PS3 80GB for $249.90 at deepdiscount.com

During an online match in Killzone 2, I literally have to put my ear up to the disc reader to even hear anything. It's whisper quiet (I have an 80 GB)

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Is DeepDiscount.com a reliable store? Has anyone ordered from them before?[/QUOTE]

Very reliable. They've been around for years, and I've ordered from them several times with no problems.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Is DeepDiscount.com a reliable store? Has anyone ordered from them before?[/QUOTE]

DeepDiscount is an excellent e-tailer, been buying movies from them for years and years; their semi-annual 20%-off sale is legendary among DVD collectors.

Yeah, I order from them several times.
Items was delivered as described in perfect condition.
The only thing I notice from my experience, if you choose free shipping,
it will take forever before it's even shipped.

I shall wait for the perfect deal before I pick one of these up. IM LOOKING AT YOU BLACK FRIDAY

I've had plenty of problems with DeepDiscount. It really just revolves around their terrible customer service. I preordered Wii Fit from them when they had it for $79.99. They gave me the runaround for 6 months before finally cancelling my order due to Nintendo "discontinuing" the product. Yep.

Ugh, Demon Souls makes me want to jump on this. Anyone know if there is a line for PS3 price drops come Christmas?

[quote name='cheapndirty']Nice. Free shipping too. After bing thats about 239.00 or so shipped.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
239 bucks is not a bad deal at all, If I didn't have one, I would have jumped on this one, anyone looking to get one shouldn't hesitate anymore.

[quote name='shouamabane']This is a great deal. The 80gb systems generally run quieter than the 120gb systems.[/QUOTE]
That's what I've heard (and it doesn't get too hot either). I'm debating on which 1 to buy (new 80 or 160) with GS credit. I really want one of these because of the OS install capabiities. However, it looks like $249.XX will soon be the universal price for the 80gb (since they also had it for a while on Sonystyle.com) I think I'll wait until they release the 250gb model and hopefully GS will drop the 80gb to $249 and the 160gb to $299.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']That's what I've heard (and it doesn't get too hot either). I'm debating on which 1 to buy (new 80 or 160) with GS credit. I really want one of these because of the OS install capabiities. However, it looks like $249.XX will soon be the universal price for the 80gb (since they also had it for a while on Sonystyle.com) I think I'll wait until they release the 250gb model and hopefully GS will drop the 80gb to $249 and the 160gb to $299.[/QUOTE]

You do know you can put in a hard drive size of your liking correct.....

[quote name='Mako1215']You do know you can put in a hard drive size of your liking correct.....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, which is swaying me more towards a new 80gb (model # CECHE01). GS seems to have the other model, but I've been told I might need to go in a few and ask.

What's ticking me off is that it seems everyone has dropped the price (including Sony), but GS hasn't. It's probably Karma catching up with me for "punching them in the gut" repeatedly this month on the 4/$20 deal.

[quote name='Jekster']Ugh, Demon Souls makes me want to jump on this. Anyone know if there is a line for PS3 price drops come Christmas?[/QUOTE]
Probably not man, they just made a huge drop.

Plus the 250GB is coming out for $349.

if only bestbuy would have a good ps3 deal so i can use my giftcard. i already have uncharted 2. now i just need a ps3...

[quote name='wwe101']if only bestbuy would have a good ps3 deal so i can use my giftcard. i already have uncharted 2. now i just need a ps3...[/QUOTE]
In the same boat (10 great PS3 games and no PS3). I'm thinking now at this point it's common knowledge the 80 will be $249 and the 160 $299. We just need Sony to send the memo out (and hopefully stores honor it). The prices should be universal immediately after the 250gb releases here in the states (they don't want to cut off their own tails and they still need to get rid of their 160's). Maybe that's the holdup. If not, I can see the prices being a Black Friday deal in the stores that haven't already dropped it.

bread's done
Back