PS3 DC Universe Online CE OOS @ Amazon (Lowest To-Date $38.14)

Muthafodder

Banned
DC Universe Online PS3 Collector's Edition Amazon

Currently OOS

Lowest To-Date $38.14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA3kZMNR7lE

DC Universe (TM) Online Collector’s Edition for the PS3 offers the collector, the fan and the avid gamer the ultimate DCUO collection. Included is a DCUO limited edition Batman figure from DC DIRECT, based on Executive Creative Director and legendary comic book artist Jim Lee’s concept art for the game; The Joker's Flying Jester in-game Weapon System for Villians; Bat Drone in-game Weapon System for Heroes; a DCUO prestige comic of the game’s back-story as written by Geoff Johns; The Art of DC Universe (TM) Online art book showcasing the stunning art from Jim Lee and the team at DC Comic's Wildstorm Productions; The brand new DC Universe (TM) Online comic book, Legends Issue#0, with an original cover by Jim Lee. DC Universe Online brings high-energy action to the forefront with a combat system designed to deliver a fast-paced action experience with the extraordinary powers of DC Super Heroes and Villains at your disposal. DCUO offers a dramatic Online setting where players battle with or against their favorite DC Super Heroes and Villains including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker. For the very first time, players and fans will be able to enter this fabled world as an active force for good or evil. The action and drama will play out in such well-known locations such as Gotham City and Metropolis.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HanawayCoca']CAUTION:

This game requires a mandatory 16+ GB Installation requirement.

- 11.4 GB for the 1st install
- 3.6 GB for the 2nd install
- about 2 GB for the 3rd install

Plus, there are now quite a few more patches that need to be downloaded including a hefty 3 GB patch update bumping this up to about 18 - 19 GB once all is said and done.

This can take anywhere between 5 - 6 hours to complete if not more.

:::edit:::

And to answer the post above, yes still $15 monthly fee.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for this info. I really wanted to get this (even just for the Batman statue) but was also interested in the game itself after seeing the Giant Bomb quick-look. Now this HDD requirement puts a damper on it given I have 8GB left on my 80GB HDD.

[quote name='bassec']And it's homosexual how?[/QUOTE]

Because it spends all its time on the shelf spooning with same-sex boxes.

I have no idea actually, anyone that says anything is "gay" as a random insult is pretty...well, lets just say we hope they grow up

This is still $20 too much for my liking, especially considering the huge downloads/installs for it and the monthly fee bs.

I'd probably only try this out long enough to make an El Hoardo character, play it for the free first month and then promptly cancel.

Dropping again...$47.95.

Let's track the lowest price to date in the OP.

Can't believe these haven't hit clearance prices yet...

[quote name='Jon7']It's not really a rumor, they already announced that they're merging all the servers into two servers (one for US, one for EU) for each of the PS3 and PC versions. So four servers total between both platforms and regions.

Take that as you will as a sign of the game dying or not.[/QUOTE]

They have been dubbed super servers and meant to be able to handle the current workload only using less hardware to do it which makes sense considering MMO games have been around long enough most everyone who runs one has a good idea of how to do so much more efficently than in the past. They are just shrinking the hardware to run it, not because the player base is shrinking.

[quote name='abhinav']Rumors have it that this game is going to receive a major overhaul soon, what exactly I don't know but things are looking rather grim for the DCUO[/QUOTE]

Overhaul is probablly going to be mostly just backstory and costumes since DC is rebooting their entire line since the judge ruled against DC and their use of certain superman origins facts. So instead of dc paying out the original supermans creators family they just are resetting everything considering superman has been in everything. Thats why every issue goes back to number 1 starting this week. DC didnt own superman during his action comics 1 introduction but they have been using it ever since anyway and they got sued over it in court and lost.

It's down to $36.26 now. Another $10-15 or so and I may have to bite on this, if only for the bust and to create El Hoardo on the DCU servers for a month(cuz I ain't paying $15 a month to play this shit otherwise:roll:.:lol:

Well this stinks, looks like someone bought their stock or they returned them :cry:

No longer available through Amazon...should have picked one up...dammit.

bread's done
Back