PS3 delayed till 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='neudog']Sony has fallen victim to what they accused Microsoft of doing this Gen and that is building up the hype around a powerful system with a weak library. What is Sony doing? The only thing good that comes out of the delay is for all the gamers who want all the systems they have time to save and get one on launch.[/QUOTE]
Going by the current logic that the PS3 will launch in late 2006, that means there is a year between then and now. Tell me, if we go back to January 2005, how many games did you know were confirmed for the Xbox 360?

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']

Do you seriously believe that ANYONE in the retail realm (and certainly not that low on the ladder) is privy to this type of information?!

:bs:[/QUOTE]

I can't believe it took that many posts for somebody to point that out. That article is the biggest load of crap I've ever read.

[quote name='TimPV3']Tell me, if we go back to January 2005, how many games did you know were confirmed for the Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

I don't care what games are confirmed, as a matter of fact I don't care about the hoopla surrounding any launch period. If a system has a game I want I buy it. I could care less if Genghis Khahn's seamen is cooling the PS3 cell processors or a little gerbil, resembling gates, is spinning in his wheel to run the 360. If you support only one sytem that it is your choice, but I believe as a diehard gamer you limit yourself. All the consoles have something great to offer that the other can't bring. Prime example RE4, NGC version rocks PS2 version blows. I will be getting all the systems, 360 for free, and I will enjoy them all for their specific reasons.

Has anyone checked to see what that guy with the goatee who works at Best Buy thinks about the 2007 PS3 launch? I heard he disagrees with that long-haired hot cashier chick who at Target.

[quote name='neudog']If this is true it is the best news ever. I'm not a diehard fanboy of any of the systems I own them all. This should give Sony a reality check, they costantly bash Microsoft and now they'll pay. Granted the PS3 visuals, prerendered most likely, look great Sony has fallen victim to what they accused Microsoft of doing this Gen and that is building up the hype around a powerful system with a weak library. What is Sony doing? The only thing good that comes out of the delay is for all the gamers who want all the systems they have time to save and get one on launch.[/QUOTE]

oh ok.. since you claim to own all systems, its ok for you to make fanboyish statements.

[quote name='neudog']I don't care what games are confirmed, as a matter of fact I don't care about the hoopla surrounding any launch period. If a system has a game I want I buy it. I could care less if Genghis Khahn's seamen is cooling the PS3 cell processors or a little gerbil, resembling gates, is spinning in his wheel to run the 360. If you support only one sytem that it is your choice, but I believe as a diehard gamer you limit yourself. All the consoles have something great to offer that the other can't bring. Prime example RE4, NGC version rocks PS2 version blows. I will be getting all the systems, 360 for free, and I will enjoy them all for their specific reasons.[/QUOTE]

umm.. i think he said that because it is unfair to compare 360's launch title list to PS3's launch title list and call PS3's library "weak". You didn't even give PS3 a chance. I don't think any console had a "strong launch" line-up announced a year before the system was released.

[quote name='dpatel'] You didn't even give PS3 a chance. I don't think any console had a "strong launch" line-up announced a year before the system was released.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you didn't read my response but I am a fan of all consoles. I give all them a chance I just find it comical that if there is a hint of truth to a 2007 launch Sony shot themselves in the foot. The only reason most consumers stick to one console is their a fanboy/girl, they can only afford one, or mommy and daddy can only afford one. I look forward to all consoles and I look forward to Killzone 2, Saint's Row, Gears of War and the new Revolution Controller.

[quote name='neudog']Maybe you didn't read my response but I am a fan of all consoles. I give all them a chance I just find it comical that if there is a hint of truth to a 2007 launch Sony shot themselves in the foot. The only reason most consumers stick to one console is their a fanboy/girl, they can only afford one, or mommy and daddy can only afford one. I look forward to all consoles and I look forward to Killzone 2, Saint's Row, Gears of War and the new Revolution Controller.[/QUOTE]

ok.. but you still called PS3's launch "weak" when the system isn't even due out for at least a year.

This chick that kept hitting on me at the Best Buy checkout told me that there will be a new version of PS2 out NEXT WEEK! She was definitely informed and telling the truth!

OMG! Must buy teh Sony stock now! Retail people are first on Sony's list to be informed of any news, and they also get inside secrets!

I am calling it right now. PS3 will be out next year. There is no way in hell Sony will give Microsoft a 2 holiday season head start. They know M$ is a bigger threat this time. They will launch even if they have to cut out features and reduce specs of the machine. I am going to look this thread up in a year and rebump it and say "I told you so" to those of you dumb enough to believe this rumor.

[quote name='terborx']I can't believe it took that many posts for somebody to point that out (rumor originated from a Gamestop employee). That article is the biggest load of crap I've ever read.[/QUOTE]

Bravo. We all know that Gamestop employees never talk out of their assholes, and would never lie to a customer to get them to buy anything.

In fact, I heard almost this exact same rumor spew from a Gamestop clerk's mouth 3 weeks ago. He told a guy that the PS3 was pushed back to 2007 and he'd better reserve his 360 now so that he'd have games to play beucase Sony was going to discontinue support for the PS2 next year.

[quote name='Quackzilla']This chick that kept hitting on me at the Best Buy checkout told me that there will be a new version of PS2 out NEXT WEEK! She was definitely informed and telling the truth!

OMG! Must buy teh Sony stock now! Retail people are first on Sony's list to be informed of any news, and they also get inside secrets![/QUOTE]

Like we didn't already know you were lying. You didn't need to lay it on that thick.

[quote name='camoor']Has anyone checked to see what that guy with the goatee who works at Best Buy thinks about the 2007 PS3 launch? I heard he disagrees with that long-haired hot cashier chick who at Target.[/QUOTE]
HAHAHA

[quote name='dpatel']umm.. i think he said that because it is unfair to compare 360's launch title list to PS3's launch title list and call PS3's library "weak". You didn't even give PS3 a chance. I don't think any console had a "strong launch" line-up announced a year before the system was released.[/QUOTE]

ummm... Nintendo said at e3 that they will have Mario, Metroid, SSB, Zelda and other franchises, plus an all new franchise all at launch or shortly thereafter. Plus, even though I don't think that they specified whether or not it would be a launch title, there are companies like SquareEnix, who was already working on a FF title at that point. Are you saying that Revolution will hit before e3 in May?!?

[quote name='Kayden']Like we didn't already know you were lying. You didn't need to lay it on that thick.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
So true.

[quote name='MorPhiend']ummm... Nintendo said at e3 that they will have Mario, Metroid, SSB, Zelda and other franchises, plus an all new franchise all at launch or shortly thereafter. Plus, even though I don't think that they specified whether or not it would be a launch title, there are companies like SquareEnix, who was already working on a FF title at that point. Are you saying that Revolution will hit before e3 in May?!?[/QUOTE]

way to miss the point of my post :roll:

I responded to the poster who said PS3's launch will be weak. This was based on current information which is still at least a year before the launch. I was merely saying that you can't expect most consoles to have a "strong" launch announced a year in advance. PS3's launch games WILL change during this net year.

If Nintendo said that, that is good for them. By the way, do you have a link for that? I'm not doubting you, but I just remember hearing that although they did have those planned, only SSB was confirmed for launch while they were pushing for a launch mario title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back