PS3 deal offered to me

mer71

CAGiversary!
Feedback
280 (100%)
Someone has offered me a PS3 (60G), Madden 07, Motorstorm and Def Jam Icon for $400 cash. Now what to do?

[quote name='mer71']Someone has offered me a PS3 (60G), Madden 07, Motorstorm and Def Jam Icon for $400 cash. Now what to do?[/quote]

Those games are crap - you should ask him what he wants for just the console alone (though he will probably ask more for it without the games, because I think he is actually lowering the price because those games are so lame).

[quote name='karkyco']Those games are crap - you should ask him what he wants for just the console alone (though he will probably ask more for it without the games, because I think he is actually lowering the price because those games are so lame).[/QUOTE]
Motorstorm is great. The others are crap though. He can always get a few buck for ebaying them or something.

You can trade 2 games for one if you wanted still thats a great deal. If you want a ps 3 its not going to get cheaper than that

I just got done having dinner with my family. And my wife even agreed to it. I have to give him a answer on Friday. Right now I am leaning towrds buying it. Good point about the trade 2 for 1 deal.

[quote name='whoknows']Motorstorm is great. The others are crap though. He can always get a few buck for ebaying them or something.[/quote]

One player offline = INSTANT FAIL.

No weapons/explosions/ramming cars off cliffs and into walls = INSTANT FAIL.

Yeah, the graphics are beautiful, but beyond that it's like every other plain vanilla racing game. It's the PS3 almost launch title that's like Smuggler's Run was for the PS2 (rugged racing launch title), except that Smuggler's Run was actually much more enjoyable, because you can free roam quite a bit and hit random wild animals, along with running from the cops and smashing up cars and whatnot.

Motorstorm is just another boring ass racing game. But then again, I've only played about 4 levels and it's the same stupid boring "race around an enclosed dirt track" type nonsense. When exactly is it supposed to get "great"?

[quote name='whoknows']You just got -10000 cool points for using a mencia "joke." ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah...wonder who he stole THAT "joke" from.....

You could always trade in the games you don't want (as others have mentioned)

Gamecrazy has a deal going on until 7/1/07, that nets you 50% more in credit if you trade in 2 PS3/Wii/DS/360 games. Towards something new of course.

EB also has the trade 2 for 1 deal. YMMV at both places for trading in sports games.

How old is the PS3? Does it come with the receipt? (Which is needed for Sony to honor the 1-Year warranty)

[quote name='karkyco']Those games are crap - you should ask him what he wants for just the console alone (though he will probably ask more for it without the games, because I think he is actually lowering the price because those games are so lame).[/quote]
Don't be an idiot, he is getting the PS3 for $200.00 under retail, and getting a couple decent games with it as well.

So yes, buy it! It's a terrific deal.

[quote name='monkeydeew']mencia sucks but everyone steals jokes[/QUOTE]

But that's just it... Mencia is the one who sucks.

And yeah, buy it.

[quote name='karkyco']Those games are crap - you should ask him what he wants for just the console alone (though he will probably ask more for it without the games, because I think he is actually lowering the price because those games are so lame).[/QUOTE]

game quality aside-- when you're already getting what would be a great deal for the system alone, you sell the extra crap to make it even cheaper. he could potentially have a 60gb PS3 for around $320 if he sold the games.

OP: Go for it! Even if you aren't totally into the system right now, that's a great price to have it for when the system really takes off.

My magic point for the PS3 is $300. But that is years away from now. So the $400 plus games could become close to the $300 point. The console was bought in February and has boxes and receipts.

It sounds like a scam to me.

I see this all the time.. sell the console + games for cheap.. then when you realize it was laced with the ebola virus, he charges you 1,000 for the antidote.

Happens all the time.. Look it up :p

[quote name='BattleChicken']It sounds like a scam to me.

I see this all the time.. sell the console + games for cheap.. then when you realize it was laced with the ebola virus, he charges you 1,000 for the antidote.

Happens all the time.. Look it up :p[/quote]

Yeah, ebola is my biggest fear in this deal.

bread's done
Back