PS3 controller + Game bundle $35 @ BB B&M YMMV

KlaytonAmory

CAGiversary!
Was just at Best Buy and saw the PS3 Controller + Little Big Planet GotY edition bundle on clearance for $35. Figured that is a hell of a deal and I'd pass it on.

They didn't have the Rachet and Clank one or GoW one...so don't know if those will be too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AukeySeven']Found a store that had one from the online locator... But when I got there I only saw the gow bundle. After checking the store a bunch and getting them to check in the back THEY FOUND ONE!

It rang up at $47... So I asked if they could PM it from another BB store. After looking around they found a store in Thousand Oaks, CA that had it for $30. The manager didn't want to PM unless they had them in stock, so the guy who was helping me called the store and they did infact have them in stock so I got LBP GOTY and DS3 for $34.00

It was the BB employee who really made this happen.[/QUOTE]
That's awesome! I'm glad you found one.

Best Buy did have a sale on DualShocks a month or two ago where the controllers were like $45. I'd argue to wait as well if you can't get the bundle for cheaper.

I grabbed a couple of extra bundles today; gonna offer them up to CAG's for $40 shipped. Before any moaning or groaning from anyone, that leaves about $3-4 extra after tax and shipping; more than fair for my time and gas to go back out there, I believe....

Hunt Valley MD has 2 left that ring up $34.99, however once the employee saw how much they were he said he was going to buy one but didnt take it off the shelf.

MD Cags: FYI. I picked up one from the Shady Grove, Gaithersburg store earlier the other day for $37.99. I stopped by later at the Georgia Ave, Silver Spring store and they had bundles for $23.99 located on a high shelf on the wall around the game section. There were 6 or 7 left when i left there at 6pm.

[quote name='sgaldis']I grabbed a couple of extra bundles today; gonna offer them up to CAG's for $40 shipped. Before any moaning or groaning from anyone, that leaves about $3-4 extra after tax and shipping; more than fair for my time and gas to go back out there, I believe....[/QUOTE]
Don't worry, you'll still have people PMing you to offer $2 above your cost SHIPPED.;)

Lansing, MI Best Buy had a few left. I snatched one LBP bundle for myself, rang in at $31 even though it was still marked 59.99. Sadly the God of War Collection bundle with red controller still rang up at $60 :/

Definately YMMV on this. They had these for $47 and something, stacked up all nice. I had them price check to make sure. Oh well. I want a pink one anyway.

[quote name='zippo718']If you're just looking for a DS3, there's a Ebay seller with 99% rating selling them for $27 shipped (from HK). Your choice of black, blue, red or white. Got one myself. Can't beat that price for real DS3's (without getting lucky with clearance, anyway).[/QUOTE]
If by HK you mean Hong Kong, then it's likely a counterfeit controller. Quite a few sites sell them, but the real question is how long will the controllers last.

Picked it up for $47 and then went across the street with it to gamestop and returned the $60 bundle I bought on Friday

Probably my first bad experience in a while... Sorry in advance for long read

Walked into Best Buy, spent a bit looking but eventually found the last bundle they seemed to have, was marked $59.99 but on a hunch decided to bring it to checkout anyways. It rang up $39.99, now this is where the madness began

Employee "Oh wow, 39.99 that cant be right.... these controllers are usually like 55"

Me - "It must have went on clearance and the bundle is of course a better deal, hence why i want it"

Employee "Oh, but I dont know why we dont just take the controller off the bundle and sell the game and controller separate,would make more money"

Me "Yeah, but thats why I want this bundle, because its a good deal"

Employee "Hold on, let me tell my manager about this"

.... waiting for manager....

Manager "thats odd, don't know why this would be so much less than a controller alone because this comes with a game too, something isnt right"

Me " My understanding is a lot of people have been finding these at varied lower prices, seems as if they are being put on clearance throughout stores, why I figured I would try my luck here... so may I please purchase the item now"

..... Manager and employee go into private discussion.....

Manager " Well, I was told that these were to be separated and sold individually"

Me "You didnt even know about this and how are you just now informed, besides you have to account for that item's sku"

Manager " Oh, I can adjust the inventory to change things around, breaking them up would be the smartest thing to do really, would you like to buy them both still after I separate them?"

Me "Please tell me your joking right? I brought something to the register that was ringing up one price now you want to charge me more which defeats the whole purpose for me wanting them in the first place."

Manager "sorry sir but this is something that should have been fixed already and sorry that it had to be done on you, I can offer you 5$ off the controller if your still interested"

Me " You know what, I must be in the twilight zone because this is the most off the wall s*** I have ever heard, keep it and please be reassured I will convey this experience to the right people"

Sigh

[quote name='Madrocsz']Probably my first bad experience in a while... Sorry in advance for long read

Walked into Best Buy, spent a bit looking but eventually found the last bundle they seemed to have, was marked $59.99 but on a hunch decided to bring it to checkout anyways. It rang up $39.99, now this is where the madness began

Employee "Oh wow, 39.99 that cant be right.... these controllers are usually like 55"

Me - "It must have went on clearance and the bundle is of course a better deal, hence why i want it"

Employee "Oh, but I dont know why we dont just take the controller off the bundle and sell the game and controller separate,would make more money"

Manager "thats odd, don't know why this would be so much less than a controller alone because this comes with a game too, something isnt right"

Me " My understanding is a lot of people have been finding these at varied lower prices, seems as if they are being put on clearance throughout stores, why I figured I would try my luck here... so may I please purchase the item now"

Manager " Well, I was told that these were to be separated and sold individually"

Me "You didnt even know about this and how are you just now informed, besides you have to account for that item's sku"

Manager " Oh, I can adjust the inventory to change things around, breaking them up would be the smartest thing to do really, would you like to buy them both still after I separate them?"

Me "Please tell me your joking right? I brought something to the register that was ringing up one price now you want to charge me more which defeats the whole purpose for me wanting them in the first place."

Manager "sorry sir but this is something that should have been fixed already and sorry that it had to be done on you, I can offer you 5$ off the controller if your still interested"

Me " You know what, I must be in the twilight zone because this is the most off the wall s*** I have ever heard, keep it and please be reassured I will convey this experience to the right people"

Sigh[/QUOTE]
Please tell me you're joking? Isn't the bundle INSIDE A BOX for a reason? I'm pretty sure somewhere outside along the box is would clearly state "not for individual sale" (ie. when you buy a 6-pack of soda). Manager is flat out retarded if true and deserves to be called up.

yeah, def call corporate on that a-hole. He obviously doesn't know what the hell he's doing and shouldn't be a manager in the first place.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Probably my first bad experience in a while... Sorry in advance for long read

Sigh[/QUOTE]

I thought the games in the bundle had the "not for resale" label instead of a barcode. If any place did that to me I'd be calling corporate as I waited at the register so I could politely get all the names right then and there, if they had a problem with it they could deal with it.

[quote name='Ultragamer']I thought the games in the bundle had the "not for resale" label instead of a barcode. If any place did that to me I'd be calling corporate as I waited at the register so I could politely get all the names right then and there, if they had a problem with it they could deal with it.[/QUOTE]

I just bought it. It says "Not for resale" with no barcode

Sigh[/QUOTE]

Definitely call corporate. You deserve a gift card for that experience at the very least.

Ah, didn't realize the game was labeled not for resale, even more fuel to the fire when I call.

The whole situation was a bit ridiculous and I am sure if I went crazy on the manager either I would have been tossed out or actually got the stuff for the right price I however was just completely in awe of the entire situation and decided it be best I leave before I made an ass of myself.

I'm not going to bash the employee for everyone knows their some idiots out there but the manager has no case and be sure that I will get some answers.

It doesnt bother me much that I didnt get the deal but just the way it was handled.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Ah, didn't realize the game was labeled not for resale, even more fuel to the fire when I call.

The whole situation was a bit ridiculous and I am sure if I went crazy on the manager either I would have been tossed out or actually got the stuff for the right price I however was just completely in awe of the entire situation and decided it be best I leave before I made an ass of myself.

I'm not going to bash the employee for everyone knows their some idiots out there but the manager has no case and be sure that I will get some answers.

It doesnt bother me much that I didnt get the deal but just the way it was handled.[/QUOTE]

There are probably just as many idiot managers as employees that work at best buy.. and I don't think you would have had much of a chance of getting it for the clearance price if the manager had refused you after the discussion you had with him. You handled it pretty well. I would've done the same thing, and called corporate after leaving the store. I personally don't think a manger should ever refuse to sell something for the price that it scans for (as long as it isn't pennied out and isn't an item that is deleted from their inventory), so that manager's reasoning is pretty ridiculous. I agree that he shouldn't be working as a manager at that store.

Sigh[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']Definitely call corporate. You deserve a gift card for that experience at the very least.[/QUOTE]

+1

thats beyond absurd. I would have made a god damn scene there, thats bull shit, they cant do that. Ive had a lot of crappy experiences with Best buy in the past and i never buy from them except for the rare super sale. Theyre a very crappy store and pull garbage like this all the time.. but this particular example is worse than anything even i've encountered.

At the very least you should have gotten the store number and the managers name and told him you were going to call coprorate on the prick. Wow.. just.. wow

[quote name='Madrocsz']Ah, didn't realize the game was labeled not for resale, even more fuel to the fire when I call.

It doesnt bother me much that I didnt get the deal but just the way it was handled.[/QUOTE]

you really need to do something about that and not just 'let it go' Did you at least get the guys name? google the corporate complaint number.. here i think this is it:

Best Buy Co., Inc.
7601 Penn Ave S.
Richfield, MN 55423
Best Buy Corporate Office: (612) 291-1000
Customer Care: (888) 237-8289

the 888 number i think. Im not sure what their policy is but im pretty damn sure theyre obliged to sell you items for what theyre marked. I know target and walmart definitely do. I've gotten items that were actually mismarked, or even just put in the wrong place for the listed price (i.e. super smash bros was in the wrong hole today for 39.99 and it got price adjusted since it was THEIR stockers that did that)

I would've called corporate from the parking lot... I had to do that once on a manager when he chased me into the parking lot and accused me of putting screen saver locks on all his display computers because I was an employee of Myer-Emco... I didn't even know what Myer Emco was and I definitely didn't pw lock all of his screen savers...

When I walked back in after talking to coporate, the fat bastard had to apologize to me in front of the store - after I yelled for all the customers and workers to listen to his apology. It was awesome. I think he got fired. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

That sucks, especially if you were buying the last copy. I could have seen something like what happened to you if you were actually trying to buy more than one of the same item. Best Buy should have let you have it at the $35 price and then adjusted the price after you left to correct the matter.

[quote name='Tourista']Lansing, MI Best Buy had a few left. I snatched one LBP bundle for myself, rang in at $31 even though it was still marked 59.99. Sadly the God of War Collection bundle with red controller still rang up at $60 :/[/QUOTE]

There were 2 this morning. There are zero now.

I would have told them to call corporate or requested someone even higher to his face. Dont have they District Managers?

Thats was a stupid situation but you did handle it very well.

Sigh[/QUOTE]
No way...I can't beleive it. It almost sound like the employee on the register tried to push you of the deal using one of his fellow co-workers pretending the seond one is a manager. It so odd that is unbelivable. My oppinion both of them should be reported to the Higher BB Managment, atleast to the Best buy store manager.

In happier(?) news, I nabbed two bundles for $39.99 each at the Arundel Mills Mall in Maryland. Not sure if I want to keep them though at that price, but I'm not to keen about hoping and waiting for a larger discount. I'm going to try my luck at trying to price match the $26.99 the one CAG found at the Inner Harbor's store. Thanks to my fellow MD CAGs.

Sigh[/QUOTE]

Hell, I would have walked over to customer service and used their own phone to call corporate....
hope you got their names....

You handled it very well. If that was me, I would of started shit, because that right there is not only bad practice but he should be fired for that. Be sure to do whatever you can to get his ass in trouble and I would go after the employee as well because he has no right to deny you something that rings up as one price.

Then again BB employees are fucking dumbasses. I went back and got that Red Steel 2 bundle for $15 but not after explaining what a fucking 50% off sticker means on the box and that the game came from the clearance rack :roll:

Sigh[/QUOTE]
dont the controllers in those bundles have a "Not For Resale" sticker on the plastic case thing (covering up the upc) to prevent it from being split up and resold separately?

i definitely remember seeing it on the uncharted 1 + black ds3 controller bundle i got a while back. i would have rubbed that in their face.

edit: woops should have read further replys

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']You handled it very well. If that was me, I would of started shit, because that right there is not only bad practice but he should be fired for that. Be sure to do whatever you can to get his ass in trouble and I would go after the employee as well because he has no right to deny you something that rings up as one price.

Then again BB employees are fucking dumbasses. I went back and got that Red Steel 2 bundle for $15 but not after explaining what a fucking 50% off sticker means on the box and that the game came from the clearance rack :roll:[/QUOTE]
Considering the WB store is the one where not one but TWO managers chided ME for trying to buy pennied guides that THEIR people left on the shelves for 2-3 days after a drop and even threatened to have me banned from the store if I tried to buy them again I'd say that the tainted Kool Aid must be a big part of any Best Buy company meeting.

No where else(save for the Circuit City that used to be up in Middletown, NY) have I EVER been scolded like a child for trying to buy a product that is clearly still out for sale on their sales floor and ringing up with an actual price in the system.

Even though that penny price is a 'marker' in the system and employees are supposed to know this and NOT sell them they still do. So to me if an item is on the shelf and it rings up for whatever price, then I'm going to try and buy it.:D

See the thing with these fucking companies and stores is that if you try to do something in their store - all the employers will be having each others back - so he was already lost at that store, they probably wouldnt even let him use the phone to call the corporate. I think and hope he got their fucking names and then he can report them by calling the corporate number from his house. If he had that on video or on audio recorded - that would have been even better.

[quote name='Video-Gamer'] If he had that on video or on audio recorded - that would have been even better.[/QUOTE]

That shit made me LOL... Like we all walk around with a video cam recording every store transaction we ever make.

"Hold on - before I buy a pack of gum, I need to start up my video cam. It'll just be a second!"

Wow, clearly this is a serious YMMV case.... Sorry for the bad experiences!

I just wanted to mention a couple of successes on this, which I think warrants my first CAG post:

I found the last LBP bundle at the Best Buy in Manhattan, NY near Houston st. on Broadway, clearly priced ~$47. Brought it up to the counter, saw it ring up as ~$47, and asked "Oh, do you price-match your own stores? This was in a Best Buy on Long Island for $24.99."

They asked if I had proof of the deal, I waffled, they asked if it was online, I said it was in the Bayshore store (per arsenal789's post). They called there, confirmed the price, got a manager over, and kicked mine down to $27.20 with tax.

A friend of mine found a couple more bundles at the 23rd st. Best Buy, and managed exactly the same procedure. Now I have enough controllers to really get You Don't Know Jack going, and it's all down to you CAGers. Thank you! If any of you are still looking in Manhattan, that may be the place to go; not a lot of stores still come up as having these in stock.

Just tried to price match it with a local Best Buy's store. No lucky. Definitely YMMV.

For my MD CAGs, I was at the Arundel Mills Mall. I tried to price match the Inner Harbor's $27 price someone posted. The representative said he couldn't adjust because the price is specific to that location for their reasons (also known as a clearance in some circles... :) ). Anyways, it's their policy not to price match clearances regardless of store according to website anyhow. I just returned one of the bundles I picked up yesterday, so there's still a $40 at the mall if anybody wants it, whenever they decide to put it back on the shelf that is. The stores are like 20 minutes apart, but I can't justify driving into the city and finding parking even if $27 is a steal. Some less lazy CAG go do it.

[quote name='amvdler57']Wow, clearly this is a serious YMMV case.... Sorry for the bad experiences!

I just wanted to mention a couple of successes on this, which I think warrants my first CAG post:

I found the last LBP bundle at the Best Buy in Manhattan, NY near Houston st. on Broadway, clearly priced ~$47. Brought it up to the counter, saw it ring up as ~$47, and asked "Oh, do you price-match your own stores? This was in a Best Buy on Long Island for $24.99."

They asked if I had proof of the deal, I waffled, they asked if it was online, I said it was in the Bayshore store (per arsenal789's post). They called there, confirmed the price, got a manager over, and kicked mine down to $27.20 with tax.

A friend of mine found a couple more bundles at the 23rd st. Best Buy, and managed exactly the same procedure. Now I have enough controllers to really get You Don't Know Jack going, and it's all down to you CAGers. Thank you! If any of you are still looking in Manhattan, that may be the place to go; not a lot of stores still come up as having these in stock.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow I went there too and brought it to the counter earlier this week and I told them I didn't want it when it rang up at 47

They only have the little big planet one in the 3 best buys i have visited in NYC. I did manage to get MK9 for 25 though :D I priced match Toysrus and then used 15 dollar reward points.

$47.99 in Mission Valley in San Diego. Quite a bit left, maybe 10 after I passed on it. I only need the ds3 which is $42 on amazon.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Probably my first bad experience in a while... Sorry in advance for long read [/QUOTE]

Definitely report this douchebag to corporate.

Also can you go back in the store and take a picture of him to post here? :D

[quote name='chinitoX']MD Cags: FYI. I picked up one from the Shady Grove, Gaithersburg store earlier the other day for $37.99. I stopped by later at the Georgia Ave, Silver Spring store and they had bundles for $23.99 located on a high shelf on the wall around the game section. There were 6 or 7 left when i left there at 6pm.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. I just picked one up earlier. They are on the shelf marked for $23.99 and ring up a total of $25.43. There were about 5 after I got mine. I also checked the best buy in Columbia Heights,DC but it was $47.99

bread's done
Back