PS3 dropping price in E3 08?, Reason i ask is this guy is selling me a ps3, but..

finsfan07

CAG Veteran
Will the PS3 drop price next month at E3? I need to know since some guy is selling me his PS3 (which is as good as new, he didnt use it much) for $285. But i rather not buy it if the PS3 next month drops price by $100, then i could have got a used PS3 for about $199..

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']How could you have gotten a used PS3 for $199?[/quote]
Because if the PS3 drops to $299 retail, i could then find a used one on ebay or from this same guy for around $199.

Currently the PS3 is selling pretty good (both in the US and Japan) compared to previously, especially w/ the release of MGS 4. I would expect they won't do a price drop this summer, like alot of people here 'maybe' this fall. More than a price drop though I would expect some special bundle(s) this fall to entice buyers rather than a straight price drop, perhaps something such as $399 for a 40 Gig + 1 hot game or something as a pack in.

if the rumored price drop for the 360 happens at E3, then its very possible the we may see a price reduction around the holidays (not a $100 price drop, probably a $30 price drop, it won't drop $100 for a while)

[quote name='the_punisher']Trust me, guarenteed not to happen.

If it does, i'll give you something* free.

Yeah, i lied. You get nothing.
[/quote]

:drool: :lol:

I dunno. I think Sony is taking a more aggressive approach at challenging Microsoft this generation. If we see a price drop at E3 for the 360, I really wouldn't be surprised to see a PS3 price drop not too long after.

Right about it not dropping $100, though. That kind of price drop will never happen.

You got a great deal, though the question of price drops this year is iffy, the holiday season looks promising with giftcard deals. Especially last years low holiday spending, retailers might up the ante this year with better deals

bread's done
Back