PS3 controller + Game bundle $35 @ BB B&M YMMV

KlaytonAmory

CAGiversary!
Was just at Best Buy and saw the PS3 Controller + Little Big Planet GotY edition bundle on clearance for $35. Figured that is a hell of a deal and I'd pass it on.

They didn't have the Rachet and Clank one or GoW one...so don't know if those will be too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FactionG']For those interested, here are the other two SKUs:

God of War bundle - 1671884

Ratchet and Clank bundle - 9669025[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']What are the other codes?[/QUOTE]Here.

what color are the controllers? I'm trying to get four separate colors for my PS3 controllers and I already have black, blue, and red.

just came back from BB it rang up 43 bucks oh well but i did get a ps2 controller for 12 bucks and i allready had a controller adapter for my ps3 so :D new controller for 12 bucks

9 LBP bundles at Brooklyn OH best today for 31.99 on clearance . Bought my one and left the other 8 on the shelf (being the half descent human being that I am.)

[quote name='dancrown']9 LBP bundles at Brooklyn OH best today for 31.99 on clearance . Bought my one and left the other 8 on the shelf (being the half descent human being that I am.)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm right around the corner from there at work, will head over now to grab one.

Just a heads up for those of you in the OKC area looking for these:

Last time I was at Best Buy in Norman, OK (was probably a month or so ago), they had an entire shelf dedicated to to the GoW3 Controller bundles. They've been sitting there for a LONGGGG time, so I'm pretty sure they are still there.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']They had 3 at my Best Buy but they rang up at $47.99 :cry:[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Rockville Pike Store, MD

At this price I'd probably get an Infamous bundle or God of War Collection Red bundle. Kind of wish there was a jungle/dark green bundle.

[quote name='dancrown']9 LBP bundles at Brooklyn OH best today for 31.99 on clearance . Bought my one and left the other 8 on the shelf (being the half descent human being that I am.)[/QUOTE]

Only 4 were left when I got there, I took 2 and left 2.

Do they have a price tag on them, or are they just marked clearance? I am half tempted to go after work to get one. I could use the extra dual shock just for backup purposes. But I don't wanna have to go through the process of bringing it to the register and price check it (if possible) since I want to get home asap.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Do they have a price tag on them, or are they just marked clearance? I am half tempted to go after work to get one. I could use the extra dual shock just for backup purposes. But I don't wanna have to go through the process of bringing it to the register and price check it (if possible) since I want to get home asap.[/QUOTE]

There's no tag on the product, but there should be a tag on the shelf that says the price.

My Best Buy in Culver City had like 6 of the LBP bundles, but they were marked at $47.98 or something. Not low enough for me.

[quote name='nnumber66']There's no tag on the product, but there should be a tag on the shelf that says the price.

My Best Buy in Culver City had like 6 of the LBP bundles, but they were marked at $47.98 or something. Not low enough for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, might as well take a quick stop. They claim all the bundles are unavailable but well it takes me a minute to drive up from work to check. Plus I can check on any other clearance stuff as well.

Nice to see some Ohio CAG. Just got back from Mentor, OH and they had the LBP bundles for $24.99!!!!! They had 6 on the shelf and since I'm a nice guy I only bought 4 and left 2 for some lucky buyers.

[quote name='AcidRain25']Nice to see some Ohio CAG. Just got back from Mentor, OH and they had the LBP bundles for $24.99!!!!! They had 6 on the shelf and since I'm a nice guy I only bought 4 and left 2 for some lucky buyers.[/QUOTE]
You needed four? Lol. That's crazy.

[quote name='AcidRain25']Nice to see some Ohio CAG. Just got back from Mentor, OH and they had the LBP bundles for $24.99!!!!! They had 6 on the shelf and since I'm a nice guy I only bought 4 and left 2 for some lucky buyers.[/QUOTE]

Shit. More competition.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You needed four? Lol. That's crazy.[/QUOTE]
Considering the controllers by themselves are $54.99 EACH, it's always nice to have a few spares around for half off or better. It's like getting a Black Friday price without having to wait till November.

As it stands I have two new/sealed spare Dual Shock 3's and three third party controllers(Rocketfish brand from Best Buy) that are ok as far as third party controllers go. Albeit the battery life leaves something to be desired, the PS button has to be 'broke in' to work right nearly 100% of the time and the L2/R2 trigger springs are weaker than the DS 3's, but they only cost me $10 each.

So I don't blame them for buying multiples cuz $25 a set is a hell of a price. That's like paying $12.50 each for a controller and a game. Where are you going to get a new DS 3 and/or a copy of a AAA PS3 title for $12.50 each?

[quote name='dabamus']Shit. More competition.[/QUOTE]

If I recall, you're in columbus, which means that I am your competition :p

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering the controllers by themselves are $54.99 EACH, it's always nice to have a few spares around for half off or better. It's like getting a Black Friday price without having to wait till November.

As it stands I have two new/sealed spare Dual Shock 3's and three third party controllers(Rocketfish brand from Best Buy) that are ok as far as third party controllers go. Albeit the battery life leaves something to be desired, the PS button has to be 'broke in' to work right nearly 100% of the time and the L2/R2 trigger springs are weaker than the DS 3's, but they only cost me $10 each.

So I don't blame them for buying multiples cuz $25 a set is a hell of a price. That's like paying $12.50 each for a controller and a game and where are you going to get a new DS 3 and/or a copy of a AAA PS3 title for $12.50 each?[/QUOTE]

They're 24.99 each, not for both, so it's like 50 a set. Still a good deal, but not as cheap as you said.

[quote name='dmdragon']They're 24.99 each, not for both, so it's like 50 a set, still good, but not as cheap as you said.[/QUOTE]

A set meaning the bundle, controller + game.

[quote name='dmdragon']They're 24.99 each, not for both, so it's like 50 a set. Still a good deal, but not as cheap as you said.[/QUOTE]
The full set of game/controller was $24.99 at AcidRain25's store according to them, $24.99 divided by 2 is $12.50 or just about.

They bought four of them for $24.99 each set(controller/game), so they paid $12.50 per item NOT per set.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The full set of game/controller was $24.99 at AcidRain25's store according to them, $24.99 divided by 2 is $12.50 or just about.

They bought four of them for $24.99 each set(controller/game), so they paid $12.50 per item NOT per set.[/QUOTE]

I misunderstood you, I just got off of work and I'm tired. LEAVE ME ALONE :p

[quote name='dmdragon']If I recall, you're in columbus, which means that I am your competition :p[/QUOTE]

Nope. Akron area.

[quote name='imacgod']Does Best Buy price match its own stores on clearances? I'm trying to think of a contingency plan just in case.[/QUOTE]

nope.

Went to the Wilkes Barre one, didn't have any which I am perfectly fine with. What I am not fine with was they had a copy of red steel 2 which contained a WM+ on it with a $29.99 sticker AND a nice big 50% off label on it too. When I brought it to the register she told me it was $29.99. What the fuck?

[quote name='Ivanhoe']nope.[/QUOTE]

i just got back from the westbury, long island best buy. i spoke to the manger earlier in the day and explained to him that i bought (2) lbp and ps3 dual shock bundles for 24.99 a piece at the bayshore, long island store. i asked if he could price match it and he did. i asked him to hold a couple behind the desk for me and when i got there i had no issues. westbury store has them marked for $47.00 they had about 15 more on shelf.

well maybe if your in the area you can say that you were at the bayshore store and they had it priced for 24.99 and see if they will price match it for you.. good luck.

So I guess it doesn't hurt to try and ask. Thanks, mate. I see CAGs in MD so in case I can't get it at a store near me, I'd rather get them to price match it for me instead of driving all over.

[quote name='imacgod']So I guess it doesn't hurt to try and ask. Thanks, mate. I see CAGs in MD so in case I can't get it at a store near me, I'd rather get them to price match it for me instead of driving all over.[/QUOTE]

i usually just take a drive over to my local store, if i dont find it there i ask a sales person to see if they have it at another store. i would make sure that all details are cleared with the manager of that store before you go so you dont waste your time, and expenses getting there.

i dont usually call another store and just ask a random sales person cuz they may just say they dont have it in stock and keep it for themselves.

[quote name='arsenal789']i just got back from the westbury, long island best buy. i spoke to the manger earlier in the day and explained to him that i bought (2) lbp and ps3 dual shock bundles for 24.99 a piece at the bayshore, long island store. i asked if he could price match it and he did. i asked him to hold a couple behind the desk for me and when i got there i had no issues. westbury store has them marked for $47.00 they had about 15 more on shelf.

well maybe if your in the area you can say that you were at the bayshore store and they had it priced for 24.99 and see if they will price match it for you.. good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was thinking about driving to Huntington today but didn't. I'll keep this in mind.

Found a store today with 5-6 copies all marked $26.99. I did a big game trade in, so I went ahead and grabbed two bundles with some credit. Figured I'd give everyone else a day or so...if they are still in stock tomorrow, I'll probably grab a few more. Might consider doing these to some CAG's for $40-45 shipped. (These are bigger, so they'd have to go Parcel Post, as opposed to First Class).

[quote name='imacgod']I don't have a PS3 yet, but I think I better jump on this deal while it's hot.[/QUOTE]

Me either! I'm wating till June when the big PS3 console deals come! However, I'm getting odds and ends, now! The controllers are anywhere from $40-$50! And, I don't plan on using anything generic on my PS3 for 2 years or so!

I remember when consoles came with 2/TWO controllers, automatically!!!!! WTF?! :roll:

[quote name='sgaldis']Found a store today with 5-6 copies all marked $26.99. I did a big game trade in, so I went ahead and grabbed two bundles with some credit. Figured I'd give everyone else a day or so...if they are still in stock tomorrow, I'll probably grab a few more. Might consider doing these to some CAG's for $40-45 shipped. (These are bigger, so they'd have to go Parcel Post, as opposed to First Class).[/QUOTE]
Priority Mail flat rate medium sized box is about $11-12 total with delivery confirmation. There's two varieties of the medium box as well. There's a deeper one(likely good for this bundle) and there's a longer one(good for game guides in lots of 10 or so).

[quote name='dmdragon']They're 24.99 each, not for both, so it's like 50 a set. Still a good deal, but not as cheap as you said.[/QUOTE]
That's a good price then. I was going pick up one buy the Amherst store doesn't have them...

Found a store that had one from the online locator... But when I got there I only saw the gow bundle. After checking the store a bunch and getting them to check in the back THEY FOUND ONE!

It rang up at $47... So I asked if they could PM it from another BB store. After looking around they found a store in Thousand Oaks, CA that had it for $30. The manager didn't want to PM unless they had them in stock, so the guy who was helping me called the store and they did infact have them in stock so I got LBP GOTY and DS3 for $34.00

It was the BB employee who really made this happen.

West Mifflin Pa, Century 3 area had a ton of them. Unfortunately they were marked $47.99. A bit too rich for my blood still.

bread's done
Back