PS3 controller + Game bundle $35 @ BB B&M YMMV

KlaytonAmory

CAGiversary!
Was just at Best Buy and saw the PS3 Controller + Little Big Planet GotY edition bundle on clearance for $35. Figured that is a hell of a deal and I'd pass it on.

They didn't have the Rachet and Clank one or GoW one...so don't know if those will be too.

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's a weird case: I went to the Best Buy up here in Oro Valley, AZ and they had both the LBP and Ratchet and Clank bundles on clearance for $41.99 and $44.99 respectively. I took both up to customer service asking how much they were and the LBP rang up as $46.99 and the Ratchet and Clank rang up as $35.99. I think the clerk was giving me the wrong info but either way I passed on both. I'd rather just wait for a good deal on the red controller.

[quote name='SnowMeow']Union square store in manhattan (NY) has the LBP bundle for the full $59.99. Tough luck for us![/QUOTE]

When I called up the Westbury LI store, I was told that I should call the Bayshore store and have them OMS the controller. What she basically explained to me is that by doing so, Bayshore will sell the bundle at their pricepoint of 24.99, but you will pick it up at your location. That's the brief explanation she gave me. I don't know if any of you want to try this.

here's the first good thing best buy has done for me in a long time

i walked in to find a ton of these LBP controller bundles, they were marked 47.99. i spoke with a rep on the floor and i mentioned that other stores had it closer to $35. he offered to look it up for me to price match another location...i had no idea they could do this. he searched the surrounding area, and about 20 miles away, a location was selling them for 25.99. i asked if i could grab 2, he okayed it...and then walked me to the front. so living in de, i walked out spending right over $51 (no tax) on 2 LBP controller bundles. the best part is, as we were walking to the front, he told me that he couldn't get rid of these bundles, even after the 47.99 clearance there...haha.

I just got back from the BBY in Margate, Florida (Store 1424) and they still had about 15 of the LittleBigPlanet bundles left. They're going for $47.99.

[quote name='aznhero913']Does this price apply to the GoW bundle?

Anyone have any luck getting that one for $25-$35?[/QUOTE]

The only BB near me that had any of the 3 bundles had the GoW one and it rang up as $59.99 :(

Picked up two bundles for $37 ea. and went around the corner to trade the LBPs to GS for $16.xx ea. after promo and PUR bonus. Two controllers for $21 ea. = win.

This was in Topsham, ME and there is one left. Really hoping those GOW bundles drop.

I was at the Best Buy in Fairlawn, OH today and they had 2 bundles left. I bought one of them @ $23.99. I thought about buying both to flip one, but money is a little tight until payday.

I was really just looking to get a new PS3 controller, and the game is a nice bonus.

Picked up a couple bundles for 23.99 each at the Algonquin, IL BB off Randall Rd. Store had labels up for 47.99 and for 23.99. At least 10 bundles left in the back wall game section near the game systems. Get their quick if you want these at the 23.99 price.

(Don't feel like sifting through this topic)

Has anyone had any luck at any Best Buys in Frederick, Hagerstown, or Germantown, MD?

Best Buy near South Coast Plaza in Orange County had a bunch of the Little Big Planet GOTY bundles for $23.99.

I bought 12.

Proceeded to flip for credit at local GS locations.

$13.20 for LBPGOTY with PUR
$24.39 for DS3 with +50% accessory + PUR

$37.59 credit for $26

[quote name='Killdozer']Best Buy near South Coast Plaza in Orange County had a bunch of the Little Big Planet GOTY bundles for $23.99.

I bought 12.

Proceeded to flip for credit at local GS locations.

$13.20 for LBPGOTY with PUR
$24.39 for DS3 with +50% accessory + PUR

$37.59 credit for $26[/QUOTE]
Congratulations?

I checked my local one, and the LBP bundles were $41.99.

Anyone have an idea how we could get these stores to price match?

It all depends. If you live in a town with dumb hicks you can probably get them to price match anything you like. But, if you live in NY, it is much more difficult.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I checked my local one, and the LBP bundles were $41.99.

Anyone have an idea how we could get these stores to price match?[/QUOTE]
I just went to a nearby BB and they only had LBP+DS Controllers for the same price. Is this a good deal or should I pass?

Saw the LBP bundle at my local best buy for 47.99 last week and 41.99 this week. Time to watch the slow crawl to $30 or less. :)

Is there anyway I can check if a BB near.me has these in stock without having to go in person? Just got a ps3 thanx to the $100 PUR GS coupon and wouldnt mind a game and controller for $35.

[quote name='dapunisure']Is there anyway I can check if a BB near.me has these in stock without having to go in person? Just got a ps3 thanx to the $100 PUR GS coupon and wouldnt mind a game and controller for $35.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel. Or, at least, if I can get one of these deals for $30 or less, I'll probably go ahead and pick up a PS3 with my coupon.

The second Best Buy I went to had dozens of them on the shelf, but were listed at $47.99.

I asked about them, and the price check came up at $23.99. I bought 8 (in two transactions an hour or two apart... they generally don't let you buy any more than 3 of the same item without manager approval). I may be back for more in a day or two.

With the 50% extra accessories credit... a trade-in of the bundle to Gamestop with PUR was worth $37.59. Both stores I went to commented on how "brand new" the controller looked ;)

I can't quite understand why people are flipping the game and controller to Gamestop of all places? You're only making a ~$10 profit which is then only usable at Gamestop. You would be better off selling it on amazon or ebay and getting the equivalent (maybe more) in cash, which is always better than in-store credit.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I can't quite understand why people are flipping the game and controller to Gamestop of all places? You're only making a ~$10 profit which is then only usable at Gamestop. You would be better off selling it on amazon or ebay and getting the equivalent (maybe more) in cash, which is always better than in-store credit.[/QUOTE]

Amazon gives $22.50 credit for a Dual shock 3. Recent completed listings on Ebay show most controllers in the $20 - $25 range... not to mention the eBay fees charged.

Over $25 from Gamestop as a PUR member is the best option. Plus that means over 500 PUR points as well. I'm mostly doing it because I'm going to use the credit towards the PS3 with my $100 off coupon which I was going to buy anyway.

In MD -- Rockville Pike has tons of LBP but they are priced at $41.99 each. Nothing at GA Ave. or Arundle Mills. I really want the GOW Red

Well, I'll spill the beans because I think I'm done after purchasing 11 of them.

The Concord Pike Best Buy in Wilmington, DE has them at $23.99. They were priced at $41.99 when I first asked about them two days ago. They had dozens, probably almost 50, but they rang up as $23.99. Today I made another trip, and the price on the shelf is $23.99 as well, but they still have many... I'd say a couple dozen or so. Get 'em while you can!

Just got home from the West Los Angeles BB on Pico. They had 2 left after I bought mine.

Only 2 locations in the Los Angeles area still have them in stock... And those two are Valencia, and West Los Angeles.

West Los Angeles has 2 left.

Not sure about Valencia.

[quote name='rvdnsx']Picked up a couple bundles for 23.99 each at the Algonquin, IL BB off Randall Rd. Store had labels up for 47.99 and for 23.99. At least 10 bundles left in the back wall game section near the game systems. Get their quick if you want these at the 23.99 price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks fellow Chicago area CAG! I just picked up 1 for this price. There were a few more left still.

Found another big cache of these, but they were still at the $41.99 price. :( If any CAG's were still interested, I can pick some up for about $50 shipped, but that's a little too rich for my blood, personally. I'll hope for a drop to the $20-30 price range.

[quote name='Plantguy7']Are the game and controller individually sealed?[/QUOTE]

They are both individually sealed in their regular retail packaging, however LBP is marked with NOT FOR RESALE instead of a UPC, and the controller has a big white sticker over the UPC which may be removable.

bread's done
Back