PS3 Dualshock 3 WHITE - $54.96 at Walmart

Darkprime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Compared to Playasia, this is a kinda deal. Sony never said anything, but low and behold, official US WHITE DS3 controllers have landed. My local walmart in Dumfries, VA had two of these on the shelf for $54.96. This is cheaper than any store in the US has had imports.

[quote name='freeorelse']White Nah. How about Orange :)[/QUOTE]

I'd easily pay $75 for an orange one. Or pink. Or yellow. Or lime green. I don't know, just give me something vibrant. I'm tired of dull colors.

Anyway, I've been seeing white DS3s at Gamestop for a while now. At least a month. $54.99 is just too much though.

Walmart in waldorf md has one left. I thought about exchanging my unopen silver, but noticed the the different colors have differnt UPCs. How to exchange without paying the extra monies...?

[quote name='the4thnobleman']I hear those are in the clearance bin this year :p

The Crimson ones though are double price.....the cost of victory. ;_;

Back on topic.....what's so special about white? Amazon has Dualshock3 for as low as $43.99 for Silver, and around $44.99 for Blue or Red.

Spose I just see too many issues with white controllers and consoles, such as dirt and dust showing up more prominently, and grease and oil from hands wearing off of them and potentially staining after extended use...even if you're the cleanest soul in the world, you're bound to see the effect of a stained white controller from extended use.[/QUOTE]

For those that got the Lightning Edition PS3 and want to match it, they need a white controller to match their system. :D

For that, I could understand. The aesthetics of matching console to controller are felt here. Want to pick up a black wiimote and nunchuck, as well as a pro classic controller import.....but then I feel like I'd need a black Wii.

And brahma, it's Walmart...in most cases they don't give a crap if it's even exchange, the employees aren't paid enough to care.

album.php
album.php

As promised

While it does look nice, I think most of the appeal lies in having a different color than standard.

For the 360 or Wii where white is the standard color, black are considered cooler, while it's the exact opposite for the PS3. Interesting indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent posted in forever, but all the walmarts I have been to in Miami have had them for about a week. Some stores have 6, some have 8.

bread's done
Back