PS3 Died - Any Advice?

Paco and Iamthecheapestgamer, please take your flame war elsewhere. This thread is for advice/stories ondead/dying PS3s and how tofix them or have them fixed.

On a different note, I am happy to report that i received my PS3 back from Sony last week and it is working fine. So, i am happy about having it fixed, but still unhappy about how long it took and how much it cost.

[quote name='Paco']Ahem. So the fact that I've never met anyone on live that could form a coherent thought is just mere coincidence? [/QUOTE]

I've found the game being played makes a far bigger difference than anything else. I played Halo 3 with my boyfriend briefly, it was a swearing-filled pain-in-the-ass experience (especially for a very inexperienced player like me.)

I switched to Beautiful Katamari after that- the first person I ran into was a very nice fellow who offered me tips on picking up some trophies I didn't yet have in the main game while helping me earn the online ones.

Anyway- I'm glad the OP's system is back up and running... I've been seriously thinking about getting an external for the inevitable HD upgrade, and to backup my stuff just in case of something like this. (I don't have much invested outside of LBP right now, so I'm not too concerned just yet...)

[quote name='ian1418']Paco and Iamthecheapestgamer, please take your flame war elsewhere. This thread is for advice/stories ondead/dying PS3s and how tofix them or have them fixed.[/QUOTE]

I apologize completely for sidetracking this thread. However, I just get irked by people who think that they're better than someone else and feel the need to 'brand' the people they're insulting. They should take a look in a mirror sometime and get off their friggin' high horse.

Again, I apologize for taking this thread off in a direction that it needn't have gone and I am glad to hear that you finally got your PS3 back from Sony and it's been repaired properly.

I had to send mine out to Sony too, so I know what you're going through, though luckily mine was just barely still under warranty.

[quote name='ian1418']Hopefully, they will fix yours the first time. What was wrong with it?[/QUOTE]

Mine wasn't reading discs that well, so I shipped it out at the end of April or start of May. It took maybe 2 weeks total & they gave me a 3 month warranty with service. It's covered till August or so, I believe.

bread's done
Back