PS3 Exclusives

Zolor23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I'm about to buy a slim PS3 from my friend for $100, so I'm looking for those great exclusives that PS3 has to offer. I'm decided on MLB 13 The Show, and that'll probably be a release week purchase, even at MSRP. I've seen those collections of the best exclusives like Resistance, God of War, inFamous, etc.

How far have they dropped? Will they drop anytime soon? Is it better to buy separately? How about Blu-Ray? Some cheap Blu-Rays to buy?

They're all cheaper than most retails. I think they're all like, $40. You can pick up the collection + a dualshock for $60

[quote name='Cromzz']They're all cheaper than most retails. I think they're all like, $40. You can pick up the collection + a dualshock for $60[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Any idea which collection I should start with? I'm thinking the GoW because it includes lots of games, and 1 month of PS+. Which games are best?

If it's any help, I picked up my first PS3 recently and have been gradually grabbing exclusives these since December: GOW+Dualshock (5 games--2 of which are downloads but egh), there's the Infamous double-pack (comes with the DLC chapter), the Sly Cooper collection (which I kind of regret since I'm stuck on a mid-ish level OF THE FIRST-DAMN-GAME!!), Yakuza: Dead Souls (NewEgg has/had it cheap though mediocre reviews), 3d Dot Game Heroes, & lastly Ico & Shadow of the Colossus collection.

Keep in mind I do have some very-dark tinted nostalgia glasses, however. :cool:

As far as Blus go--your friend hasn't owned one 'til now, I take it? It's been a really good time recently to pickup some with Fry's/Frys.com having weekly $5/$10 sales on them, as well as WM having a steady supply of $7.88 titles, Target has some good, cheap ones, too.

I highly recommend the Infamous Collection. Some good exclusives are Ni No Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch ,Killzone (2+3), Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, PlayStation All-Stars:Battle Royale, Demon Souls, God of War (1-3), The Ratchet and Clank games, Zone of Enders HD Collection, Journey, Uncharted (1-3), Disgaea 3+4, Resistance (1-3), Little Big Planet (1+2), The Jak & Daxter HD Collection, Heavenly Sword, Twisted Metal, White Knight Chronicles II, Metal Gear Soild 4, etc.

I'd recommend checking out Gamefly's Buy section, Newegg, and of course Amazon for good deals on PS3 games. Especially around the holidays.

One thing I enjoyed doing as a new PS3 owner was going to Family Video and taking advantage of the 30 day half-off rentals for a month (free for new users or pay $9.99 for a month long membership for returning users) and trying lots of games at $1.50 or $3 per 5 day rentals.

This is only really worth it if you happen to have a lot of time on your hands during the month and if your local FV has a great selection.

Personally my favorite PS3 exclusives (excluding PSN games) are Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Uncharted series, and Heavy Rain. If you never played Ratchet, Sly, and Jak, I'd also recommend the HD collections (about $15-$20 a piece). I'd also give PS+ a try, as it has inFamous 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 currently, which are both great. I'd say amazon and gamefly have some of the cheapest prices. Most of the best PS3 exclusives can be had for less than $20, and they are always having B2G1 sales.

Hope this helped, enjoy your PS3:bouncy:

The Yakuza series is an often overlooked, but great Playstation exclusive series. You can find Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza: Dead Souls for pretty cheap nowadays.

Woah, didn't check this thread in a while. Didn't expect this many responses. Thanks.

[quote name='Sanges99']If it's any help, I picked up my first PS3 recently and have been gradually grabbing exclusives these since December: GOW+Dualshock (5 games--2 of which are downloads but egh), there's the Infamous double-pack (comes with the DLC chapter), the Sly Cooper collection (which I kind of regret since I'm stuck on a mid-ish level OF THE FIRST-DAMN-GAME!!), Yakuza: Dead Souls (NewEgg has/had it cheap though mediocre reviews), 3d Dot Game Heroes, & lastly Ico & Shadow of the Colossus collection.

Keep in mind I do have some very-dark tinted nostalgia glasses, however. :cool:

As far as Blus go--your friend hasn't owned one 'til now, I take it? It's been a really good time recently to pickup some with Fry's/Frys.com having weekly $5/$10 sales on them, as well as WM having a steady supply of $7.88 titles, Target has some good, cheap ones, too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I already grabbed GoW Saga from GS when it was $20. I will look out for the Blu-ray sales, but I don't have Fry's or WM around me.

[quote name='Persona Eater']I highly recommend the Infamous Collection. Some good exclusives are Ni No Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch ,Killzone (2+3), Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, PlayStation All-Stars:Battle Royale, Demon Souls, God of War (1-3), The Ratchet and Clank games, Zone of Enders HD Collection, Journey, Uncharted (1-3), Disgaea 3+4, Resistance (1-3), Little Big Planet (1+2), The Jak & Daxter HD Collection, Heavenly Sword, Twisted Metal, White Knight Chronicles II, Metal Gear Soild 4, etc.[/QUOTE]

Quite a large list, lol. Most of those I was thinking of getting, but just don't know where to start. I got GoW Saga, LBP1, Resistance 1-2, Killzone 2 and Lair.

[quote name='gacktyay']I'd recommend checking out Gamefly's Buy section, Newegg, and of course Amazon for good deals on PS3 games. Especially around the holidays.

One thing I enjoyed doing as a new PS3 owner was going to Family Video and taking advantage of the 30 day half-off rentals for a month (free for new users or pay $9.99 for a month long membership for returning users) and trying lots of games at $1.50 or $3 per 5 day rentals.

This is only really worth it if you happen to have a lot of time on your hands during the month and if your local FV has a great selection.[/QUOTE]

I've never even heard of FV lol, but thanks!

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Personally my favorite PS3 exclusives (excluding PSN games) are Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Uncharted series, and Heavy Rain. If you never played Ratchet, Sly, and Jak, I'd also recommend the HD collections (about $15-$20 a piece). I'd also give PS+ a try, as it has inFamous 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2 currently, which are both great. I'd say amazon and gamefly have some of the cheapest prices. Most of the best PS3 exclusives can be had for less than $20, and they are always having B2G1 sales.

Hope this helped, enjoy your PS3:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I was actually thinking about PS+ when they had the "Buy 12, Get 3 months free" and the $10 back from $50 promos at the same time, but I thought that I wouldn't use it that much. Thanks though!

[quote name='sezradmark']The Yakuza series is an often overlooked, but great Playstation exclusive series. You can find Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza: Dead Souls for pretty cheap nowadays.[/QUOTE]

I feel like I played one, yet I don't have any memory of it...I might look at that if it's cheap. Thanks.

[quote name='Zolor23']Woah, didn't check this thread in a while. Didn't expect this many responses. Thanks.

Thanks, I already grabbed GoW Saga from GS when it was $20. I will look out for the Blu-ray sales, but I don't have Fry's or WM around me.
[/quote]

So, there's this thing, I'm pretty sure you're familiar with it... it's called the internet. ;)
Being as that we both seem to be on the East Coast, I don't have a Fry's retail store anywhere near me either--that's what Frys.com is for. There's a thread around here somewhere that gets updated with their weekly sales (which start on Friday btw, weird right?). Many BLUs have free shipping--and when it's a $5 movie, that's not bad at all.

If you browse Walmart.com BLUs and sort them by price, many of the same titles are also available online that are found in-store for under $8-10 (and even ocassionally for $5). Never be afraid to browse a site on a hunch. Kind of strange to hear there's not a WM store near a surround suburb of Boston but I guess not unheard of.

You absolutely HAVE to buy Journey:CE. flow is pretty meh but Flower and Journey are amazing. +1 for 3d Dot Game Heroes as well, probably my favorite PS3 exclusive. Demon's Souls is awesome but you may as well go with Dark Souls at this point.

[quote name='Sanges99']So, there's this thing, I'm pretty sure you're familiar with it... it's called the internet. ;)
Being as that we both seem to be on the East Coast, I don't have a Fry's retail store anywhere near me either--that's what Frys.com is for. There's a thread around here somewhere that gets updated with their weekly sales (which start on Friday btw, weird right?). Many BLUs have free shipping--and when it's a $5 movie, that's not bad at all.

If you browse Walmart.com BLUs and sort them by price, many of the same titles are also available online that are found in-store for under $8-10 (and even ocassionally for $5). Never be afraid to browse a site on a hunch. Kind of strange to hear there's not a WM store near a surround suburb of Boston but I guess not unheard of.[/QUOTE]

What's this "internet"?

In all seriousness, how is the shipping of Fry's? Do they sell out quickly, if at all? Thanks.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']You absolutely HAVE to buy Journey:CE. flow is pretty meh but Flower and Journey are amazing. +1 for 3d Dot Game Heroes as well, probably my favorite PS3 exclusive. Demon's Souls is awesome but you may as well go with Dark Souls at this point.[/QUOTE]

I have Dark Souls for X360. Demon Souls isn't necessary for the story?

Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, Siren, Valkyria Chronicles.

I have Dark Souls for X360. Demon Souls isn't necessary for the story?

Separate franchises, Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls but it isnt a sequel, Sony owns the Demon's Souls franchise so From Software, the developer, had to start anew since they wanted to go multiplatform.

Demon's Souls is also a fairly different game in structure, and is, IMHO, a slightly better game since I like the hub/level based stylings more than the wide-linear type affair in Dark Souls.

[quote name='Invicta 61']If you're just now starting to get blus, you may want to check out this thread.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260736[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's pretty cool. Lemme see if I see any of my DVDs there. Thanks.

[quote name='Meringue']Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, Siren, Valkyria Chronicles.

Separate franchises, Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls but it isnt a sequel, Sony owns the Demon's Souls franchise so From Software, the developer, had to start anew since they wanted to go multiplatform.

Demon's Souls is also a fairly different game in structure, and is, IMHO, a slightly better game since I like the hub/level based stylings more than the wide-linear type affair in Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

Oh...hmmm, that's a pretty strange thing. I'll try out Dark Souls first since I have it. Thank you!

[quote name='Zolor23']Wow, that's pretty cool. Lemme see if I see any of my DVDs there. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The DVD you send in doesn't have to match what you pick off the site. People here have used those crappy DVDs from the Dollar Store.

[quote name='Invicta 61']The DVD you send in doesn't have to match what you pick off the site. People here have used those crappy DVDs from the Dollar Store.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's nice then. Thanks a lot!

bread's done
Back