PS3 Fallout New Vegas $9.99 at Best Buy

They just announced a GOTY edition for this game that will have all the DLC. Considering I just got Fallout 3: GOTY for $9.99 I'll just wait for the same deal on this one.

[quote name='FJY']I hear the PS3 version sucks[/QUOTE]

I played through on the ps3 after running into a big glitch 1 hour in on the 360. I rarely had issues on the ps3.

[quote name='FJY']I hear the PS3 version sucks[/QUOTE]

I didn't have any major problems with playing this on the PS3. Fallout 3 GOTY on the PS3 however... that's a wreck.

I've been on the fence about this game. Wish it was that price on the 360. How much does the DLC add up to in cost? I was thinking about getting the GOTY version next month. Looks like the GOTY version is $49.99 MSRP.

Probably a dumb question but will the dlc drop in price when the goty version comes out? I was just wondering if buying goty will be cheaper than buying dlc.

i think there are 4 expansion packs (9.99 each, iirc), and then some other little trinkety stuff (a couple weapons?..the "courier pack"....

if i were them i wouldnt drop the price of the DLC, or it would make the regular version (9-12.99) + DLC (~40) cheaper than MSRP on the ultimate edition...

i picked this up on the B2G1 sale at GS and plan on buying 1, 2 or possibly 3 of the expansion packs.

and yeah, runs just fine on ps3. a few glitches, nothing game breaking and you might not even find them depending on what path you take.

I can see a deal on the GOTY version, (probably $39.99), coming up. Maybe I'll just hold out for something like that.

[quote name='Dread Fox']They just announced a GOTY edition for this game that will have all the DLC. Considering I just got Fallout 3: GOTY for $9.99 I'll just wait for the same deal on this one.[/QUOTE]

$9.99? whatda?

Yeah by the time I get around to playing the Fallout New Vegas that I bought for $9.99 from Best Buy last summer the GOTY version will be $9.99. I'm thinking I should have traded it in and lost a few bucks rather than keep it.

I just got it but I haven't play the game yet. I was on the fence since the Ultimate version is coming out soon. I just bought New Vegas on a wim since it was $9.99 and i had a $5 certificate.

I might be inclined to get this for now, to be honest the DLC for NV doesn't seem nearly as cool as the expansions that Fallout 3 had, and at least by the time the Ultimate Edition hits around $10-15 I can have the main storyline completed.

There really is only one good piece of DLC for New Vegas, Old World Blues.

Dead Money was too limited in what you were allowed to do, and it imposed an un-natural difficulty scale by separating you from not only your equipment and followers, but also your money and healing items. It also limited your ammo and provided almost infinitely respawning enemies that had to be dismembered in order to be permanently killed. It limited you to a small area for the entirety of the DLC, you couldn't leave. A good chunk of the DLC was also covered in poison gas, and you were limited a lot of times on where you could go because your collar might blow you up. Then at the end, you're not able to go back and revisit the content of the DLC. Poorly designed and poorly executed.

Honest Hearts was decent, but rather boring. I don't even remember the final encounter.

Lonesome road was the definition of linear. It was all point A to point B, no deviation and the only choice you could make comes at the very end with no real impact on anything.

Old World Blues offered a pretty big new chunk of content, and awesome new base of operations with lots of nice gadgets to play with. The story was cool, and had loads and loads of dark comedy. It stripped you of your companions, but it didn't have any dramatic impact on the difficulty of the content. It also introduced one of the most awesome hand to hand weapons in the game.

I was loving the PS3 version of NV, but far too many glitches made it way to annoying, and I quit just a little bit after getting to Vegas. I say the PS3 one is insane glitched. Never got around to playing Fallout 3 though

The Fallout games are big, ambitious games. Fallout 3: GOTY was okay for the most part in the main game for both 360 and PS3. Point Lookout was machine frying on the PS3 and The Pitt was pretty glitchy/slow for the 360. Lots of Framerate drops and freezing consoles in those two DLCs.

New Vegas was released broken, but they've made it certainly playable since. I personally can't wait for the ultimate edition. Skyrim still has it's share of bugs, too.

This really isn't that great of a deal because it's been $10 and less new several times before now. What I really wanna is is the Ultimate edition for $30 on day 1. Come on BB.

[quote name='pwnthee']The Fallout games are big, ambitious games. Fallout 3: GOTY was okay for the most part in the main game for both 360 and PS3. Point Lookout was machine frying on the PS3 and The Pitt was pretty glitchy/slow for the 360. Lots of Framerate drops and freezing consoles in those two DLCs.

New Vegas was released broken, but they've made it certainly playable since. I personally can't wait for the ultimate edition. Skyrim still has it's share of bugs, too.

This really isn't that great of a deal because it's been $10 and less new several times before now. What I really wanna is is the Ultimate edition for $30 on day 1. Come on BB.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed fallout goty on PS3 and it was definitely glitched.

BUT I only had to restart my console 2 times and I put in over 100 hours. If it freezes, you can wait anywhere from 1-5 minutes and the game tends to start moving again.

On the flip side, I have had to do a hard shutdown 3 times now on Bioshock 2 multiplayer and I have been playing for 2-3 weeks.

I am thinking about cracking open a slim, so I don't destroy my 40G Metal Gear system.

bread's done
Back