PS3 camping list- San Diego

W.arner1281

CAGiversary!
Feedback
179 (100%)
So, anyone planning on camping out for a PS3 (release date is November 17th if I recall correctly)? Hopefully we'll see some sort of shipment list like came out with the 360, that'll show which stores are getting how many consoles. In the meantime, who's planning on camping out at what stores? What time are you showing up at? I figure if we get enough interest, perhaps we'll just have CAG get togethers at each of the stores and have DS/PSP/whatever tournaments while we wait through the night. Soooooo...

1) What store are you going to?
2) What time are you showing up at?
3) Will you be bringing any portable systems to keep yourself/others entertained?

Myself:
1) Haven't decided yet, but probably the Best Buy in El Cajon.
2) Again... not sure, but probably 5PM on the 16th.
3) Don't own any.

PS- I've heard horror stories, so don't take this thread to mean that if CAG "A" shows up at a particular store, all other CAG's can show up an hour before store opening and cut in line behind CAG "A"... most likely everyone else in line will beat you silly and try and use your body parts to pummel CAG "A" for letting them cut.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Sounds like a way to find out which campers to ROB.[/QUOTE]

I already know where I am gonna go, but damn it's not in san diego and I don't think everyone else will think of it, so I am gonna keep my mouth shut!

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Sounds like a way to find out which campers to ROB.[/quote]

Thanks for the warning. Now I know to go with only a few bucks for snacks and such. I'll have my wife deliver the money in the morning.

[quote name='Warner1281']Thanks for the warning. Now I know to go with only a few bucks for snacks and such. I'll have my wife deliver the money in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here, I'm getting in line with a bag of snacks, MAYBE have a pizza delivered to me by a friend or family member. Then at 7 when the store opens I will have my credit cards delivered to me I'll probably take a knife, heat packs, a blanket, a comfortable lawn chair, 4 M80s,a mini propane grill, and a stack of magazines.

I can't imagine waiting in line that long nor will I do that. I may have to stop by the Sony store here in SF if they're throwing a big event but that's it.

I hope to get one this season but if not then I'll just wait.

Aren't there like 50 stores around SD that would be selling it?
Or will it be a select few?

What are the best stores to buy at in that area?
I may be down that way soon and I can scout them out.
Thanks!

[quote name='radman99']Aren't there like 50 stores around SD that would be selling it?
Or will it be a select few?

What are the best stores to buy at in that area?
I may be down that way soon and I can scout them out.
Thanks![/quote]

There's probably even more than that, but with each store only getting a couple of systems each, it leads to problems (since Sony is only releasing 400k units, or so I've heard). Places that are pretty much guaranteed to get them are all the major chain outlets... Best Buy, Circuit City, EB/GS/Gamecrazy, Fry's Wal-Mart, and probably ToysRUs. Other places may or may not get them (Mom & Pop shops, smaller electronic's places, CompUSA, etc).

Ahhh.. camp outs.

For both the PS2 and 360 I camped out at Best Buy in Chula Vista.

It was quite the experience.

At the 360 launch we even had a Tekken 5 tournament in front of the store at like 3 AM. Hahah. Good times.

[quote name='MarkMan']Ahhh.. camp outs.

For both the PS2 and 360 I camped out at Best Buy in Chula Vista.

It was quite the experience.

At the 360 launch we even had a Tekken 5 tournament in front of the store at like 3 AM. Hahah. Good times.[/quote]

Was that the Best Buy off of Highland? I was there (in front of the Verizon store) as well for the 360 launch, but didn't see any Tekken tournament going on (maybe cause I slept the whole time). I'm not sure about the PS3 but I'll be there for sure for the Wii. Sounds like a good idea, since most people I know wouldn't want to camp out for 12+ hours.

Well, a CAGfest may be a good idea regardless. I tried to do something like that but not enough peeps replied. Time to try again?

id like to meet up with some CAG's to camp out, itll be a shitload better than doing it by myself.
im not sure exactly where i wanna go though, i live in scripps ranch so somewhere close, if anybody is going around there let me know.

Who would really want a PS3 at launch? Buggy and high cost.. lol! Well hopefully NOT bugged. >.> But after the PS2, I am waiting till a REALLY good game comes out or the cost goes down a lot. I don't want another system like my PS2 that doesn't play 20% of the games and 70% of DVDs. I wonder if they will make a PSThree like the skinny PSTwo. Hmmm...

I'll consider it, I live in Mira Mesa so either the BB there or the Target since I live like 60 feet from it.

Can't wait for the eBay auctions to hit the day of launch.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Ditto here, I'm getting in line with a bag of snacks, MAYBE have a pizza delivered to me by a friend or family member. Then at 7 when the store opens I will have my credit cards delivered to me I'll probably take a knife, heat packs, a blanket, a comfortable lawn chair, 4 M80s,a mini propane grill, and a stack of magazines.[/QUOTE]

Geez. Isn't that a little too much? I can't believe you're going to bring that. Why would you need a stack of magazines?

Is it too much to hope that I could just arrive a couple of hours before opening and snag a Wii, even if the line is going to be long?

The PS3, while probably worth camping out for, is just too much moola for me to spend on one system without games.

[quote name='orimental']Geez. Isn't that a little too much? I can't believe you're going to bring that. Why would you need a stack of magazines?[/QUOTE]

Currently Im located in Wisconsin, so it will probably be VERY cold. The stack of magazines are something to read while wait,

[quote name='Ma12kez']Was that the Best Buy off of Highland? I was there (in front of the Verizon store) as well for the 360 launch, but didn't see any Tekken tournament going on (maybe cause I slept the whole time). I'm not sure about the PS3 but I'll be there for sure for the Wii. Sounds like a good idea, since most people I know wouldn't want to camp out for 12+ hours.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's the Best Buy. You probably were asleep lol. We were at the very front of the line.

Here's some pics:

66517264_c93f745feb.jpg

66517266_eabbf4c034.jpg

---

While I'm not looking forward to the PS3 as much as the Wii. I'm just getting one anyways for myself. After playing the PS3 games at E3 I'm still not impressed with any of them. And none of them are progressing enough to spark my interest.

[quote name='MarkMan']Yes, that's the Best Buy. You probably were asleep lol. We were at the very front of the line.

While I'm not looking forward to the PS3 as much as the Wii. I'm just getting one anyways for myself. After playing the PS3 games at E3 I'm still not impressed with any of them. And none of them are progressing enough to spark my interest.[/quote] Haha yeah that's the one I was at. Just a little more to the right and I'd be in that picture too lol. I remember now, didn't know it was Tekken, but I do remember that TV. I remember someone saying "who the fuck brought a damn tv." Pretty awesome in my opinion, but I got there @ 7PM. I was sitting next to some hardcore D&D players (it was sooo LAME that's all they talked about) that had a table and everything playing stratego or something. I ended up talking to Moms and Dads most of the time since they carried on much more interesting topics. But a memorable night I'd say (some weird ass shit went on during the early AM hours: some guy selling goldfish, another one selling enchiladas, someone selling bootleg dvds; some guy driving by the front of BB at 3MPH trying to sell his truck with a big ass sign on his window; it was HILARIOUS). Do you remember any of that stuff?

Anyway, to get back on topic, I'd probably start camping out at around NOON or so depending on the units they're getting (Wii for sure; don't know about PS3) not totally sure yet.

I remember when DC launched and I worked at the mall in a Babbage's game store. There was a large line and after about two hours of getting people setup with their copies of ready 2 rumble boxing :roll: and Sonic Adventure two police come in with a beat up kid crying. I guess the kid came in by him self to pickup his DC and when he went to the bus stop to go home he got jumped. Moral of the story don't get a system a launch if your a little kid.

Ahh, Babbage's, the good ol' days. PB, right? Man, that story sucks hardcore, feel very sorry for that boy. Well, I'm most likely not getting a PS3, gonna hold out for wii. But good luck to you guys who are waiting for the PS3, I hope nothing bad happens either. With the # of units shipping to America, the debut of the PS3 will be a day of infamy. Pardon my french, but... SHIT's going down.

Again, good luck guys, and hope everyone comes out in one piece.

[quote name='halu102']
Again, good luck guys, and hope everyone comes out in one piece.[/QUOTE]

Thats why Im bringing the knife for.:twisted:

"Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?"

[quote name='halu102']Ahh, Babbage's, the good ol' days. PB, right? Man, that story sucks hardcore, feel very sorry for that boy. Well, I'm most likely not getting a PS3, gonna hold out for wii. But good luck to you guys who are waiting for the PS3, I hope nothing bad happens either. With the # of units shipping to America, the debut of the PS3 will be a day of infamy. Pardon my french, but... SHIT's going down.

Again, good luck guys, and hope everyone comes out in one piece.[/quote]

Earlier on CNN they said pre-orders for the PS3 have surpassed 1 million then the story mentioned that most national retailers still aren't taking pre-orders. Best Buy is predicting that the PS3 will be almost impossible to find until the late Spring at the earliest and that some stores are getting 30-50 calls a day about the PS3 something that never happened with the 360 2 months before launch.

[quote name='dberuvides']Earlier on CNN they said pre-orders for the PS3 have surpassed 1 million then the story mentioned that most national retailers still aren't taking pre-orders. Best Buy is predicting that the PS3 will be almost impossible to find until the late Spring at the earliest and that some stores are getting 30-50 calls a day about the PS3 something that never happened with the 360 2 months before launch.[/QUOTE]
Oh my... guys, prepare for armageddon... it's the end of the world!

[quote name='menikmati']I'll consider it, I live in Mira Mesa so either the BB there or the Target since I live like 60 feet from it.

Can't wait for the eBay auctions to hit the day of launch.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking of the bb up the street.
let me know i need to check my work schedule, i better not be working.

Probably the BB in Mira Mesa one unless I go to Los Angeles to wait in line with a buddy. I am gonna try to get in line at 2pm. It matter if it is a midnight opening or the next day opening. If it is midnight then fuck school, I am gonna be tehre at like 9am or earlier.

Planning to go to the Poway walmart if I can get the 10% off from my girl's brother who works there, but I don't think he'll do the favor for me. I'm hoping he can just save one for himself.

Not too sure right now.. tough decisions.

[quote name='dberuvides']Earlier on CNN they said pre-orders for the PS3 have surpassed 1 million then the story mentioned that most national retailers still aren't taking pre-orders. Best Buy is predicting that the PS3 will be almost impossible to find until the late Spring at the earliest and that some stores are getting 30-50 calls a day about the PS3 something that never happened with the 360 2 months before launch.[/quote]
Well, I work for Best Buy and we never get calls about the PS3 (we had much more on 360 same time last year). Maybe once every few weeks. But then again, I educate the customers when they come in and then see the look of dread on their face when I mention price. That's generally when they ask about Wii60.

I expect we'll probably sell out of our initial shipment, but beyond that I don't expect nearly the furor as there was with the 360 or the Wii. I myself will wait until spring most likely to get a PS3. Wii, however, day one I'll have it.

bread's done
Back