PS3 Downloadable Transfer Question

aptanor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
I may be switching to a new PS3, and I'm wondering if there's any way to salvage the downloadable PSN games I bought. Are they linked to my PSN account or are they they're linked to the console itself? And how would I go about salvaging them if possible?

You can download games up to five times I believe. So when you get your new PS3 sign up to your old account and you should be good to go.

[quote name='aptanor']I may be switching to a new PS3, and I'm wondering if there's any way to salvage the downloadable PSN games I bought. Are they linked to my PSN account or are they they're linked to the console itself? And how would I go about salvaging them if possible?[/QUOTE]

The games are tied to your account, so you can certainly just re-download them. Since you say that you're replacing your console there's much better option, you can connect one console to the other and just transfer the games and activations between the two consoles, that way you won't need t ore-download anything, will get your save games and preferences and will also not lose one of your five account activations

If you aren't keeping the old PS3 you should probably also go in and deactivate your account on it before you get rid of it. You can only activate your account on 5 PS3s.

Wow. You need to check out the games sharing thread....and I mean that in the best way possible. Ya need to learn how to utilize that feature (at least with some good friends and family at least)

[quote name='shadowkast']Wow. You need to check out the games sharing thread....and I mean that in the best way possible. Ya need to learn how to utilize that feature (at least with some good friends and family at least)[/QUOTE]
I just recently picked it up, so I'm still new to PSN and whatnot.

Also don't have any friends with a PS3 :

[quote name='aptanor']I just recently picked it up, so I'm still new to PSN and whatnot.

Also don't have any friends with a PS3 :

When I transfered mine, I lost out though on Singstar songs and the free PSN games I was able to download like FlOw. Also, I lost a couple of saves which wouldn't allow download.

The rest I was able to re-download via the store under my account.

bread's done
Back