PS3 80GB MGS4 Bundle Availibility Tracking

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Recommended: www.wiialerts.com (online tracking route) & www.itrackr.com (in-store tracking route)

Amazon

-PlayStation 3 80 GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.99 IN STOCK!
Free Standard Shipping or Free 2-Day Shipping (Prime Member Only)

DELL

-PS3 Console 80 GB with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $449.99 SOLD-OUT!
-PS3 Console 80 GB with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

Barnes & Noble

-PS3 (80 Gig) Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition with Free Artbook - $84.99 SOLD-OUT!

Circuit City

-Sony 80GB PlayStation 3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 Free Shipping! IN-STOCK!
-Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 80GB+DualShock 3 Controller Bundle - $544.98 Free Shipping! IN-STOCK!

EBGame

-Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 80GB Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71558

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition - $69.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270209

GameStop

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71558

-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition - $69.99 SOLD-OUT!
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=270209

Best Buy

-Metal Gear PlayStation 3 80GB System with Free Official Prima Guide - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

K-Mart

Costco

-Sony PlayStation® 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid Bundle - $559.99 IN-STOCK!
(with extra Dualshock 3 Controller & HDMI Cable)
-Sony PlayStation® 3 80GB Metal Gear Solid Pack - $569.99 IN-STOCK!
(with extra Dualshock 3 Controller, HDMI Cable & Blu-Ray Remote Control)

Sam's Club

-Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB Bundle - SOLD-OUT!

Target

-Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB Bundle - $499.99 SOLD OUT!

Toys R' Us

-PS3 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 IN-STOCK!
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3136838&siteID=AsPY6TdlnWs-q4lrC1gIHzpBO.NarvqFtw

SonyStyle

-PS3 (80 Gig) Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

Wamart

-PlayStation 3 80GB Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.00 SOLD-OUT!
FREE SITE-TO-STORE PICK-UP

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=9864376

Fry's Electronic

-PLAYSTATION®3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack - $499.99 IN-STOCK!

NewEgg

-SONY PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle 80 GB - Retail - $499.99 SOLD-OUT!

SEARS

-Sony PLAYSTATION®3 MGS4 Bundle + 2nd DualShock 3 - $554.98 IN-STOCK!
-Sony PLAYSTATION®3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Bundle - $449.99 SOLD-OUT!

eBay

-Metal+Gear+Solid

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a slim PS2 now. Can't decide if I should look for a 60GB PS3 and sell the PS2 or keep the PS2 and get a cheaper one (40 maybe).

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']I think it's safe to say these bundles aren't rare at all anymore.

This topic is now moot.[/quote]

True until September when it will be officially phased out.

Not sure if they have anymore, but the Gamestop on Roswell Rd in Marietta has 3 when I bought mine yesterday. The GS website says they still have some.

There are indeed plenty of this PS3 bundle now.. certainly not rare - from Walmart, ToyRus, Circuit City and Best Buy.

Went to target today in Phillipsburg, NJ today and they have 4 of the MGS4 80gb systems. Also, the walmart there has 1 bundle too.

[quote name='oldboy']um. bullcrap?

wheres your source?[/quote]

Unfortunately, it's true. Sony will going with 1 sku, the new 80gb core pack without backwards compatibility for PS2 games at $400. I suggest anyone who wants a PS2 BC enabled machine get one now as soon as you can.

[quote name='Guy Legend']Unfortunately, it's true. Sony will going with 1 sku, the new 80gb core pack without backwards compatibility for PS2 games at $400. I suggest anyone who wants a PS2 BC enabled machine get one now as soon as you can.[/QUOTE]

The thing is that people are going to get confused why there is a $100 difference between today's 80G MGS4 bundle and Sept (?) bundle. My local paper reported it as a $100 price drop and didn't clarify it was for the non-BC, less USB ports, no SACD playback, etc. platform with larger drive.

Was there any reports of including the DS3 in the new 80G?

Are the only PS3 SKUs the two at launch (20 and 60gb?) I feel like you guys are saying otherwise and was just looking for clarification.

[quote name='Brenex']Are the only PS3 SKUs the two at launch (20 and 60gb?) I feel like you guys are saying otherwise and was just looking for clarification.[/QUOTE]

If you're asking about BC, the 20 and 60G versions had hardware BC. The current 80G has software BC and is only BC in about 80% of the current PS2 catalog as I recall.

I bought an 80 gig MGS4 bundle over at Walmart in Greenville, NC yesterday, they had 3-4 left for anyone who wants them.

[quote name='bob330i']If you're asking about BC, the 20 and 60G versions had hardware BC. The current 80G has software BC and is only BC in about 80% of the current PS2 catalog as I recall.[/quote]
It's more 90ish%, and most of the 10% are minor games. 95% of PS2 games are perfectly finishable.
Disgaea 2, for example, has two 'problems' listed, yet both have no impact on gameplay whatsoever.

This is on the Sony Rewards site now for anyone with a Sony Card.
Actual points:
Rewards Level Price:
54,400 pts.
Jackpot Price:
46,240 pts.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='g3xtrem']I hope a deal like the $100 Gift Card deal pops up soon. Looking to get a 80GB now if no BC coming out.[/quote]

me too lol

I see the 80gb MGS bundle all the time now. My best buy had 8 of them. We just got five in this week at GameCrazy.. seems like a new shipment went out to retailers everywhere this week.

man i'm hoping these won't be too hard to find in a few weeks when I have enough money for it. though it doesn't look like it but i'm guessing they're not producing these anymore, so i guess you never know.

Well according to the GameStop.com store tracker: A few stores around here have gotten some of these in this past Tuesday. I'm hoping to grab one up today, so here's to hoping they still have them! (Or, in fact, the web tracker isn't an epic fail.)

i saw about 10 of these at best buy in the best in the west shopping center in Vegas, i dont think they are hard to get anymore or even worth it.

Also went to two other stores that had a shitload of Wii's

wth is happening?

[quote name='greyzieoriental']i saw about 10 of these at best buy in the best in the west shopping center in Vegas, i dont think they are hard to get anymore or even worth it.

Also went to two other stores that had a shitload of Wii's

wth is happening?[/quote]

economy down, stock up

has anyone been to cadeals.com? They claim brand new unfurnished for $320. Idk if they Are legit but that's a hellova deal

Target and Wal-mart in Flower Mound / Highland Village, TX in stock and nobody cares...

The Target also had some wii's

[quote name='shark1987']man i'm hoping these won't be too hard to find in a few weeks when I have enough money for it. though it doesn't look like it but i'm guessing they're not producing these anymore, so i guess you never know.[/quote]

I feel your pain. I can only afford to buy one through Blockbuster and their orders almost NEVER come in. Since I can't afford to check every chain in person I have to call every Tuesday and Friday (shipment days) like every other normal human being. The problem is the managers and clerks can't hold or reserve any systems for customers and aren't even told when they come in to avoid a f*cking rush. It's discouraging and they must buy the systems through a private distributor otherwise they'd be fully stocked like a large majority of major retail stores posted in here.

I had an easier time gathering the credit than spending it, haha.

Although I loathe taking anyone just at their word especially from an wishy-washy chain like BBV I know it'll be all worth it if I can finally score one. Hopefully if I can't then I could buy two Wiis and sell them for $300 a piece locally. Who knows. Eh, I'm just getting desperate and now that BC has taken another stake in the heart it won't be long before the stock is completely diminished in the next few months.

Here in West La, Bestbuy has about 8 units, same thing at Target in Culver City. Also in the Virgin Mega Store in Hollywood Highlands had about 10 units

I saw two bundles today in the South Arlington St Walmart in Akron, Ohio. On a totally unrelated yet hilarious note their Xbox 360 on display RRoD'd and they've yet to switch it.

Priceless.

bread's done
Back