PS3 Console with free game of your choice and blu-ray remote at Walmart

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']The last time this happened, weren't the games and remote returnable to the store?[/quote]

I suppose if fraud doesn't bother you, then sure.

Not sure how great this is when they just had the 10 free BR deal, since I passed on that I will sure pass on this.

Shipping to me was $18. Shipping and tax don't make this deal so hot. Still not as good as Amazon's no tax and free shipping.

Add the 80gb bundle to yer cart n the price goes up $100. So, boo to this 'deal', but it's good for those who wanna get a PS3 and have at least one game to play from the start.

[quote name='Tyrannical']I suppose if fraud doesn't bother you, then sure.[/quote]

How is it fraud? They were returnable because the buyer was charged for them. The console is $320 the remote is $20 and the game is $60. Thats how it appears on the receipt. If you return the console youre still out $80 for the game and remote. The same is true vice versa.

[quote name='Thongsy']Decent deal if you missed out on the 10 free blu ray movies or you're looking for a 40 gb instead of an 80.[/QUOTE]

You can do it with either model.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Add the 80gb bundle to yer cart n the price goes up $100. So, boo to this 'deal', but it's good for those who wanna get a PS3 and have at least one game to play from the start.[/QUOTE]

A free game and remote is a deal.

If this were some other store I'd go for it. I don't buy things from Sam Walton's Mart.

[quote name='Tirade']How is it fraud? They were returnable because the buyer was charged for them. The console is $320 the remote is $20 and the game is $60. Thats how it appears on the receipt. If you return the console youre still out $80 for the game and remote. The same is true vice versa.[/quote]

Some people get their panties in a wad about returning things, especially without a receipt. If a store excepts a return without a receipt, said store can sell the game and get their money back. Where or how you got it doesn't make a difference. The funny thing about this is that I feel a lot more morally sound doing something like this, then I do taking advantage of glitches or misprint price matching, yet the people who bitch about this being fraud are first in line to take advantage of this.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Add the 80gb bundle to yer cart n the price goes up $100.[/QUOTE]

The 80GB is $100 more than the 40GB. Why would this surprise you?

Or am I missing something here?

i returned a game once to walmart without a reciept, it worked...i felt dirty...i'm not sure about the legality of it but personally I dont like it...but back to the topic I would be on this if there was free shipping...why does walmart not have the store pickup option...they have stores everywhere it would make things alot easier...anyone know if best buy will price match walmarts online site? I have a few hundred dollars worth of gift cards I need to spend at best buy...

[quote name='Jlong1002']Some people get their panties in a wad about returning things, especially without a receipt. If a store excepts a return without a receipt, said store can sell the game and get their money back. Where or how you got it doesn't make a difference. The funny thing about this is that I feel a lot more morally sound doing something like this, then I do taking advantage of glitches or misprint price matching, yet the people who bitch about this being fraud are first in line to take advantage of this.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

[quote name='mykevermin']The 80GB is $100 more than the 40GB. Why would this surprise you?

Or am I missing something here?[/QUOTE]

The guy goes into every PS3 deal topic and makes stupid comments.

I would like to know the same.... I doubt it will work in store though.

Shipping is 18 dollars for me, which is annoying (still a good deal though).

[quote name='Tyrannical']I suppose if fraud doesn't bother you, then sure.[/quote]

You obviously don't know what fraud means

Also, the 80G model comes with Motorstorm already. The 40G model comes with Spiderman 3.
Then you add the game of you choice from a list of 9. ($60 value)
Then you add the remote. ($25 value)
That's a pretty good deal.

If you live near a store just have it shipped to the store for free. They e-mail and call you when it arrives. And it only takes a couple days to arrive. I live near about 10 stores in a 12 mile radius so I've been doing it with online picture orders for years.

[quote name='FlyMaggot']If you live near a store[/QUOTE]

Heh. "If" you live near a Wal-Mart.

All kidding aside, that's a good idea to save on the shipping costs.

This deal was good when they had the 60GB PS3 available b4. I kept hestiating and missed out.

I ended up getting my 60GB PS3 from CC.com w/ free shipping. It just didn't come with any extras.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Add the 80gb bundle to yer cart n the price goes up $100. So, boo to this 'deal', but it's good for those who wanna get a PS3 and have at least one game to play from the start.[/quote]

The 80GB system with Motorstorm is normally $500. This package is $500, except you also get a game and a remote. How is that not a deal?

If you dont need backwards compatibility, I think this is a smoking hot deal on the 40GB.

There are deals with the 60's and 80's pretty often (less lately on the 60's as they are almost gone). Everything for black friday was almost always centered around the 80.

$399 for a PS3, Spiderman 3, $60 game, Blu-Ray Remote, and 5 Blu-Rays by mail is a smoking hot deal, especially if you have it shipped to the store to avoid the shipping costs.

You can always legally (and morally well) return the game and remote as they are billed seperately on the receipt and get back $80-$90 dollars.

The problem is there is no option to do ship to store, at least none I could see. Still not too bad a deal. Not as nice as the 10 free movies.

I tried to get one on Sat from Walmart with the 10 free movies but they were supposedly sold out at two different locations when I went a couple hours after I was told they had a few in stock. Went back next day and they had lots. Fishy fishy.

[quote name='Jlong1002']Some people get their panties in a wad about returning things, especially without a receipt. If a store excepts a return without a receipt, said store can sell the game and get their money back. Where or how you got it doesn't make a difference. The funny thing about this is that I feel a lot more morally sound doing something like this, then I do taking advantage of glitches or misprint price matching, yet the people who bitch about this being fraud are first in line to take advantage of this.[/quote]

Yeah, it will magically be bought once you take it back, and the store will break even, not a loss :roll: . Did you also forget about the part where you have to lie to the CS rep who could get in trouble for your actions? Also the part where it's fraud?

anyways, great deal for those who missed out on the previous deals. WM seems to have an overtsock of PS3s they wanna get rid of, with all these recent sales.

If Amazon offered this I'd be all over it. Did the math and this would come out to about 451 dollars after tax and shipping. Essentially your getting a free bluetooth remote.
I have amazon prime so I may just get the 40gb with one day shipping. It sucks amazon hasn't had a deal on a 40gb yet.

[quote name='y2todd']Can i do this offer in store?[/quote]

I was just told no by someone in electronics. This store doesn't have the remote, so no go.

Kearny, NJ store.

[quote name='FlyMaggot']If you live near a store just have it shipped to the store for free. They e-mail and call you when it arrives. And it only takes a couple days to arrive. I live near about 10 stores in a 12 mile radius so I've been doing it with online picture orders for years.[/quote]

This deal does not have the "ship to store" option anywhere on either of the pages I went to. I looked hard, too!

[quote name='Tirade']You can always legally (and morally well) return the game and remote as they are billed seperately on the receipt and get back $80-$90 dollars.[/quote]

You'll get back 2 cents since the game and remote are billed at a penny each. Great deal, I bought this for my brother. Though he's still undecided whether he wants a ps3 or 360, worst comes to worst I just return it to walmart and take a 18 dollar lost on the shipping.

[quote name='Thongsy']You'll get back 2 cents since the game and remote are billed at a penny each. Great deal, I bought this for my brother. Though he's still undecided whether he wants a ps3 or 360, worst comes to worst I just return it to walmart and take a 18 dollar lost on the shipping.[/quote]

On the 60GB bundle the remote and game were full price and billed accordingly. the online invoice did show 1 penny each but the actual packing invoice/receipt showed full price.

[quote name='Wolfpup']You can do it with either model.

A free game and remote is a deal.

If this were some other store I'd go for it. I don't buy things from Sam Walton's Mart.[/quote]

Maybe if it were 3 free games and a couple movies, THEN it's a deal. But, a remote I'll have no fucking use for, not a 'deal' to me.

[quote name='mykevermin']The 80GB is $100 more than the 40GB. Why would this surprise you?

Or am I missing something here?[/quote]

I'm figuring that, like they phased out the 20 and 60 gb models, they would be phasing out the 80gb sooner than later and thus price dropping it too.

[quote name='quest1962']This deal does not have the "ship to store" option anywhere on either of the pages I went to. I looked hard, too![/quote]
Just back from the netherworlds trying to PM this deal. No luck. CC doesn't offer "that bundle" and BB said they don't PM one day sales.

Then I tried WM. Nothing doing there either. I even tried to get them to get it shipped to their own store, since the ship to store isn't offered on this deal. Nope. Can't say I didn't try!

Bought it online, having it sent, and gonna be a happy camper when it is! Not the best deal, but I will have entered the Next Gen.

Finally!

bread's done
Back