PS3 and 360 Port Royale 3 $15 Amazon

adamgould

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Doubt this thread will catch a lot of excitement, but I absolutely loved Sid Meiers: Pirates. I have been playing since the NES days and have even liked the iphone version as well.

So when I heard PR3 was coming out, I was Hoping for something similar to Pirates. This is the cheapest I have seen it. I know the reviews aren't the greatest, but I have spent $15 on worse things and from what I have read it is similar but tedious.

Xbox $15.51

PS3 $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='adamgould']I know the reviews aren't the greatest, ...[/QUOTE]

There seem to be very few reviews, though, and mostly from non-mainstream sources. Apparently it's mostly the European media that care about pirate games. Odd.

I'd also welcome some opinions from CAGs that have played it.

I've been watching the 360 version for a few weeks now and it's been stuck at $20. Really interested in the game and hope it drops $5-$10 sometime soon.

[quote name='adamgould']Doubt this thread will catch a lot of excitement, but I absolutely loved Sid Meiers: Pirates. I have been playing since the NES days and have even liked the iphone version as well.

So when I heard PR3 was coming out, I was Hoping for something similar to Pirates. This is the cheapest I have seen it. I know the reviews aren't the greatest, but I have spent $15 on worse things and from what I have read it is similar but tedious.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005FYK2HW[/QUOTE]

Xbox version $18.78

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005FYK2PO/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1365347180&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

How hard/easy is this game to pick up and play? I tried playing some three kingdoms games but they are kinda hard to learn!

[quote name='CaoPi']How hard/easy is this game to pick up and play? I tried playing some three kingdoms games but they are kinda hard to learn![/QUOTE]

From what I've read not easy and the game does little to help you.

I've played this for a couple of days now and can say if you like Civilization or Tropico, then check it out. It can be a pain to figure out things, but so far it is enjoyable.

Been waiting for this to drop forever, $15.51 is good enough.

[quote name='CaoPi']How hard/easy is this game to pick up and play? I tried playing some three kingdoms games but they are kinda hard to learn![/QUOTE]

Try RotTK XI on PS2, has a series of great tutorials.

If you like Romanace then don't miss out trying the new nobunaga's ambition (rise to power and iron triangle), while they are little different, I found iron triangle much easier to get into.

[quote name='Asgardian']Been waiting for this to drop forever, $15.51 is good enough.

Try RotTK XI on PS2, has a series of great tutorials.

If you like Romanace then don't miss out trying the new nobunaga's ambition (rise to power and iron triangle), while they are little different, I found iron triangle much easier to get into.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you just inspired me to buy all these games.

This is a really fun strategy game and I would recommend. I have been playing the heck out of it and my wife bought it for me for Xmas.

bread's done
Back