video game purposes, especially if it's a minimal discount when you can get it purchased from more reliable stores that sell and advertise games more frequently. Capcom is also to blame for this SFIV mess, not just retailers themselves. As long as there were no wrongful charges, I can't see this hurting DD's rep here in the longrun, especially when they offer their 20% sales.

Anyway I hope everyone who wants a CE ends up getting one, I see them going for a lot online now and it makes me glad I just bit the bullet and put up a pre-order for one at GS. Not the cheapest price available for it but the most reliable, easily.

^True. DD is a DVD store and I was reluctant to purchase from them because of it. So you can't blame them too much; they're not exactly used to catering to a demanding gamer crowd.
Secondly, I think it's lesson learned for all of us who ordered from DD. I'd say the $12 I would've saved isn't worth the week of waiting and uncertainty of obtaining a copy.

So the question is, why those butt-heads pre-order the PS3 CEs and don't pick them up?! I've saying this for the past few days, all of the GSs i went to, they have the PS3 CEs in stock, just that they're reserved. One of the GS is so ridiculous that they told me the pre-orders will be hold onto "indefinitely." Their argument was that if you prepaid $20 for a game, how do you feel if the game is not available for you to pick up? I told them, the logic holds if they pick up the game within three days or so, but they won't bulge... Makes no fucking sense if you ask me.

[quote name='adamantypants']^True. DD is a DVD store and I was reluctant to purchase from them because of it. So you can't blame them too much; they're not exactly used to catering to a demanding gamer crowd.
Secondly, I think it's lesson learned for all of us who ordered from DD. I'd say the $12 I would've saved isn't worth the week of waiting and uncertainty of obtaining a copy.[/QUOTE]

I certainly blame them. I don't care if they are a freakin gas station. They have no business taking orders they can't fulfill. I mean come on, only the people that ordered up to at best first week of January got their order shipped. They can clearly see at any time how many people ordered. This is common sense. I for one will not be buying from them and hope others do the same to set an example.

[quote name='Serpentor']So the question is, why those butt-heads pre-order the PS3 CEs and don't pick them up?! I've saying this for the past few days, all of the GSs i went to, they have the PS3 CEs in stock, just that they're reserved. One of the GS is so ridiculous that they told me the pre-orders will be hold onto "indefinitely." Their argument was that if you prepaid $20 for a game, how do you feel if the game is not available for you to pick up? I told them, the logic holds if they pick up the game within three days or so, but they won't bulge... Makes no fucking sense if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Personally, there might be reasons why a person couldn't pick it up i.e. such as an emergency. If I put down $20, I think it is fair that they hold the product for me for a while.

The excuse I get for this is that once a collector's edition is sold it is very hard to get another one, therefore they hold onto it usually a week if not more. It is up to the managers discretion after the 48 hours though.

from capcom's blog

Some of you may be having a hard time finding a copy of SFIV in stores. Don't give up on finding one just yet though! We're sending out plenty more to go around soon. But if you see it on the shelf somewhere, get it while you can.

-snow

[quote name='leesiulung']I certainly blame them. I don't care if they are a freakin gas station. They have no business taking orders they can't fulfill. I mean come on, only the people that ordered up to at best first week of January got their order shipped. They can clearly see at any time how many people ordered. This is common sense. I for one will not be buying from them and hope others do the same to set an example.[/QUOTE]
I can understand that. But at the same time, I was saying we shouldn't expect too much from them. If you went to 7-11 you wouldn't demand nor expect the best customer service. But I think we can all agree not to buy our games there anymore.

and @Sharp Katana:
I'm sure he was talking about just the regular copy. In my trips to Best Buy, Target, even GameStop, they had only a few or were completely sold out of even the regular copy. And I think he was mostly addressing the demand in Japan too; they completely sold out in the first day or two.

in all honesty...

i have bought from deepdiscount.com before, I have NEVER had any problems with them. I legitimately feel that they are a new company and they simply "dropped the ball" on the SF IV release. I do agree... this is like a professional baseball player dropping an oversized nerf ball..but they are a fairly recent company

with that being said... before we cast this website into the "i wont buy from this" box i suggest we wait and see how they handle the RE5 preoder "madness"

Well, I suggest that everyone go to the DD thread and bash them over there while we bash GS's in store checker here. :D

It does say on the product page to "call for availability". Yes it is annoying when a preorder they are still holding after 48 hours shows up, but you should expect it to be less accurate for a harder to get item.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']from capcom's blog

Some of you may be having a hard time finding a copy of SFIV in stores. Don't give up on finding one just yet though! We're sending out plenty more to go around soon. But if you see it on the shelf somewhere, get it while you can.

-snow
[/quote]

yeah, that's for the regular version. Ppl in this thread are looking for PS3 CEs.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']in all honesty...

i have bought from deepdiscount.com before, I have NEVER had any problems with them. I legitimately feel that they are a new company and they simply "dropped the ball" on the SF IV release. I do agree... this is like a professional baseball player dropping an oversized nerf ball..but they are a fairly recent company

with that being said... before we cast this website into the "i wont buy from this" box i suggest we wait and see how they handle the RE5 preoder "madness"[/quote]

still theyve had experience with other big pre-orders and did manage to ship those out, like 10 days later, but here we are and like 80% of people who ordered from there didnt get squat!!!!!

[quote name='leesiulung']

Personally, there might be reasons why a person couldn't pick it up i.e. such as an emergency. If I put down $20, I think it is fair that they hold the product for me for a while.

The excuse I get for this is that once a collector's edition is sold it is very hard to get another one, therefore they hold onto it usually a week if not more. It is up to the managers discretion after the 48 hours though.[/quote]

Well, i tend to agree with the lame "emergency" excuse, but a large number of the PS3 CEs are on hold in my search make me believe those butt-heads pre-ordered them are trying to close the deals first (i.e. get cash, then pick up)... If you're short of cash to pick up a pre-order (waiting for paycheck or additional funds), that's not really an excuse to pick up late, especially by a week or later. Again, i got nothing against those people making money on the side, but playing tricks like this (not picking up on timely manner to create confusions and incorrect inventory counts) just to ease cashflow on the side transactions are pathethic.

I make a few calls this morning, the GSs have them (yes, still have them, PS3 CEs), but are only for reserved. I asked about when the reservation thing is over, he/she said it's up to the manager.

This whole pre-ordering scheme has became another elaborate tool for scalpers/flippers. Just think about it, everything is pretty much in their favor, even cashflow! The best part? If the damn thing is not hot/popular, they get every pre-order penny back. I bet this is one of the damn tricks included in the "free" cd/dvd on making easy money (just send shipping and handling).

The only reason i was able to get my copy of the PS3 CE is that in Time Sq TRU, they priced the CEs at $91.99, that's right, almost $100 with taxes :shock: Of course, it didn't stop people from buying, because i got the last one... Well, the inflated price did slow the sale a bit, enough time for me that is :) And being a CAG, i know better how to readjust the inflated price... So yeah, i did manage to get a PS3 CE with Chun Li figure for $86 in NYC.

bread's done
Back