PS3 Demo Unit Soon?

deadite76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well I went in to CC yesterday and the guy at the register said something interesting. He was telling me that this Saturday July 15th, that they would be recieving the PS3 store unit. He was really excited about it and was telling me how he got to set it up and stuff. and that it should be ready by noon.

July 15th?!
That seems a little early to me.
humm...
What games can Sony possibly showcase right now that is playable?!?!
Guess we'll have to wait and see.

[quote name='wbc1228']July 15th?!
That seems a little early to me.
humm...
What games can Sony possibly showcase right now that is playable?!?!
Guess we'll have to wait and see.[/QUOTE]

Genji 2...

*insert joke about flipping ps3 units over, massive damage etc. etc. here*

I find this very hard to believe when there has been no public demonstrations of games running on final hardware. There is still Tokyo Game Show coming up in September, isn't there? I'd expect that to be the first reall hands on access for the public to production units.

That guy is an idiot. No one is getting PS3 this month, or next month. Trust me, Sony does not have much more than what was shown at E3, which was SERVER racks to host the massive hardware, not even close to being in the final shell.

I can say that this is just bull...this guy must've gotten his info messed up.I know for one that several ps2 kiosks have been recalled at various CC stores. I had to take ours down because of some safety issue but that when the stores recieve the replacement parts that the kiosks are goin back out onto the floors. So...no , not yet will we be seeing a ps3 demo yet.

[quote name='deadite76']Well I went in to CC yesterday and the guy at the register said something interesting. He was telling me that this Saturday July 15th, that they would be recieving the PS3 store unit. He was really excited about it and was telling me how he got to set it up and stuff. and that it should be ready by noon.[/quote]
please lemme know if you get one in

the unit is only 4 months from going on sale.
its safe to say all units will be final and packaged by at least 1 month to that date.

4 months out from release is not such a big deal.

I would actually be expecting them to be on display at all retail chains VERY soon.

Unless they announce a 2-3 month delay on the ps3 release date (maybe with a 50 dollar reduction in price as well. or only selling premiums for 499 instead of 599)

[quote name='Electrox3d']That guy is an idiot. No one is getting PS3 this month, or next month. Trust me, Sony does not have much more than what was shown at E3, which was SERVER racks to host the massive hardware, not even close to being in the final shell.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with the qouted post above and to the OP=This is the BIGGEST BULLSHITE POST ....EVER

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Homeboy at CC is full of bullshit[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought when he told me. I know there are a few employees from BB and CC who post here at CAG frequently,so I posted here to see if anyone else had heard anything similar. Gonna call CC around noon anyway out of curiosity. Will let you know the verdict.

Ha, that CC guy is gonna be having wet dreams for a few more months--there is no freaking way that ANY store is getting demo units in July and probably not even in August.

Well, after being on hold for about ten minutes I finally talked to someone at Circuit City. He said he had heard that a unit was supposed to arrive soon, but now they're not sure when they'll get one in. In other words they know just about as much as we do.

I call shenanigans. Sony will be busting their butt right up through november to make these things. I doubt that a fully operational retail size and spec PS3 even exists right now.

[quote name='Daddy']Totally agree with the qouted post above and to the OP=This is the BIGGEST BULLSHITE POST ....EVER[/quote]

Your the king of bullshit posters.

[quote name='deadite76']He was really excited about it and was telling me how he got to set it up and stuff. and that it should be ready by noon.[/QUOTE]I don't get it, he says it was already set up? What kind of conversation was this? Hey I set up a PS3 in the back come here July 15th so they can tell you we haven't got it in yet?

Honestly, why would Sony start sending out demo units now? Summer's slow for videogames anyway until the Madden launch.

Although if we can play RIDGE RACER! until November, who's to complain?

Are you sure he didn't mean next July? :lol:

[quote name='deadite76']Well I went in to CC yesterday and the guy at the register said something interesting. He was telling me that this Saturday July 15th, that they would be recieving the PS3 store unit. He was really excited about it and was telling me how he got to set it up and stuff. and that it should be ready by noon.[/quote]

[quote name='TimPV3']I don't get it, he says it was already set up? What kind of conversation was this? Hey I set up a PS3 in the back come here July 15th so they can tell you we haven't got it in yet?[/QUOTE]
I think he means he is the one who gets to set it up?

If you believed that bullshit I have some swampland to sell you.

How fucking dumb does someone have to be to belive that? i will be amazed if they have the unites out before October, if at all. After all Sony might think they are better than having demo units.

[quote name='epobirs']I find this very hard to believe when there has been no public demonstrations of games running on final hardware. There is still Tokyo Game Show coming up in September, isn't there? I'd expect that to be the first reall hands on access for the public to production units.[/quote]

Ditto. I think oct maybe sept is more likely for demo-station at B&M stores.

bread's done
Back