Ps3 (60Gb and 20Gb) in stock online at TRU.com and WM.com .

[quote name='slickkill77']Wow no one wants a ps3[/quote]
*crickets*

Of course 2 months ago would have been a different story. ;)

[quote name='slickkill77']Wow no one wants a ps3 that is hilarious...(I love you 360)[/QUOTE]
No, no one wants to shell out a grand for a bundle. Eventually, desperate rich parents will buy one for their kids knowing it's their last resort before Christmas, and the bundle system will pay off. Unfortunately, that means that the bundles will live for another console launch.

Why bother with the bundle when you can probably walk into a local retailer and buy the console outright? (In my own case, I can't bring myself to do so until there are games I want to play...)

[quote name='mwynn']Best Buy.[/quote]

Is is supposed to be in the Sunday ad again for the entire chain nationwide??

If so I may give it one last shot.

I was in a huge line at my Best Buy and they announced over their speaker system they had PS3s in the back.

No one budged.

I think the early adopters have theirs and Sony's going to have a tough time moving them now.

Paying around $700.00 just to play resistance is to much for me. :cry: Maybe when the ps3 drops and in the second or third generation of consoles, and when Final Fantasy for the PS3 comes out.....then maybe....maybe not?

[quote name='unjust']At my Best Buy there saying, there is no Resistance to Gears of War! :lol:[/QUOTE]
lol...for Best Buy that's pretty funny

[quote name='Chitown021']Is is supposed to be in the Sunday ad again for the entire chain nationwide??

If so I may give it one last shot.[/QUOTE]
I am not sure, I was told they would have them in Sunday.

Yeah many of my local stores have the PS3 in stock but they are being sold at a brisk pace. I dont think 1k for the PS3 cuts it anymore.

Over here in McAllen, TX people from Mexico (the rich ones of course) are seeking ps3 as if the world would end tomorrow. I was at Target looking at games and in a period of 5 minutes I heard 3 people asking the Target employee if they had a ps3 to which he replied: No, we dont.

The financial future of the Sony Computer entertainment company did not have a successful launch. we all saw it coming from a mile away.

They are not communicating stability and desire to the American consumer. Wii and the 360 are doing an excellent job apparently this holiday season.

I hope sony gets itself back on its feet in the next few months.

Wow, I was wondering how these were selling but now I know after seeing this. I've been hearing a lot of reports of people passing on them, and my local radio station had a a segment on Christmas gifts for this year... apparently pretty much all the major stores had some available if you asked.

This is goddamn terrible three weeks after launch. Sony is already showing signs of failure.

[quote name='slickkill77']Wow no one wants a ps3 that is hilarious...(I love you 360)[/QUOTE]

need a remind you of the mutli-season drought of the Xbox 360 and the overpriced bundles it yielded until they finally got a good stock of it going?

i'm betting the PS3 may be in ready supply quicker than the 360 will.....granted the price will still suck but at least it will be MSRP.

lol @ people calling it a failure already. 95 PS3's went into a local Mejiers yesterday, all 95 sold out by the next morning.

First it was Sony didnt ship enough, they are doomed!

Now it's, Oh my gawd i can find a PS3 in the store. They are doomed!

Playstation 3 is going to sell everything it ships, just becuase they stay on the shelves for 6 hours is not a bad sign for Sony, esecially since most people don't expect to see them thus aren't looking and having no idea where to look

XD at you crazy Microsoft and Nintendo fans. This is amusing.

[quote name='Monorojo']lol @ people calling it a failure already. 95 PS3's went into a local Mejiers yesterday, all 95 sold out by the next morning.[/QUOTE]

95 sold, 2 kept to play. :)

Nobody in thier right mind it buying them for Ebay anymore. You will make $20-$30 profit at most.

Sony has shipped much more than expected, thus people can simply go into store and buy it MSRP (which is what is happening) instead of paying extra and waiting a week or 2 for it too arrive.

heh we'll just have to wait and see what games come out for it later on. i'm thinking about getting a 20gb but i already have a xbox 360 and wii so i dunno. i suppose if i feel like calling CC by my house tomorrow to ask and see if they have any. i have an ecertificate i printed out from a coinstar that still has about $100 on it. i sort of dont consider change to be on the same level as paper currency, as odd as that may sound, and half of the change was probably not mine. i'd be sweet if i could use that $40 off coupon that expires at the end of this month. BUT i'm still wondering if i should spend 500+ for another system

[quote name='Monorojo']lol @ people calling it a failure already. 95 PS3's went into a local Mejiers yesterday, all 95 sold out by the next morning.

Playstation 3 is going to sell everything it ships, just becuase they stay on the shelves for 6 hours is not a bad sign for Sony, esecially since most people don't expect to see them thus aren't looking and having no idea where to look

XD at you crazy Microsoft and Nintendo fans. This is amusing.[/quote]

I wouldn't call it a failure yet by any means, but the fact that so many of these are being found in retail stores (even though there are 4 times fewer numbers of them being shipped than the Wii and I haven't seen one of those in a store since launch day) before Christmas has to be cause for concern. At this time last year the 360 was nowhere to be seen...at least not like this.

[quote name='spincut']need a remind you of the mutli-season drought of the Xbox 360 and the overpriced bundles it yielded until they finally got a good stock of it going?

i'm betting the PS3 may be in ready supply quicker than the 360 will.....granted the price will still suck but at least it will be MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but there's a difference.

When XBox 360 launched, there was no Wii or PS3 around. The main issue with this launch is that for the folks who could not get a PS3, they have the option of getting another next gen system.

Even though the top console sales this quarter actually went to the PS2, any profit made there is offset by the huge losses they're incurring from development/launch/manufacturing of the PS3. That PS3 is killing them.

It's going to be an interesting 2007.

Didn't nintendo ship more wii's than ps3's yet it seems like ps3's aren't nearly as hard to find. I can't find a wii for shite.

i'll tell you this, there's been a couple cases where in my eb people have returned ps3s in the past couple days because they've found out they can't flip them onto ebay and make profit. i guarantee most people buying them are thinking IMA MAKES LOTS OF PROFITZ LOLZ!!1 and then return them when they realize what dipshits they are and that they didn't check before they blew $600. (five of my friends bought them at TRU and that happened to them and now they're stuck with them or returned them, lols.)

well considering most people have also returned their ps3s because they've been defective/overheat easily at my job, i can see why people don't wanna waste their money on a faulty system. i tell most people just wait 'til spring, at least.

and, it's funny, we get at least 20x more requests for wiis and ds lites than ps3 now.

it took almost a day for my toysrus to sell our last ps3 that we got in on wednesday, had 10 come in. all 599 models. Had 24 Wii's come in and they sold in about 2 hours.

[quote name='slickkill77']Wow no one wants a ps3 that is hilarious...(I love you 360)[/quote]

Apparently no one wants a 360 either. I was at my Best Buy tonight and they had 2 pallets stacked about 4-5' high full of 360's. Funny thing is, it hasn't decreased in size since I saw it last Sunday.

No one wants a PS3? I was at Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart and Gamestop today and not one of them had a PS3 in stock, 20gb or 60gb. Yah, nobody wants one. :roll:

[quote name='Monorojo']lol @ people calling it a failure already. 95 PS3's went into a local Mejiers yesterday, all 95 sold out by the next morning.

XD at you crazy Microsoft and Nintendo fans. This is amusing.[/QUOTE]

No one said that. And the PS3 isn't staying on the shelves for 6 hours. My friend works at a walmart, and they received 26 PS3's in last week. They since sold 4

[quote name='Setzer']

No one wants a PS3? I was at Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart and Gamestop today and not one of them had a PS3 in stock, 20gb or 60gb. Yah, nobody wants one. :roll:[/quote]

i think it all depends on the area. it's like people say they have no trouble finding mario ddr in their areas, but around here they are nooooowhere to be found. hence why they've been selling really high on ebay.

but, like many people are saying, ps3s are in stores for DAYS sometimes and no one is interested. i wouldn't be suprised if there's some desperate parents camping out tonight for a last chance at a wii :lol: ohh, silly desperate parents...

I walked into my local big chain retailer (Fred Meyer - a Pacific NW chain) tonight (Sat) at 10pm to return some movies I bought on BF. Afterwards, I strolled into the Electronics department and saw they had 3 60GB PS3's quietly and unobtrusively sitting in their glass case under the PS2's and 360's. I was a bit shocked. Apparently they've been there all day on a day when the store was so packed with shoppers the normally 1/2 - 3/4 empty parking lot was full for most of the day. The guy there said everyone wants the Wii and not those PS3s. They are selling them for $599.99, no bundle (and no sales tax here to boot).

I was mildly tempted to pick one up, but I held firm ;). Once again, if the damn PS3 had an upscaler so games like Resistance would display in 1080i instead of 480p on my TV I probably would have bitten. That little bit of shortsightedness (or cheap-ass cost cutting) on the part of Sony cost them another sale.

[quote name='eayoti']Yeah, but there's a difference.

When XBox 360 launched, there was no Wii or PS3 around. The main issue with this launch is that for the folks who could not get a PS3, they have the option of getting another next gen system.

Even though the top console sales this quarter actually went to the PS2, any profit made there is offset by the huge losses they're incurring from development/launch/manufacturing of the PS3. That PS3 is killing them.

It's going to be an interesting 2007.[/QUOTE]

that only enhances what i'm saying, there's even more competition this time and yet the demand for the PS3 is just as strong, maybe even worse, but i'm still betting they get stocked faster......since due to that competition element they really need to.

XD at you crazy Microsoft and Nintendo fans. This is amusing.[/QUOTE]

Can I ask, how do you know this? Do you work for Mejiers or just assuming they received 95 of them and sold out of every single one? I would really like to know this. How many do you think will be returned once they can't sell on ebay?

I have a PS3 because I have a decent home theater and wanted high-def disc playback, but most gamers are going to balk at the $500-$600 price because Blu-Ray just isn't a big deal to them yet. There's no way that you can say that Sony is in a better position than Microsoft, this pricing is going to burn them.

[quote name='gizmogc']Can I ask, how do you know this? Do you work for Mejiers or just assuming they received 95 of them and sold out of every single one? I would really like to know this. How many do you think will be returned once they can't sell on ebay?[/quote] I work at a Meijer in Ohio and there is no way that any one Meijer would of had 95 PS3's in one day. We were supposed to get 1100 Wii's before Christmas(now held till after Christmas) and that would only amount to 10-11 Wii's per store. Also the one I work out has only got at most 1-3 per shipment about every week or two since launch.

LOL @ 3 days later and still In Stock.

Wii60 for the win.

Screw Sony for trying to screw over their fans. Force me to purchase your shitty Blu-Ray, I don't think so.

[quote name='Import']LOL @ 3 days later and still In Stock.

Wii60 for the win.

Screw Sony for trying to screw over their fans. Force me to purchase your shitty Blu-Ray, I don't think so.[/quote]Obviously it's still in stock , not holiday anymore and they setup the worst bundle in the world for this system. All these systems would have sold if bundle with 1 game and an extra controller , but a 1k bundle with crap sports games isn't the way to go.

bread's done
Back