PS3 60gb available at BB.com, Non Bundle

froinlaven

CAGiversary!
Seems like the 60gb PS3 is available for online order at Best Buy. And it's not a bundle either. Saw it on fatwallet, figured I'd repost it here for anyone who wants one.

link

Another thing to consider is Sony's continuing support of the PS2, whereas Microsoft effectively stopped supporting the Xbox once the 360 was released. Final Fantasy XII, one of the most anticipated titles of the year, was released in November for the PS2. God of War 2 and Rogue Galaxy, among other titles, will be released for the PS2 in 2007. Sony even released a new cooler looking silver PS2 back in October. So how many PS3 sales did Sony cost itself this holiday season by making the PS2 so attractive to consumers? Obviously not everyone who is willing to spend $130 on a console will spend $500 on another, but still...

I have $390 in Gamestop credits and I just got my Sony credit card with the $150 bonus in the mail. So last night I went to both Gamestop and Eb (both in my local mall). They both had PS3s and the clerks at both stores kind of talked me out of buying one. I've been on the fence about the PS3, but I went out specifically to get a PS3 (armed with close to $540 in credits and bonuses) and I came home without one. I don't know if this says more about me, EB/GS, or Sony. I'll blame Sony for now since I have every other console including the 360 and Wii and Sony hasn't really given me a great reason to pick up a PS3 (other than Resistance). I might go back out today and pick one up, but I'm really second guessing myself.

[quote name='Heavy-Sixer']I have $390 in Gamestop credits and I just got my Sony credit card with the $150 bonus in the mail. So last night I went to both Gamestop and Eb (both in my local mall). They both had PS3s and the clerks at both stores kind of talked me out of buying one. I've been on the fence about the PS3, but I went out specifically to get a PS3 (armed with close to $540 in credits and bonuses) and I came home without one. I don't know if this says more about me, EB/GS, or Sony. I'll blame Sony for now since I have every other console including the 360 and Wii and Sony hasn't really given me a great reason to pick up a PS3 (other than Resistance). I might go back out today and pick one up, but I'm really second guessing myself.[/quote]

Just got my PS3 a week ago and have been playing Resistance exclusively ever since. Add that to the exclusive games coming down the line (SCE games/Konami ones) + blu ray having more studios support it than HD-DVD = worth $600 to me.

[quote name='Heavy-Sixer']I have $390 in Gamestop credits and I just got my Sony credit card with the $150 bonus in the mail. So last night I went to both Gamestop and Eb (both in my local mall). They both had PS3s and the clerks at both stores kind of talked me out of buying one. I've been on the fence about the PS3, but I went out specifically to get a PS3 (armed with close to $540 in credits and bonuses) and I came home without one. I don't know if this says more about me, EB/GS, or Sony. I'll blame Sony for now since I have every other console including the 360 and Wii and Sony hasn't really given me a great reason to pick up a PS3 (other than Resistance). I might go back out today and pick one up, but I'm really second guessing myself.[/QUOTE]
What did they say? I still can't believe any store is dumb enough to talk a customer out of a huge purchase like that. Unless they think they can get you to buy something that they make more money on, like used games, with your credit.

[quote name='nathansu']Just got my PS3 a week ago and have been playing Resistance exclusively ever since. Add that to the exclusive games coming down the line (SCE games/Konami ones) + blu ray having more studios support it than HD-DVD = worth $600 to me.[/QUOTE]

i think that's the thing though, clearly it is worth 500-600.....down the line......at which point hopefully the price may decrease, for at the least that in sonys case the high expensive parts may have fallen in price and they, unlike Microsoft which is now selling for a profit, may lower price to create a sudden upsurge in demand incase the games dont do it enough.

I bought the PS3 on Friday. (I have a 360 currently, as well as the other 3 last gen systems.)

I am NOT overawed by the graphics or the movies. But, I think the future is still pretty bright for the ps3. The real battle is not here in the states. It is probably in Japan. If they can get an install base around the ps2 number, they will do fine - blue ray will also be fine.

By the way, you know the highest selling console in the 4th quarter?
Go ahead and guess. I will let you know tomorrow. (It is not what you would expect.)

Matthew

[quote name='nathansu']Just got my PS3 a week ago and have been playing Resistance exclusively ever since. Add that to the exclusive games coming down the line (SCE games/Konami ones) + blu ray having more studios support it than HD-DVD = worth $600 to me.[/QUOTE]

In terms of exclusive studios it's 1 1/2 HD-DVD(Universal, Weinstein Company) vs. 4 1/2(Lions Gate(who may end up becoming neutral), Magnolia Pictures(Marc Cuban's Distributor, pretty much exclusive), FOX, Disney and Sony).
Both Magnolia and Weinstein Company I count as 1/2 with their small libraries right now.

[quote name='simpsonps121']I bought the PS3 on Friday. (I have a 360 currently, as well as the other 3 last gen systems.)

I am NOT overawed by the graphics or the movies. But, I think the future is still pretty bright for the ps3. The real battle is not here in the states. It is probably in Japan. If they can get an install base around the ps2 number, they will do fine - blue ray will also be fine.

Go ahead and guess. I will let you know tomorrow. (It is not what you would expect.)

Matthew[/QUOTE]
hum... Nintendo DS! Let me know today! US or Japan? or world?

[quote name='simpsonps121']By the way, you know the highest selling console in the 4th quarter?

Matthew[/QUOTE]
PS2.

I wonder when we will be able to get some sweet deals on the Ps3. I have really been on the fend about buying a ps3. I want one but my wallet isnt inclined to pay $600 plus tax for a system right now. Moreso, because I have both a Wii and a 360.
Even if I bought a Ps3 I'd probably play more Lost Planet then Resistance. I really don't see the reason to buy one yet.
If motorstorm and liar release in March that might be enough of a reason to pick one up.

[quote name='simpsonps121']

Matthew[/QUOTE]

I second the DS, unless you dont count that as a console (if so then PS2).

has anyone ordered one of these? Just wondering if they are really shipping within one day of ordering like the site says..

Also, can you use bestbuy giftcards online?

I'm pretty new (at posting; been a member for over two years) here, but I thought I would toss in my two cents. I got a PS3 at a BB in Fresno last week, and I would suggest waiting on it. Amazon will most likely have them in stock very soon, so no tax and no shipping sweetens the deal. I would get one from there only if you can't just can't hold out anymore.

The coolest thing I've used the PS3 for was the PSP connectivity. Streaming movies and the like to my PSP was pretty cool, although the signal seems to be quite weak.

[quote name='icruise']All consoles are systems, but are all systems consoles?[/quote]
Yes i was under the same preception that consoles were non portable. Indeed a question for the ages
dv173037.jpg

[quote name='billyG']has anyone ordered one of these? Just wondering if they are really shipping within one day of ordering like the site says..

Also, can you use bestbuy giftcards online?[/QUOTE]

Don't know about the giftcards, but THEY ARE NOT SHIPPING SAME DAY. There is an option for next day shipping, but it will be shipped ground. I ordered one, and called UPS to check deliver. They said that is was scheduled to be delivered in THREE DAYS even though I paid for overnight shipping. Well, I checked my transaction and BB only charged me ground shipping. So I will get it today. Best Buy said they had to do it that way in order to guarentee delivery.

No big deal, except went to the mall and BB over the weekend. The mall had four PS3s and 8 Wii's!!!!!! resting on GameSpot's shelves. I was PISSED!!!!!! Best Buy had 4 PS3's and 6 or 7 Wii's. I live in southern Indiana by the way.

So, go out and look, systems (Wii and PS3) are everywhere now I guess.

[quote name='abhinav']Yes i was under the same preception that consoles were non portable. Indeed a question for the ages
dv173037.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Home consoles aren't portables. Whether the word "home" should or shouldn't be automatically associated with the word "console" is truly in the eye of the beholder....or gamer in this case. Don't think there's really a wrong answer.

Ok, this was for the month of November ONLY. It was not the 4th quarter - sorry.

No, the answer is:
DS 918,000 sold.
PS2 was #2 at 664,000.
GBA was 3rd at 641,000
360 was #4 at 511,000
Wii was #5 at 476,000
PSP was #6 at 412,000
PS3 was last at 197,000

Here is a link to the article: http://www.homemediamagazine.com/index.cfm?search=console+sales&section=2-3&sec_id=search

Now, let's see if they reveal the Decemeber Numbers. :)
I predict:
1. DS
2. 360
3. Wii
4. PS2
5. PSP
6. GBA
7. PS3
Thanks,
Matthew

[quote name='Collectordragon']I don't know why people always think rich people are the ones buying expensive items. Many rich people are cheapskates. It's one of the reasons they become and stay rich. On the other hand the people who spend money like there's no tomorrow are often the people who live in crappy apartments which is one of the reasons they live in crappy apartments.[/quote]

Average hosehold income for 2005 I think was around 46k.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Ok, this was for the month of November ONLY. It was not the 4th quarter - sorry.

No, the answer is:
DS 918,000 sold.
PS2 was #2 at 664,000.
GBA was 3rd at 641,000
360 was #4 at 511,000
Wii was #5 at 476,000
PSP was #6 at 412,000
PS3 was last at 197,000

Here is a link to the article: http://www.homemediamagazine.com/index.cfm?search=console+sales&section=2-3&sec_id=search

Now, let's see if they reveal the Decemeber Numbers. :)
I predict:
1. DS
2. 360
3. Wii
4. PS2
5. PSP
6. GBA
7. PS3
Thanks,
Matthew[/QUOTE]

I Knew it! .. and i'll tell ya why, The DS is great!, looks awesome, games are like $35 bucks, who wouldn't want to buy that for their little ones? Thanks for the trivia Matt.

whow wouldn't want to buy it for anyone for that matter. The only people i've seen playing the PSP are fubu wearing hiphop junkies who dont look like they would know a good game if it slapped them in the face (i honestly have no idea why the PSP seems to popular in the hip hop culture though).

heck, one of my top 3 PSP must haves was only released in Europe! otherwise though i just dont care much for GTA, MGS, Gitaroo and Katamari spinoffs (and now they are releasing them on the PS2 anyway!)

I really want to want a PSP, but it has no games even on thew horizon that look tasty, and i just cant thrive off that one Europe Tales game i want (and the Valkereye re-release which was mildly botched i heard).

[quote name='spincut']whow wouldn't want to buy it for anyone for that matter. The only people i've seen playing the PSP are fubu wearing hiphop junkies who dont look like they would know a good game if it slapped them in the face (i honestly have no idea why the PSP seems to popular in the hip hop culture though).

heck, one of my top 3 PSP must haves was only released in Europe! otherwise though i just dont care much for GTA, MGS, Gitaroo and Katamari spinoffs (and now they are releasing them on the PS2 anyway!)

I really want to want a PSP, but it has no games even on thew horizon that look tasty, and i just cant thrive off that one Europe Tales game i want (and the Valkereye re-release which was mildly botched i heard).[/quote]

Dude, the PSP is a portable media player, something the DS can't do (i have a DS too). The screen is way bigger than the DS, watching movies or media clips on the go is one reason good enough to own a PSP. Now, i don't know why the PSP is associated with the hip pop thing, but i guess kids think it's cool to show up with a PSP than the dorky DS. I don't blame the preception... Nintendo is known for kiddy games, i'm not saying they are not fun (personally, i think Mario and Zelda games are great!) However, if i want something more mature, i don't think i'll find it on the DS.

This isn't the place to start another platform war, but I have two DSes (one phat and one lite) and two PSPs (one for homebrew and one to keep updated) and I find that I play the PSPs a lot more. Partially it's the homebrew, but in general I've found that I just don't like the style of game that is common on the DS anymore. At one time in my life I think I might have enjoyed those games more, but I just can't get into them. And I do like the superior graphics on the PSP (especially when it comes to 3D titles). Each to his own though -- I don't go around saying that people are stupid for preferring the DS, and I'd appreciate it if people didn't do the opposite for me.

[quote name='Serpentor']Dude, the PSP is a portable media player, something the DS can't do (i have a DS too). The screen is way bigger than the DS, watching movies or media clips on the go is one reason good enough to own a PSP. Now, i don't know why the PSP is associated with the hip pop thing, but i guess kids think it's cool to show up with a PSP than the dorky DS. I don't blame the preception... Nintendo is known for kiddy games, i'm not saying they are not fun (personally, i think Mario and Zelda games are great!) However, if i want something more mature, i don't think i'll find it on the DS.[/QUOTE]

"Dude", the PSP is a defunct media player, the UMD format stinks and everyone knows this, Sony has a had a terrible time selling it to the movie makers. On top of that you were very evasive about games, IT IS PRIMARILY FOR PLAYING GAMES.

I love style as much as anybody but the DS is nowhere near "dorky" (at least, not the new low profile lites, which looks alot like an Ipod, so), if you're that hung up on the look of it then just buy jewlery.

And of course there's the games, i'm sorry but "DS games are kiddy, i like more mature PSP games" is more of an excuse rather than fact, and it has nothing to do with which system actually has the games. Let's also keep in mind i havent thought that Nintendo has made a truly good console since the SNES and i have not liked Zelda or Mario much since they have gone 3d, so i'm not a huge fan of the fare that gives Nintendo it's somewhat undeserved "kiddy" misnomer anyway.

I just wouldn't be all too proud of making every superfluative statement i could about a console, ignoring the one key thing that makes or breaks it, quality gaming.

Get back to the topic people. (I'm looking at you spincut, serpentor, icruise.) If you want to have a rabid discussion about the validity of a console then take it to vs. mode or better yet, take it to PM.

On Topic - These still seem to be in stock.

[quote name='daphatty']Get back to the topic people. (I'm looking at you spincut, serpentor, icruise.) If you want to have a rabid discussion about the validity of a console then take it to vs. mode or better yet, take it to PM.

On Topic - These still seem to be in stock.[/quote]
Thread gets 70% smaller with the fanboydom removed. Who'da thunk it? :whistle2:s

As daphatty said, please keep it OT. Fanboy commentary can be done elsewhere in non-deal threads.

[quote name='zoarster']I went to a Target in Northern VA yesterday and they had at least three 60 GB PS3s in stock.[/quote]

This thread is kind of useless at this point. You can walk into pretty much any major retailer that sells electronics and pick up a PS3 now.

bread's done
Back