PS3 deals

[quote name='Zip_Zap_Rap']Can anyone tell me what the current best deal is for a ps3. Ideally an 80gig.

I don't have games to trade so it will have to be a cash for console deal.

Thanks[/quote]

This is a really bad time to jump onto PS3 IMHO. 80 gigs are discontinued so you won't find any deals for it. The best you could have gotten was Trade 8 Get $200 off at EB last month. Still YMMV deal as some EB might not have 80 gig bundle any longer.

The good news is hopefull there will be new bundle with DS3 coming soon. Very likely it's going to be with MGS4 in June.

As mentioned, the 80 isn't being made anymore until the MGS4 bundle arrives. You won't get any extra deals for the 80, and the best you'll do with the 40 is a game and movie with the console.

My friend bought an 80 gig Motorstorm bundle last weekend, he had to call around and found it at an EB around Oakville. They only had 1-2 left, but it's not impossible to find one if you really need it now. Like I told him, I would hold out and see how much the MGS4 bundle is, it comes with a game and DS3, so it may cost more than 80gigs do right now.

Get the MGS4 bundle when it's released, trade it into EB and get close to msrp for the game back; best I can come up right now.

[quote name='poiuiu']Get the MGS4 bundle when it's released, trade it into EB and get close to msrp for the game back; best I can come up right now.[/quote]

why would you trade MGS 4 %??!

Because it'll be, at most, a 20 hour game which you can complete in 4 days tops and you'll be able to get almost if not full MSRP trade-in from EB or something.

In addition, the game WILL drop to 20 bucks if not have a Substance/Subsistence edition down the line which is the TRUE version to own.

Or in the end, you're just not a MGS fan, like me, and only want a PS3 for BC.

Don't ask such silly question, dude. :p

[quote name='poiuiu']Because it'll be, at most, a 20 hour game which you can complete in 4 days tops and you'll be able to get almost if not full MSRP trade-in from EB or something.

In addition, the game WILL drop to 20 bucks if not have a Substance/Subsistence edition down the line which is the TRUE version to own.

Or in the end, you're just not a MGS fan, like me, and only want a PS3 for BC.

Don't ask such silly question, dude. :p[/quote]

Shut up. Just Shut the hell up.

[quote name='DAWG26']Shut up. Just Shut the hell up.[/quote]
Wow alot of ''easy to be offended'' people on this forum lately

[quote name='Jest']Any deals around on a 20 gig? My buddy wants a PS3 and wants it ASAP and doesn't have much cash.[/quote]

craigslist
stores will not have 20's anymore

[quote name='Jest']Any deals around on a 20 gig? My buddy wants a PS3 and wants it ASAP and doesn't have much cash.[/quote]

If you're lucky you'll find a 20gig in a store that doesn't list stock online, or on the return table of a BB/FS. About 4 months ago I saw one at a Toys R Us, and then a few days later at a BB return table. However, the price at both places was not what I would call a "deal".

At least one reviewer has stated MGS4 took him 29+ hours to finish. Most people play games a little more thoroughly than a reviewer... Then there is MGO, though reviews for MGO have been a mixed bag.
~S

[quote name='GuardianFlash']MGS4 -_- . Did you guys checked out the HD gameplay video for Gears Of War 2 over at www.gametrailers.com.[/quote]

I think a lot of people are interested in mgs4 for more than its visuals.

The best deal was the trade 8 games and get $200 off towards a brand new 40GB PS3 at EBG. I went to BBV to buy some of the $7.99 PS2 titles and traded it to EBG. My 40GB PS3 only cost me $270.59! :cool:

The promo is now over, but if some stores still have posters advertising it they should be able to honour it.

YMMV.

bread's done
Back