PS3 Fat 60GB (Model # CECHA01) Professionally Refurbished for $218 + FREE SHIPPING @ eBay

Because it's not supported by the ps2. The only way to upscale ps2 games to HD is through one of these ps3's. That's why it's a "deal", because outside of emulation, which is still in the okay to poor area for the ps2 generation, there's absolutely no way to get HD ps2 games.

Buying a component cable can get you 480P, but no upscaling to 720p or higher.

Considering he has 100% positive feedback that means the units are all lasting for longer than a few months. I don't understand why people are having a hard time comprehending this.
If you want the best quality for PS2 games the only solution is emulator. It runs some PS2 games better than HD remake on PS3.

Because it's not supported by the ps2. The only way to upscale ps2 games to HD is through one of these ps3's. That's why it's a "deal", because outside of emulation, which is still in the okay to poor area for the ps2 generation, there's absolutely no way to get HD ps2 games.

Buying a component cable can get you 480P, but no upscaling to 720p or higher.

Considering he has 100% positive feedback that means the units are all lasting for longer than a few months. I don't understand why people are having a hard time comprehending this.
why is that useful though? it doesn't really look any better, i'd say it looks worse. its not like your hdtv is going to show a tiny little square 640x480. it will get upscaled.

Waste of money.  He doesn't advertise it as a reballing.  Unless you do a reball, you never fix the main problem with the fat PS3.  So it will die on you again.  All fat PS3s will die at some point if used regularly.  It was a  hardware design flaw.  This guy most likely added new thermal paste, if that, and that's it.  Far too vague on what he's doing to shell out $200.  What does his feedback matter?  The majority is recent.  A true test for something like this takes time.

why is that useful though? it doesn't really look any better, i'd say it looks worse. its not like your hdtv is going to show a tiny little square 640x480. it will get upscaled.
it doesnt upscale it, it stretches it, the ability to upscale lies in the hardware and the ps2 doesn't support it. This is also why people buy boxes that attach to retro consoles to upscale the image.

A normal PS2 with a component cable, is taking the 640 x 480 and stretching the image to fit on on 1280 x 720 or higher.

However, just like bluray players can upconvert dvds, the ps3 can upconvert ps2 games so they look respectable.

Like I said it's either the old ps3's or a computer with a 200-300 dollar processor alone.

If you're having trouble understanding, take a 100 x 100 picture in paint or gimp and resize it 200 x 200.

Even easier, take a 640 x 480 wallpaper and apply it to your 1080p monitor as the wallpaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't trust him based on his shitty spelling and grammar. Manufactures specs? I get a duel shock with my purchase? Professionally refurbished means absolutely nothing, as whatever he's doing to "fix" them isn't approved by the manufacturer directly. And he never says that he works in conjunction with Sony or that he's official--that is something OP assumed.

"ALL RETURNS WILL BE INSPECTED FOR TAMPERING. NO RETURNS WILL BE HONORED IF SECURITY SEAL INSIDE THE CONSOLE HAS BEEN BROKEN AND UNIT HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH."

Sweet, so he didn't break any seals when he "fixed" them.
Actually, there are a ton of official companies run by old farts that can't spell for shit and their sites look like typical 90s throwbacks.

Recent examples that I came across are these two companies that were essentially orphaned once Atari went kaput-

http://www.myatari.com/

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/

They were officially licensed to refurbish and sell Atari products and still do to this day.

bread's done
Back