PS3 Folklore 20.97 B&M YMMV

papalatistudios

CAGiversary!
Just hopped into my local CC tonight, and noticed that they had a copy of Folklore not in a bin, and it had a little white tag saying 20.97, and sure enough it rang up 20.97.

Sorry if this is a repost.

Playing through it now, actually. Definitely worth $21. The graphics are great (looks like the same engine as Genji 2) using the "folk" is fun and the bosses are exciting to battle against. And this is one of the few games that actually puts Sixaxis motion controls to good use and they work great. The only thing that is annoying is that for most of the game you have to play through the levels twice, once with each character. But on the other hand, I enjoy the game so I don't mind playing through the levels twice. There is also a lot of DLC out for this game if you're worried about the game length.

It's a really fantastic game, one of the few that I bought a PS3 to play. I got it from CC.com for $30. $20 would have been nicer...

I don't know why Sony refuses to drop prices on games. The result is they stick at $60 forever, and then stores drop them into the clearance bin. If Sony would be more aggressive with their drops, they'd sell more, devs would make more money, and we'd have more great games. As it stands, I'm afraid fantastic outings like Folklore will be entirely forgotten.

[quote name='papalatistudios']Just hopped into my local CC tonight, and noticed that they had a copy of Folklore not in a bin, and it had a little white tag saying 20.97, and sure enough it rang up 20.97.

Sorry if this is a repost.[/quote]

This is a repost kinda because there is a circuit city thread. The reason you got it for $20.97 is because of the 30% off clearance items and the sale ends today. The game will go back up to $29.96 tomorrow.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Yea i have this game & Genji 2 sealed around $30ish. Still have no PS3 :([/quote]

Thank god. Have MGS4, Resistance 1, and Warhawk sitting on a shelf right now. Thought I was the only one.

This is 14.99 if you can find it used at a blockbuster. Lair's the same price. Waiting till I actually have a PS3 to pick up those now that the analog patch is out for Lair. Four weeks to a PS3!

[quote name='shoe478']This is a repost kinda because there is a circuit city thread. The reason you got it for $20.97 is because of the 30% off clearance items and the sale ends today. The game will go back up to $29.96 tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Why would they white tag the game case inside the plastic case with that price then?

i grabbed it for 10 in a walmert clearance bin a week or so ago and i really liked what i have played. anyone remember on the cagcast when cheapy hated on this game for like 30 minutes because in order to continue the story you had to play both characters?

Yup this was 20.97 at my CC, Viking was 13.97 and Turok was 13.97 also! I only got Folklore though since i really only collect RPG's.

[quote name='sark45']Yup this was 20.97 at my CC, Viking was 13.97 and Turok was 13.97 also! I only got Folklore though since i really only collect RPG's.[/QUOTE]

Vikings is all sold out here, wish I couldve found it for 14 its totally worth it.

You also might want to check Wal-Mart. They had it on clearance awhile ago for $14. It might have gotten even lower now if they still have any around. WalMart is always YMMV though

[quote name='rifle21']Thank god. Have MGS4, Resistance 1, and Warhawk sitting on a shelf right now. Thought I was the only one.

This is 14.99 if you can find it used at a blockbuster. Lair's the same price. Waiting till I actually have a PS3 to pick up those now that the analog patch is out for Lair. Four weeks to a PS3![/quote]
Well I have a PS3, with 24 games, all sealed, as well as the PS3. I have to crack it open. My wife bought me a 40gb Spiderman console last Christmas! That's right, last Christmas! I bought the 80gb MGS4 Bundle and sold the one that she bought me to pay for the MGS4. I just took back Motorstorm PR and Naruto UNS, because enough is enough. I have Resistance 2 and haven't even played 1 yet. But anywho, I also have Folklore and from what I heard it is awesome. One day. One day.

[quote name='ricoraney']Well I have a PS3, with 24 games, all sealed, as well as the PS3. I have to crack it open. My wife bought me a 40gb Spiderman console last Christmas! That's right, last Christmas! I bought the 80gb MGS4 Bundle and sold the one that she bought me to pay for the MGS4. I just took back Motorstorm PR and Naruto UNS, because enough is enough. I have Resistance 2 and haven't even played 1 yet. But anywho, I also have Folklore and from what I heard it is awesome. One day. One day.[/QUOTE]

Just stop buying and start playing :)

I know the feeling. Some of the deals can get addictive, but the games only get cheaper and new versions come out. There are the rare occasions where a title will become "rare", but nowadays, even they ultimately get reprints.

Take your hobby back and enjoy the games!

bread's done
Back