PS3 Feature to save games to the cloud...

OregonDealz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://kotaku.com/5746393/save-your-ps3-games-in-thin-air

I'm more of an Xbox fan. But thought this news was pretty hip and worth conversation fodder.

Here's to hoping this becomes the new standard. Potentially solves a majority of that, my hardware died and Sony formatted my Shit. Or OMG i did the PS3 fat 200$ trade in for 120GB slim last summer and fawk, I lost all my Fat Princess stats...

Be pretty sweet to have this become something MS has to do because it's only logical.

I suspect there will be limits. But it would nice to have. I know I could just continue to back up my saves with USB.

But man I want it to be in the cloud...:lol:

That will be handy for folks like me who have more than one PS3 since I use them as a blu-ray/netflix player. Play in one room, someone else needs to use the main room, continue playing elsewhere.

This is a great feature that i cant wait to use. I also use more than one PS3 in my house and the ability to play the same game between them without using a jumpdrive is awesome.

Sounds like what Kojima was talking about during Sony's press thing a few nights back. Despite the obvious awesomeness of it being impossible to lose save files...the real sweetness would come from being able to play a game on the PS3, hop on the PSP2, grab the same game file, and continue playing. Not saying it's going to happen, but saving stuff on the cloud is a big step towards getting there.

LOL Only available to those who paid $50 for "free" games(that you can't keep if you don't re-up your sub) on PS+.

If the 3.60 update is coming soon for this hopefully Sony will have their shit together by then, since my PS3 is giving me an 80010514 error since their 3.56 pos.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL Only available to those who paid $50 for "free" games(that you can't keep if you don't re-up your sub) on PS+.

If the 3.60 update is coming soon for this hopefully Sony will have their shit together by then, since my PS3 is giving me an 80010514 error since their 3.56 pos.[/QUOTE]

PS+ attached to a "storage" service wouldn't surprise me.

....I think that the 80010514 error code is a PS3 minigame. You get a Plat if you crack the code man.

[quote name='OregonDealz']PS+ attached to a "storage" service wouldn't surprise me.

....I think that the 80010514 error code is a PS3 minigame. You get a Plat if you crack the code man.[/QUOTE]
:razz: It's cracked by doing the file restore option on the PS3's safe mode menu.:booty:

This is pretty nifty, but it doesn't really excite me as much as it would if more games got Steam Cloud support. I just built a new machine, and migrating saves can be a pain.

This should be a free feature or at least a more capable manual back up system in place. I had my ps3 die a while back and I was left with no way to recover my game saves without having the ps3 fixed. Backing up game saves now is a pain having to go in and click several times per game save. I should be able to set a backup location and it should just back up to my usb drive. Or at least give me the ability to update all backups at once not fumbling one at a time.

Having a paid online automated backup service isn't that bad of an idea really. They need a manual free version for people unwilling to join psn+ though. Game save backups are now a huge priority to me after coming close to loosing them all, having to replay 50 hours of a game because of a game save lose would really suck.

From my post from firmware thread:

[quote name='laaj']Future cloud save feature sounds like Sony taking away a feature from non-Plus members to me. Just watch Sony force game developers to copy protect every game save so that only way for gamers to backup saves are to become Plus members.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back