PS3 80GB 20% Off At Dell

rockphantom

CAGiversary!
Late last night the following information was posted on Techbargains.com
Good deal for those of you that missed out on January's 15% off sale.
If I had waited an entire week, I could have saved an additional $20 haha.

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/152172

February 4, 2009
Sony Playstation 3 80GB HDD Gaming Console $319.99 w/ Coupon, Free Shipping, Feb. 4 4 PM

Dell Home has the Sony Playstation 3 80GB HDD Gaming Console for $319.99 after 20% off Coupon Code: 138BFW5PN676V2 (Exp 2/6). Free Shipping. Tax in most.

Compare Prices | Email Deal | Game Console Deals | Dell Home Coupons | Comment

My mistake. This code works on all consoles at Dell.com
The only negative is that it does not work for EPP customers.
January's 15% off + 7% EPP discount was a better deal.

Good deal, I have seen ppl bidding upto $300+ on ebay for a 60Gb.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='steve3050']Good deal, I have seen ppl bidding upto $300+ on ebay for a 60Gb.
iy.gif

iy.gif
[/quote]

The 60's GB have full BC. This 80 is just the old 40GB system upgraded right? It's not the old 80GB with full BC?

[quote name='kaydigi']The 60's GB have full BC. This 80 is just the old 40GB system upgraded right? It's not the old 80GB with full BC?[/quote]

That's correct, no BC with the 2008 80GB/160GB models.
Oh well, what do I care? I picked up a brand new modified PS2 last September. :D

Is dell overstocked on systems or something? Or do they just get really good deals from manufacturers? I've never seen anyplace consistently discount systems like this and much such an amount.

PS3 appears to be temporarily out of stock. But looks like can still be added to cart. If I can get through the check out process, will Dell send the PS3 to me when they get more stock or will I just get a cancellation e-mail later.

Thanks.

Are there any further discounts I can apply on top of this? I know some people in the January thread were calling in some kind of additional discount for 7% on top of the other two discounts.

Unfortunately, the 7% off EPP deal won't work with the 20% off code.
Technically, the current deal is only 2% more expensive than the January sale. Still a very good deal!
Just make sure to buy a $100 Dell Gift card for $75 on eBay if you plan to make a purchase from Dell.

[quote name='kaydigi']It's not the old 80GB with full BC?[/QUOTE]

I think you're thinking of the 60gb... I don't think there ever was a BC 80gb.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']I think you're thinking of the 60gb... I don't think there ever was a BC 80gb.[/quote]

The Metal Gear 80gb bundle had limited BC.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']I think you're thinking of the 60gb... I don't think there ever was a BC 80gb.[/quote]

Yes there was, but it wasn't full BC like the 60 and 20 were. I think the old 80 had software emulation for PS2 games instead of hardware.

[quote name='redsoxfan808']PS3 appears to be temporarily out of stock. But looks like can still be added to cart. If I can get through the check out process, will Dell send the PS3 to me when they get more stock or will I just get a cancellation e-mail later.

Thanks.[/quote]
I called earlier and the dude on the phone told me that Dell has some in stock but they were just holding on to them. He gave me some reason about Dell wanting to be sure they had enough to cover any orders made online or something of that sense.

I bought one either way. Would be nice if it got backed up in the system like that fellow in last month's thread who got a discount as a result of the delay.

Order is now showing as In Production with shipping scheduled for the 23rd of February. If it doesn't ship by the end of next week I will call and complain, knowing all too well I can snag a system at the Circuit City near me.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back