PS3 Downloading Trouble (verrry slooow)

optimusprime

CAGiversary!
I apologize if this is already a thread someplace. I didn't see it, so I figured I'd just post.

Anyhow, I am connected to the PSN, and have downloaded a few demos, but they take a ridiculously long time to download. Gran Turismo HD 1.2 took, no joke, 4 hours +. I have heard other people say it takes them less than 20 minutes. I can't believe that there is that much of a difference from location/traffic. Is it possible that I need to change a setting someplace? If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

For reference: I have a high speed cable connection, and I'm using wifi on the PS3 to connect to a wireless router in the same room (for my PC). The actual cable connection is a few rooms over, so a hard connection isn't possible. Thanks again, in advance, for any help.

I think it's hit or miss honestly. I used to have HORRIBLE download times, and I'm wired in direct even. However, sometimes it goes relatively quick.

My speeds are not too bad when using a wired connection but when using a wireless connection it would take me 10 years to download a demo :whistle2:# Don't really want to start messing around with my router settings because my speeds are good with 360 and the Wii so I just move my modem every Thursday and download some stuff.

I get really slow DL speeds on my PS3, too. And it's not my connection since all of my other computers download quickly. I haven't seen anything about ports to open up but I don't think I'd need to just to download.

Until recently I had been able to DL files quickly. However, it took several hours to DL the NG demo the other night and a few more for AC4 (with a wired connection).

i've had no problem downloading anything from the psn store. its been pretty fast. i'm using wireless.

hmmm......looks like its pretty much hit and miss. I'll just have to pick my spots. Its unfortunate, since there are so many demos I want. I think that doing both NGS and AC4 would fry my console (and take about a weekend).

[quote name='optimusprime']hmmm......looks like its pretty much hit and miss. I'll just have to pick my spots. Its unfortunate, since there are so many demos I want. I think that doing both NGS and AC4 would fry my console (and take about a weekend).[/QUOTE]

It seems odd, but I generally get some serious speeds late at night... (CDT), around 1 to 2 AM... I queue up a few demos and hit the hay... by morning they're all done... trying to get one around 6:00 local time is pathetically slow... and it's really not my cable company connection (because the rest of the bandwidth seems unoccupied.) I guess everyone hits the PS store at the same time ;)

I noticed that it didn't matter when I started the Ninja Gaiden demo download... because it seemed to crawl no matter what (probably all the folks getting it at the same time....)

And usually when I experience any slowdown in the transfer, it generally fluctuates enough that it won't take as long as perceived to get the file.....

Best of luck finding your window of opportunity though...

bread's done
Back