PS3 Available at Costco

patriotsfan6

CAG Veteran
If you are somewhere near Colchester VT the have a pallet of Playstation 3's at Costco. It is a bundle for $699 and they must have atleast 20 of them left as of 11:00 AM today.

PS3 is a flaming disaster. Even Sony fans are hard-pressed into liking the system, and without any games to really merit the purchase right now, I'm sure the PS3 problem will soon not be one of supplying demand, but of creating demand.

My mom called me from Costco and said there were a ton of PS3s and if I wanted her to get me one. Now that the hype (and Ebay profits) have died I said no.

I sold my PS2 before the launch of the PS3 so I may bite just so that I can play my PS2 games.

Not the best reason but it might be worth it and it would help support Sony. (Either I could rebuy a PS2, then wait for a price drop of the PS3 or I could get the PS3 right now)

[quote name='BrandonMills']PS3 is a flaming disaster. Even Sony fans are hard-pressed into liking the system, and without any games to really merit the purchase right now, I'm sure the PS3 problem will soon not be one of supplying demand, but of creating demand.[/QUOTE]

thank you for that useless input.

[quote name='Zoglog']thank you for that useless input.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really.

New flash! New systems don't have tons of games!

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, really.

New flash! New systems don't have tons of games![/quote]
I'm sure the guy that you're all replying to isn't speaking to the fact that new systems lack a large library, but that the launch titles don't offer any compelling reason to buy one right now. The Wii has a good number of titles that are not only great games, but are games that help sell the system.

IMHO, the only reason people went crazy over the PS3 wasn't because of the games (yet... I'm sure we'll get some good stuff in 2007), but because of the hype behind it.

[quote name='Warblade']I'm sure the guy that you're all replying to isn't speaking to the fact that new systems lack a large library, but that the launch titles don't offer any compelling reason to buy one right now. The Wii has a good number of titles that are not only great games, but are games that help sell the system.

IMHO, the only reason people went crazy over the PS3 wasn't because of the games (yet... I'm sure we'll get some good stuff in 2007), but because of the hype behind it.[/QUOTE]

Still... not the place for the discussion, OP posted that they are available at one (and possibly all) Costcos. You can take the PS3 flame bait to one of the many threads discussing it in the Sony forum.

Not to mention that aside from Zelda, lots of people are going to be just as interested (or moreso) in the PS3's launch library (or the 360's).

The Wii and PS3 launches have turned CAG into a fucking troll fest. It's getting really, really annoying. I'm on the verge of sitting things out for a few months until people chill the fuck out.

Anyway, thanks OP. I'll be near a Costco in San Antonio when I visit my parents for Christmas.

This with someone else's post of 100 being at a Best Buy in Texas means maybe Sony actually will get close to their estimates by the end of the year.

[quote name='elwood731']This with someone else's post of 100 being at a Best Buy in Texas means maybe Sony actually will get close to their estimates by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]
You mean their estimates of PS3s shipped or sold?

I was in my Costco today (Chandler, AZ) and I didn't see any. I'm gonna go back tomorrow to pick up a dual webcam pack for a Christmas present, so I'll report back if there are any PS3s. :)

[quote name='rickonker']You mean their estimates of PS3s shipped or sold?[/QUOTE]
Shipped. But I think Sony expects to sell all the units they ship this year.

[quote name='Sinistar']I was in my Costco today (Chandler, AZ) and I didn't see any. I'm gonna go back tomorrow to pick up a dual webcam pack for a Christmas present, so I'll report back if there are any PS3s. :)[/quote]

Good luck checking. I'll be asleep. And our poor used copy of Resistance I bought will be waiting a little while longer for a system to play in! :joystick:

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']And our poor used copy of Resistance I bought will be waiting a little while longer for a system to play in! :joystick:[/QUOTE]

yeah me too
I recently pick up ridge racer and resistance during the gs/eb b2g1free last weekend. I could of got a ps3, but x-mas shopping have left me poor.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Good luck checking. I'll be asleep. And our poor used copy of Resistance I bought will be waiting a little while longer for a system to play in! :joystick:[/quote]

Well, I didn't see any when I was there today by the game section.. I couldn't find an employee to ask if there were any systems available.. in fact I didn't see any systems at all except for some PSPs and DS bunclles. i guess they are all sold out for the holiday season..

Found some at Best Buy in Ahwutukee at Ray and I-10. They had 15 at the time minus one my roommate picked up. Thank goodness he wanted to finally do his Christmas shopping before work!

Wow, seems these are showing up pretty regularly now.

I guess Fry's is going to have a hard time selling their $1189 bundle (extra controller + 9 games) if the nearby Costco has them for $699. It was my original plan to get a Costco bundle for the "warranty". But now I don't even want one.

bread's done
Back