PS3 Dual Shock 3 Stores/Importers in Canada

Christonian

CAGiversary!
i know its not out yet but please post fellow CAG when/if you find a store in canada selling Dual Shock 3 for the playstation 3 in canada please post

even american can post here if your reading and know a location in states please post and share

you would think there would be at least one importer in canada but i still havent found them lol

i might just have to order off ebay:twoguns:

[quote name='mad_z']I saw a whole ROW if these things in Pacific Mall Toronto.

Going for about 86$? or so.. .:([/quote]

hey is that true i was thinking about stopping at pacific mall before i go for christmas break which is next week for me lol. its not that bad considering you pay 75-80 for shipped from Ebay

does anybody else know of locations like Pacfic Mall or is that the only place where you can get imports and like burned movies in Toronto

imports yes - there are also other chinese malls to get them... there all in the same general location though, other ones i can think of are dragon centre (midland and sheppard) oriental centre (brimley and sheppard) the oriental centre downtown on spadina you can find dvd's and games...

grab a coupon-code from play-asia, and go nuts. Shipping is cheap but you may get dinged with duty like I did.

[quote name='doctorofstyle']imports yes - there are also other chinese malls to get them... there all in the same general location though, other ones i can think of are dragon centre (midland and sheppard) oriental centre (brimley and sheppard) the oriental centre downtown on spadina you can find dvd's and games...[/quote]

Does that mall on Spadina sell DS3's somewhere? Dragon City I believe its called.

there are 8 off 50 coupons for play asia which make it only $58 shipped to canada. They are hard to find.

This coupon code is for 5 off 50, and is multi-use: RE-XMA-SAA. That will get you a DS3 for $62USD shipped.

I used a 12 of 100 coupon and bought two, with 1-4 day shipping. About $65 per controller.
All USD.

I figure they will be $59.99 when FS/BB get them in, in March. With HST, that will be $70. So I don't feel that bad about paying to import. They only cost $45 in Japan, but I won't be there for while. :)

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']there are 8 off 50 coupons for play asia which make it only $58 shipped to canada. They are hard to find.

This coupon code is for 5 off 50, and is multi-use: RE-XMA-SAA. That will get you a DS3 for $62USD shipped.

I used a 12 of 100 coupon and bought two, with 1-4 day shipping. About $65 per controller.
All USD.

I figure they will be $59.99 when FS/BB get them in, in March. With HST, that will be $70. So I don't feel that bad about paying to import. They only cost $45 in Japan, but I won't be there for while. :)

~S[/quote]

Thanks for that code. I might just use that instead of hunting for the extra 3$ off. I just need to wait to get some money in my bank account for PayPal.

Did you get hit with duty fees?

In the past PA has marked down packages. But I ordered last night at midnight, and emailed them to mark it down about 25 mins later. The controllers shipped at 8 this morning, and I didn't get a reply to my email. So I am crossing my fingers.

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']In the past PA has marked down packages. But I ordered last night at midnight, and emailed them to mark it down about 25 mins later. The controllers shipped at 8 this morning, and I didn't get a reply to my email. So I am crossing my fingers.

~S[/quote]

Ah, so they will mark down the value at request? Thats awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

I finally got a response after from PA. The package had already shipped, so they said they couldn't do anything. The also said that they don't mark down packages. But I know they have in the past. So I am not sure if it is just who you are talking to, or if they have had a change of policy.

I have my fingers doubled X'd that I don't get nailed with duty. It is UPS too, and those bastards have the worst brokerage fee in the business. But they were $10 cheaper than FedEx, for same delivery time.

~S

[quote name='snowsquirrel']The also said that they don't mark down packages. But I know they have in the past. So I am not sure if it is just who you are talking to, or if they have had a change of policy.[/quote]

I don't ask them often, but when I do, they mark it down. But i've been a client there for the last 3 years and I've bought at least 1-2 package per month since then...so it's possible that they did it for me cuz they wan't to keep me as a client.

Anyone in Toronto wanna get one with me? I'm gonna be ordering one, but to get it ASAP, I want to use UPS. It costs 22$ shipping. If someone wants one I can order 2 and then we'll split the final cost down the middle. I have refs and feedback on rfd and heatware.

It'll be something like 70$ for each, after using 10$ off 100$ coupon.

[quote name='method47']Anyone in Toronto wanna get one with me? I'm gonna be ordering one, but to get it ASAP, I want to use UPS. It costs 22$ shipping. If someone wants one I can order 2 and then we'll split the final cost down the middle. I have refs and feedback on rfd and heatware.

It'll be something like 70$ for each, after using 10$ off 100$ coupon.[/QUOTE]

Don't go the UPS way. You'll pay huge duty fees for sure. They charge like 20$ plus the taxes on the item.

[quote name='Celeryface']Videogamesplus.ca is selling them (I believe they ship from Ontario) for $79.99 CDN.

[/QUOTE]

It would just be cheaper to buy from P-A. 59.99$ + 7$ shipping - 5$ coupon = 62$. Even with standard customs fee, 62$ + 13$ duty fee = 75$. And you might get lucky and not have to pay the duty.

no way thats possible cause the mirco plays here in toronto are still selling them for 79.99, i just bought it off P-A for 49.99 cause i had a $10 off 50 or above coupon.

Decided to finally get a ceramic white DS3 from pacific mall in Toronto for $75 total. Figured it was only a bit more expensive instead of ordering it online, just too impatient to wait.

[quote name='Christonian']Bump

anybody find any places in canada yet other then Pacific Mall

Sig electronics have them for 69.99 cash[/QUOTE]

the place i posted is in canada

Isn't the Dual Shock 3 coming out in North America mid-April for reals? Importing is such a hassle. I'll just wait a month. It's not like I have anything to play on my non-BC PS3, anyways. =P

[quote name='CHW']Isn't the Dual Shock 3 coming out in North America mid-April for reals? Importing is such a hassle. I'll just wait a month. It's not like I have anything to play on my non-BC PS3, anyways. =P[/quote]

I had a chat with EB employee just before the long weekend. He told me their system indicates DS3 will be released in April and is marked at $59.99, same as regular SIXAXIS ones. If we see sixaxis going on a sale in major retail stores, that could be a good indication for DS3 release.

At this point, I would say wait till it is released in NA if you are considering getting DS3. You are unlikely to receive it by the official release date, if not only a few days ahead anyway.

The lowest price for import I can think of is $59.99 - $10 (coupon) + $6.90 (shipping) on play-asia. Customs/Tax is YMMV. I didn't pay any when I ordered 2, but my friend had to pay ~$12 for ordering one.

bread's done
Back