PS3 Dualshock 3 WHITE - $54.96 at Walmart

Darkprime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Compared to Playasia, this is a kinda deal. Sony never said anything, but low and behold, official US WHITE DS3 controllers have landed. My local walmart in Dumfries, VA had two of these on the shelf for $54.96. This is cheaper than any store in the US has had imports.

Quite cool. I like the white, it looks pretty nice on that controller. Too bad it is so expensive. You should put YMMV in the title as well, because I have never seen a white PS3 controller in my Great Wal.

[quote name='koji126']Didn't people report seeing these at Walmart a while back?[/QUOTE]

I think there were some scattered reports, but nothing like this (pictures)

This is rather a nice looking controller-- reminds me of PS2 for some reason.

I'll pick this up when the prices drops to around $30

White looks nice. Be willing to buy one at the right price. Nice catch. I guess Walmart must be officially carrying them now...

[quote name='addicted2games']If only they had these when Radio Shack was running the $29.99 deal. I would price match that in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]
Me too, oh well I'm happy with the Silver I pricematched on Walmart on BF:bouncy:

You can buy it from WM, put your old DS in there and return it. I'm not saying you should, but that you could.

[quote name='addicted2games']If only they had these when Radio Shack was running the $29.99 deal. I would price match that in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

I bet some people are thinking they should have held off on opening them. Now I'm pissed I didn't go price match at Wal-mart. I would of bought 2 and only would have opened one. I could have exchanged for this one.

[quote name='Casteor']This is rather a nice looking controller-- reminds me of PS2 for some reason.

I'll pick this up when the prices drops to around $30[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. Black DS3's barely dropped to 30 bucks and that was for black Friday.

I remember in the radioshack BF thread, people saying they were able to exchange the dualshocks they received from radioshack with ones they bought at Wal-mart since they would ring up the same on the receipt. Can anyone else confirm? My controller is still unopened and I would love a white dualshock.

Been looking for dualshock 3 for some time. Best I can find online is $42. I was hoping to find any color at $35.

PS3 deals are hard to find this year!

Ahh, finally I can get a white DS3 locally. It is a bit pricey like everyone has said, maybe when the price goes down a bit or some type of coupon.

Thanks op for the info

[quote name='tightclaws']LOL an extra 5 bucks tacked on the retail price ? No thanks Walley.[/QUOTE]

The picture clearly doesn't read $60.

[quote name='speedrunner17']I bet some people are thinking they should have held off on opening them. Now I'm pissed I didn't go price match at Wal-mart. I would of bought 2 and only would have opened one. I could have exchanged for this one.[/QUOTE]
yeah, I already opened my red and blue ones I pricematched at Walmart. Oh well.

[quote name='TurboPascal']Been looking for dualshock 3 for some time. Best I can find online is $42. I was hoping to find any color at $35.

PS3 deals are hard to find this year![/QUOTE]

I bought one at Target for $39.99 (black one) last week. This may be YMMV since I have not seen it posted elsewhere

[quote name='clarke32']I bought one at Target for $39.99 (black one) last week. This may be YMMV since I have not seen it posted elsewhere[/QUOTE]

My local Target has them for $52

Thanks for the reply

Hmm. Still haven't opened my black one from Black Friday. I'll probably get a white one if I see it in store; thanks OP

not sure if this can be done, but doesn't wallmart take anything back without a receipt? like exchange an unopened black one for the white one and say it was a gift, just thought of this, not sure it would work though.

[quote name='quatrevav35']not sure if this can be done, but doesn't wallmart take anything back without a receipt? like exchange an unopened black one for the white one and say it was a gift, just thought of this, not sure it would work though.[/QUOTE]

One word = scam

And no, they are dicks now if you try to pull this stunt. Been there, done that.

[quote name='oasisboy']MSRP = deal?[/QUOTE]Not sure, but I desperately want one. Love white controllers.

[quote name='asthmatic']The picture clearly doesn't read $60.[/QUOTE]

MSRP is 49.99 on the black, are you suggesting that 54.99 is retail on a colors ? Thats even more lame. I hope you go buy one. Because Clearly a colored color works better, maybe even will get you all those golds.

[quote name='tightclaws']MSRP is 49.99 on the black, are you suggesting that 54.99 is retail on a colors ? Thats even more lame. I hope you go buy one. Because Clearly a colored color works better, maybe even will get you all those golds.[/QUOTE]

SCEA raised the MSRP when they released the Dual Shock 3. $54.99 is the MSRP for the DS3.

Also, SCEA has the ceramic white controller up on their page.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Accessories/SCPH-98055

Some Wallyworlds just broke the street date.

anyone know if there is a way to tell if a controller is from walmart or not? got one as a gift from my mom (along with a ps3 slim, which i wanna keep), but wanted to see if they'll let me exchange it, don't have the receipt nor do i know where it was bought, but I assume walmart, since she doesn't shop elsewhere ;/

[quote name='quatrevav35']anyone know if there is a way to tell if a controller is from walmart or not? got one as a gift from my mom (along with a ps3 slim, which i wanna keep), but wanted to see if they'll let me exchange it, don't have the receipt nor do i know where it was bought, but I assume walmart, since she doesn't shop elsewhere ;/[/QUOTE]

There is no way to tell. Also, Walmart gives you 3 "no receipt" returns a year.

[quote name='quatrevav35']anyone know if there is a way to tell if a controller is from walmart or not? got one as a gift from my mom (along with a ps3 slim, which i wanna keep), but wanted to see if they'll let me exchange it, don't have the receipt nor do i know where it was bought, but I assume walmart, since she doesn't shop elsewhere ;/[/QUOTE]They can certainly tell if the Wal-Mart receipt matches the controller packaging.

Ok, I have an unopened black controller that I got from Radio Shack that I want to exchange for a red one at Wal-Mart. How would I go about doing that? They don't just switch out the controllers without a receipt, do they?

[quote name='Pojo']They can certainly tell if the Wal-Mart receipt matches the controller packaging.

Ok, I have an unopened black controller that I got from Radio Shack that I want to exchange for a red one at Wal-Mart. How would I go about doing that? They don't just switch out the controllers without a receipt, do they?[/QUOTE]

If the UPCs are the same, you could just buy the red one at full price. Go out to the car, grab the black one and return it at Customer service. You could theoretically do that anywhere actually, as long as the UPC is the same, because in the store's eye, its the same product. (Which it is, just a different paint job) However, my hunch is that they are different UPCs

I just realized I said nothing that would help you. Sorry

[quote name='tightclaws']MSRP is 49.99 on the black, are you suggesting that 54.99 is retail on a colors ? Thats even more lame. I hope you go buy one. Because Clearly a colored color works better, maybe even will get you all those golds.[/QUOTE]

i bought two with the radio shack ad on BF. I can confirm that a colored color works better because it got me golds.

anyways, its finally nice to see the white one come out in the US

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh I prefer the blue one i price matched through radioshack for $29.99 :) I still love that deal.. Should have picked up one more.

[quote name='tightclaws']LOL an extra 5 bucks tacked on the retail price ? No thanks Walley.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KillerRamen']SCEA raised the MSRP when they released the Dual Shock 3. $54.99 is the MSRP for the DS3.[/QUOTE]

Uh-oh, never let facts get in the way of snarky Web forum bitching. ;)

Has anyone else seen these in stock anywhere? My local Walmart didn't have any. I'm assuming they're going to hit multiple retailers relatively soon.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Somebody pointed out to me that these white controllers would look nasty coupled with a black console!?[/QUOTE]

yeah...black and white...talk about clashing colors!! :lol: gross!

[quote name='Guy Legend']Has anyone else seen these in stock anywhere? My local Walmart didn't have any. I'm assuming they're going to hit multiple retailers relatively soon.[/QUOTE]

i swear i saw a post like this a year ago, with one guy who had a pic of a white ds3 in a walmart, and nothing ever came of it. i wouldn't take this as a national release yet.

[quote name='BHitmanW20']I found 3 Ceramic White Dualshock 3's at a Walmart on Long Island today. I'll post a pic later.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap! Nasau or Suffolk?

I imported the white dualshock from Japan back in early 2008. It plus the shipping cost less than this, lol. :p

[quote name='freeorelse']White Nah. How about Orange :)[/QUOTE]

I hear those are in the clearance bin this year :p

The Crimson ones though are double price.....the cost of victory. ;_;

Back on topic.....what's so special about white? Amazon has Dualshock3 for as low as $43.99 for Silver, and around $44.99 for Blue or Red.

Spose I just see too many issues with white controllers and consoles, such as dirt and dust showing up more prominently, and grease and oil from hands wearing off of them and potentially staining after extended use...even if you're the cleanest soul in the world, you're bound to see the effect of a stained white controller from extended use.

bread's done
Back