PS3 Console

evuong

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Is this a good deal for a PS3 console? Always been a 360 fan, but I think its time for a change.

Guy on craigslist is selling all this for $140:
-PS3 80 GB
-God Of War, Fall out 3, Fall out new vegas
-HDMI cable + all other necessary cables
-dual shock controller

Thanks

It's an ok deal. You are are getting the last gen PS3 which was prone to the YLOD and 80GB is too small of a hard drive as most PS3 games require at least 2GB of install space and in many cases more than 2GB.

It would be better to get a PS3 Slim on sale. Games you can get dirt cheap.

I wouldn't say thats much of a deal, sound like the going rate. Is it a BC 80gig or 2 USB 80gig?

BTW Ive been using an 80gig BC since they launched and like Rodster said I'm starting to run low on space, u'll want at least a 120 especially if your going to do playstaion plus.

I'd advise not buying a used (or new if you find one) fat ps3. Mine just YLOD'd a month ago. Get a slim on sale as ROdster suggested. Those games are dirt cheap now like $10ish. That is kind of going rate I think. People were getting brand new slims last black Friday for $200 + a $50 gift card plus 2 free games (or 1). If you've waited this long consider waiting until next black Friday. Or if they announce the rumored super-slim. Then get the slim as they clear them out. I'm hoping that happens so I can replace my POS fat console.

Keep looking for deals...

I bought a system from a guy off Craigslist 3 weeks ago:

3 month old 320gb Slim
2 dual shock controllers
Uncharted 3
MGS4
Little big planet

All for $200

So deals ARE to be had...you just gotta look

Alright thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I actually had no idea about the YLOD, thought it was just for the XBOX.

Now to find a slim..

I had many 4 fat models in the past 2 of which where backward compatible all had problems the YLOD is actually easy to fix but having to buy new laser is a pain and there not cheap either so I gave up on those. So definitely look for a slim, I actually got one for $80 on craigslist last week fully working with MW3 it just needed a controller.

Keep checking Craigslist for deals

Good choice to go with a Slim :applause:

I still have my launch PS3 Phat in mint condition. I no longer use it, it's more of an heirloom. They were the best PS3 model Sony made. There is a company that fixes YLOD and they do a re-ball not a re-flow. It cost around $125 for the service.

The original PS3's are not too expensive to fix because they are not many in service. But I will never part with my Phat. It had it's flaws but it also had a lot going for it. With proper maintence like changing out the thermal paste and using an aftermarket exhaust fan that has an external power source, they last years.

bread's done
Back