PS3 External fans?

Chadt74

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (98%)
Does anyone use these? What I am talking about are the USB powered fans that attach to your PS3 and suck air out of them which I guess would make the motherboard cooler?

I ask because I have a original 60GB PS3 and I'd like to make sure I can extend the life as much as I can but didn't know if these were a waste.

I searched for a thread and could not find anything so any opinions or user reviews would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I can't personally say from experience, but I hear these things are often worse than not using one at all. PS3s seem to be pretty solid. If yours has made it this far without issue, I wouldn't mess with success. But that's me.

I never used one and I don't see the point. Imo, for ps3 to have good air circulation its about location and upkeep. I think these external fans are useless for a well kept ps3, and aggravates the problem for badly kept ps3.

From what I've heard using these external fans puts strain on the PS3's own internal fan(s) and may cause not only their failure but the failure of your console.

Now if the internal fan in your PS3 is dead already, then yeah these should help with cooling the system down.

bread's done
Back