PS3 Compatible Surround Sound Headphones

Vinceisrich

CAGiversary!
Hey, folks, help me out a bit. I need suggestions. I'm looking for a pair that won't set me back ridiculous amounts ($150 and up). Wired or wireless, I'm just looking for something moderately cheap that works. If it has Pro Logic II support or works with the Xbox 360 and Wii too, that's a definite plus. I've seen a few with built in headsets, too...

You can use pretty much any wired microphone with the PS3 by using a USB sound card. You can get one at monoprice.com. Just be sure that you get the proper sized audio cable as the input on that USB sound card is 3.5mm, while my headset is only 2.5mm.

Personally, I have a pair of Turtle Beach Earforce X2s that I use with my PC, Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3. I would recommend the X1, X3 or X4 as they allow you to control chat volume independently of the game volume, which the X2 doesn't allow.

I use the Tritton AX 360. Works on PS3, Xbox 360 (mic works with this and PS2), Wii, and anything that you've got connected, especially if you run it through a receiver. Cost is up there, but because it's so damn flexible it's very much worth it. Plus, they're the headphones I've seen used in booths at E3 and other industry events, so you know they're good. Not sure if they've been replaced with a newer model or not, which would make them even cheaper. Plus, they occasionally go on sale with rebates even though I never got mine back. They're perfect for late night gaming and movie watching because they're 5.1 digital.

Edit: I should also add that they work for PC.

This is the upgraded model that has a working mic for PS3 and 360.

bread's done
Back