PS3 FAQ's: PSN, Gaming, Hardware, Accessories, Gen. Discussions...etc.

[quote name='Lsgun1']If he doesn't have a router how would he download the content onto his PS3? If he is your cousin I doubt he is going to try anything with your info so there isn't really a reason not to give it to him.[/QUOTE]

I'll know when he'll be online, since I gotta set it up for him. There's nothing he really can do with my account. I would just add all of my friends onto my new account and delete all of my stuff from my old one and he can just use that one as if he made it, but with warhawk on it. I don't know though, than I gotta pick a new name, I like this one, and thats always a bitch since every option I try is already picked, I might just buy it for him for his b-day so i can keep my account, and maybe I'll play warhawk a bit later on when its all in home and stuff. I don't know, if he still really wants to do it, I'll see.

[quote name='iHack']Yeah man I think that would be cool for him and you... You both make out in the deal[/quote]

Well, I am most likely going to give it to him, but now I need a new name. I want the same one for xbl and psn for when I get a 360 later on, but everthing I try is taken..

The best one I can think of that I like is xMrVengeancex I was going to use XMrVengeanceX, but I liked the lower case x better

Dont know why dint think of this one even before v4oldboy

MrOldboy I signed up on psn and xbl (xbox.com) so I think this will be my new ID, hopefully I get a 360 by summer, thats if GTAIV doesn'ta take me past june...

So, can't even put PS2 saves on the PS3 via a flash drive?

I think we need a memory card adapter rental service. Pay $1 and shipping to transfer your saves.

Otherwise I'll have to look for it on clearance at Kmart.

Check it:
The PLAYSTATION®Network will be taken offline for a scheduled maintenance to our network during the following times:
Start: April 14, 2008, beginning at 8:00 a.m., Pacific Time
End: April 14, 2008, ending at 11:00 p.m., Pacific Time

FW will be available after

[quote name='CocheseUGA']So, can't even put PS2 saves on the PS3 via a flash drive?

I think we need a memory card adapter rental service. Pay $1 and shipping to transfer your saves.

Otherwise I'll have to look for it on clearance at Kmart.[/QUOTE]I actually have two memory card adapters (one was inside the PS3 case I got and didn't notice). Well, you can put PS2 saves on a flash drive, but not until the PS3 itself converts the PS2 saves to .psv.

[quote name='pete5883']Only the Playstation Store is going down. Nothing else should be affected.[/quote]

Forgot to stress that point...

I have a huggggeee problem.

So i always tranfer gamesaves and just the other day i tried transferring the heavenly sword gamesave from gamefaqs. i took the folder and stuck onto my usb drive under the SAVADATA folder.

I place the usb into the ps3 and it says corrupted file. so i try other gamesaves and it does the same thing. so i bought a new flash drive and it is still doing the same thing...i dont understand where the problem is. is it my ps3? any other ways of testing this out?

Hey guys,

I have set up two media servers:

Windows Media
TVersity

I read on some forums the TVersity website that TVersity was really good and I hoped that it would fix my problem. I have been buying DVD's and Blu-Ray's with the free digital copy thinking I could stream them. So far I have installed Hitman and Justice League with no problem. Though, when I try to stream them to my PS3 thru Windows media server I get "Unsupported Data" and when I try to stream it thru Tversity I get a message saying the file is not there. On the computer when I try to play it (on TVersity) it says I may need to install a flash player, though I have no idea how to do that or if thats the problem. Now the only thing that is weird about this is that I can stream both movies thru to my 360 by Windows Media Server. I have also succesfully been able to stream adult content :whee: (it's not mine its my wife's) thru TVersity and it worked great. If anyone can help me so I can get Juno streaming for my wife I would be very happy (I only have one 360 and two PS3's, my wife is living in our room now with our new baby and only has access to a PS3 and I am trying to make access easier for her). Please any help would be great, I have everything up and running and I even edited the Tversity program in notepad from "MPEG16" to "MPEG2".

I'm tired of waiting 2 hours to dowload a demo that's barely 1 gig, when on the 360 I can download a 1 gig demo in less than 15 mins. I've tried wireless and wired connection, and they both are about the same. The MGO Beta has been less than 25% for the past hour and a half...I'm tired of this shit. Is there a way I can configure my router to open up more ports or allow more access to the PSN so that I can download faster? How do people download in like 15 mins on the PS Store?

I'm in San Diego, CA with RoadRunner internet, so I know that's not a problem...

Weird. It never takes me that long to download anything that size over wireless. Maybe it's the network chipset that is overheated or something?

[quote name='DrNo888']Weird. It never takes me that long to download anything that size over wireless. Maybe it's the network chipset that is overheated or something?[/QUOTE]
Nope, I had a launch PS3 that I swapped out with another 60 gb in August and it's the same speed.

When I have it connected with the charging cord it works fine. But when I try it when it's wireless, it only just blinks all lights fast. Any suggestions?

I also posted this in the New Users Guide since I didn't see this one to begin with but here is my issue.

Question for anyone who might be able to help.

I have a 60gb PS3. Tonight I was using the browser to check some score before playing a few games and the system froze on me. Since that time, I have not been able to play ps2 games on my machine. Last night I was playing Odin's Sphere and Shadow Heart with no problems. Now, neither of them will play and I just get a black screen when I try to play. I never even get to the PlayStation 2 logo coming up.

I have tested all other forms of media on the machine, PS3 Games, Blu-Ray, DVD, Cd ... and they all play fine. PS2 Games simply will not play at all.

I have tried doing a default setting restore and that did nothing to help. It still will not ready those games or any other ps2 game I tried. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone have any problems with Blu Ray Playback? It seems that when I'm watching a BD 2 or 3 times during the movie the framerate slows down for about 4-5 seconds and everything looks like a stop action movie.

Is there anyway to enable a bluetooth headset once you are in a multi player GTA 4 game? A friend and I were playing Resistance and our headsets were working fine, then we quit the game put in GTA 4 and we kept getting a message that we couldn't call each other because our headsets weren't connected. After looking and looking we couldn't find any option we had to quit the game and go enable our headsets from the PS3's main menu. This wouldn't be all that bad, except that when we get disconnected from a multi player game or it just fails to start our headsets go out as well.

Is there anyway to reconnect our Bluetooth headsets while playing GTA 4? Or do we have to quit out of the game each time it disconnects us? If it matters we both are using the Jabra BT125.

Occasionally my headset will "disconnect" in Warhawk. Pushing the button on the side of it usually connects it again.

Yeah, the PS3 seems to handle voice chat like an incoming call. So if you have it paired, try hitting the Speak/Answer Call button on your headset.

However, there's a general bug either in the PS3 bluetooth setup or the GTA4 code (or both) where bluetooth devices will get partially desynced, and while you'll be able to connect to it and it'll say it's connected, no voice will transmit through. Probably has something to do with individual bluetooth headsets though.

Thanks for putting up a link to the thread I started on uncompressed games Linkin. Btw I added you to my friend's list. You might want to give a look at your friend requests man.

I took a photograph that shows this perfectly, but I see I cannot add attachments. (why can't I add attachments?) I will do my best to describe the way I keep my PS3.

The PS3 is kept horiontally with the ends resting on top of two thick books. I have roughly a three inch gap between the bottom of the PS3 and the floor. Next to the PS3 I keep a medium-size bedroom fan blowing across the system.

Is this a safe way to ensure my PS3 does not overheat? Is this even necessary? After playing the system the first time in my opened entertainment cabinet I felt the system and was suprised at how hot it became.

The PS3 will get hot, it's normal. One thing is to listen to the fans on the system, if they're noticeably loud then the system needs more room.

I've never had an issue with heating (or the fans going like crazy) on my 20GB PS3... and I keep it vertical alongside my other consoles (I'm starved for room, to be honest. heh)

It's never given me a lick of trouble since I bought it... heat or otherwise. So I think you can safely set it on its little feet and still be fine.

the bigger issue here is your balancing it on books, setting yourself up for a scratched disc or even breaking the system itself if it ever gets bumped while its on and falls off the book perch.

There's really no need for special fans blowing on it and balancing it on books so the bottom is elevated. It's not a nuclear reactor. It will get warm, but so does everything that's electronic. It has it's own internal fan for cooling it down and there's no vents on the very bottom where it rests when horizontal, so I'm not sure what the deal is with balancing it on books.

um....that's going a bit overboard i think lol.
The PS3 is apparently capable of surviving in a sauna (forgot where I read this. Done for testing's sake) so I doubt it will overheat naturally. I just have mine on my desk horizontally, no fans, no anything. The right side vent shoots right into my speaker, the rear vent blows towards my window which is closed about 90% of the time right now. The air that gets blown out is warm-hot and nowhere near meltdown temperatures.

I have my PS3 here at college with 1 HDMI cable connected to my HDTV. At home, we have a 46" HDTV with a 5.1 surround sound system. When I get home I want to make sure I know what I need to play the PS3 with the surround sound.

As of now, the surround sound is connected to the central unit, which is a DVD player. This has a HDMI output I believe, which goes to the TV in one of the 3 HDMI inputs and also goes to the cable box through AV cables so that cable gets surround sound.

I'm not sure how I would hook up the PS3 to this system to get it to work in surround sound, is anyone sure? I could link you the two items if wanted to find out for sure.

EDIT:

Surround sound :

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-D...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1210080250&sr=8-1

TV:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-ln-t4665f/4507-6482_7-32306311.html

According to amazon it has an optical input, according to the first review on amazon it does not.
If it does have optical in you simply get an optical cable from firefold or monoprice, connect the two and configure the ps3 to output audio over that.

If it doesnt, well, you're sol.

I currently don't have an internet connection right now, and won't have it for a month or two.. in the process of moving. So is there an alternate way to update games via flash? I know this is possible w/ system updates.. but I'd like to know about game patches, for example GTA IV's possible patch upcoming (haven't had it freeze though). Thanks!

[quote name='aznguyen316']I currently don't have an internet connection right now, and won't have it for a month or two.. in the process of moving. So is there an alternate way to update games via flash? I know this is possible w/ system updates.. but I'd like to know about game patches, for example GTA IV's possible patch upcoming (haven't had it freeze though). Thanks![/QUOTE]I haven't seen a game patch online. I assume it can be done, but not sure if we'll see it. I mean, if people can download mods for UT3, I think it's possible, just whether it's done.

Sucks you are without internet. :whistle2:( I'd go crazy if I was in that situation.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I haven't seen a game patch online. I assume it can be done, but not sure if we'll see it. I mean, if people can download mods for UT3, I think it's possible, just whether it's done.

Sucks you are without internet. :whistle2:( I'd go crazy if I was in that situation.[/quote]

no kidding.. I have my bro's house for internet and school but yeah I needs my internet haha. How about PSN demos etc? can those be copied? I haven't tried.

[quote name='aznguyen316']no kidding.. I have my bro's house for internet and school but yeah I needs my internet haha. How about PSN demos etc? can those be copied? I haven't tried.[/QUOTE]Demos cannot be copied for sure. It's for protection.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Demos cannot be copied for sure. It's for protection.[/quote]

thanks. well damn looks like I'm gonna have to take my PS3 around for random downloads etc.

Everywhere I look I only see 40GB versions of a new PS3. Is there any official word of more releases? I want to use my stimulus check to buy a PS3, but don't want to buy the 40GB and then have a better version released a month later.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Would someone be interested in walking me through the media server process? I've followed the directions, and the PS3 still can't find the PC.

360? No problems. PS3? Can't do it. Unless there's a specific port that the PS3 wants to see, I don't think it's a router issue.

Have you enabled media sharing in WMP11? Another quirky problem was that you must put the files in your shared video folder...Holla back if neither of those work.

Edit- To be more clear, right click on the files u wanna share in WMP and there should be an option callede sharing or something of the sort

For some reason when I did it this time, it worked without any issue.

Now I'm sitting at my computer enjoying music on my PSP from my PC through the PS3.

Weird, huh?

I wish I could do this with my phone over data.

Well glad its working...Now I have a question for everyone for once...Ive been looking into increasing my WiFi range so I can play PS3 online in my garage/guest house. Ive been thinking of several products, but cannot find anything undor 70 bucks. I am really not interested in spending more than $40, so any suggestions?

[quote name='cdietschrun']I have my PS3 here at college with 1 HDMI cable connected to my HDTV. At home, we have a 46" HDTV with a 5.1 surround sound system. When I get home I want to make sure I know what I need to play the PS3 with the surround sound.

As of now, the surround sound is connected to the central unit, which is a DVD player. This has a HDMI output I believe, which goes to the TV in one of the 3 HDMI inputs and also goes to the cable box through AV cables so that cable gets surround sound.

I'm not sure how I would hook up the PS3 to this system to get it to work in surround sound, is anyone sure? I could link you the two items if wanted to find out for sure.

EDIT:

Surround sound :

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-D...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1210080250&sr=8-1

TV:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-ln-t4665f/4507-6482_7-32306311.html[/quote]

Looking at all that, I need more advice because I only got 1 response. I am thinking of buying an HDMI splitter.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p..._id=1011303&p_id=2522&seq=1&format=4#feedback

To be exact. I need to connect 1 plug into the PS3 with 2 plugs going out of it, 1 into the HDTV HDMI port and another into the home theater system HDMI port. But it seems like those reviews are confusing as fuck on monoprice. I was curious if someone can explain to me what I need to get my surround sound working on my PS3 at home with this setup. I already have 1 Male to Male HDMI cable now.

Please help...

Ensure that it has an optical input (call your mom/dad). The only other option I see would be using the cables sony supplies with the ps3 to hook up to your surround sound

[quote name='cdietschrun']Looking at all that, I need more advice because I only got 1 response. I am thinking of buying an HDMI splitter.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p..._id=1011303&p_id=2522&seq=1&format=4#feedback

To be exact. I need to connect 1 plug into the PS3 with 2 plugs going out of it, 1 into the HDTV HDMI port and another into the home theater system HDMI port. But it seems like those reviews are confusing as fuck on monoprice. I was curious if someone can explain to me what I need to get my surround sound working on my PS3 at home with this setup. I already have 1 Male to Male HDMI cable now.

Please help...[/quote]

You're not going to get true 5.1 from your PS3 on that stereo. You can use the normal rca stereo jacks (red white ones) to get stereo sound but that's about it. The receiver does have an hdmi port but that is for output on the built in dvd player not a/v input.

[quote name='doubledown']Is there any way to turn off the sounds for certain themes? I like some of the themes, but the sound effects RUIN them.[/quote]

If you mean the noise when you navigate the XMB (I don't use themes so I don't know if there are any other sounds), you can turn it off under "Settings >> Sound Settings >> Key Tones".

With the "Disc auto play" setting turned on, is there a way to start the PS3 without loading the disc that time?

My family uses the PS3 as a movie player, so to keep things simple I turned on auto play so that any time they put in a disc it would play it immediately. However sometimes I just want to go to the XMB even though there's a disc inside.

I was hoping doing something like keeping the PS button held down turing startup would help, but no dice.

I need help. I just moved home from college and my PS3 is connected via HDMI to the TV I have here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-ln-t4665f/4507-6482_7-32306311.html

It worked no problem on my 20inch 1080p HDTV at school, but now I have strange problem on this TV. Audio works fine, but the picture flickers and is hard to explain, but every few seconds/minutes the picture will flicker and a mirror image will be placed on the screen somewhere. Basically, it's bein fucked up. I can't tell if it is the HDMI connection and have no other way to test that, or anything else.

Can anyone help me?

Hi;

yesterday I install a PS3 on my 1080i TV with a HDMI cable. When I turn on the TV and the PS3 the only thing I see is statics. I really frek out. but then when I pres "X" on the control the game stars everuything goes normal and I can play the game. So I conclude that, for any reason I can not see only the meny of the PS3 (the one that appears with out a game).
I think it something with the set-up. I havent connect the RCA cables yet. I would like to see it only on HDMI.

have anyone have any idea?

Thanks

Hi;

Yesterday I installed a PS3 on my 1080i TV with a HDMI cable. When I turn on the TV and the PS3 the only thing I see is static. I really frek out. but then when I pres "X" on the control the game stars and everything goes normal and I can play the game. So I conclude that, for any reason I can not see only the menu of the PS3 (the one that appears with out a game when the PS3 is turn on).
I think it something with the set-up. I havent connect the RCA cables yet. I would like to see it only on HDMI.

have anyone have any idea?

Thanks

bread's done
Back