ps3 for $270 at BB with coupon from 9/4-9/7

Last time they did something like this, you had a 50-50 shot as to whether or not they consider the PS3 a "blu-ray player". It's definitely going to be YMMV.

I have the coupon in front of me. On the back it says it excludes video game hardware and accessories.
There is a special coupon to save 10% off music, games, dvd's and v.g. accessories (limit 3)....but that also excludes hardware.
Of course, the % off is from original and not sale price too....I got into a big fight about that last time. BB considered the Uncharted price drop to GH status to be a sale since it was listed in the sale ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='One4Deuce']Nice effort but it lists "Video game hardware" in the exclusions.[/QUOTE]
That's where the argument came in a while back, because you can argue that the PS3 is a blu machine as well. Persuasive CAGs would have to convince a manager of that fact - I wouldn't be surprised to see a CAG or two report back that they were able to get it to work.

[quote name='AoA'] I got into a big fight about that last time. BB considered the Uncharted price drop to GH status to be a sale since it was listed in the sale ad.[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy was willing to lose a customer over $3? Nice. Good to see they have their priorities straight.

It shouldnt really matter.

270$ at best buy is NOT really a good deal anyway.

270 + tax = 300$ give or take.

Newegg is 300$ + Free Shipping + No Tax + 10% Bing cash back = 270$ total.

[quote name='dcm1602']It shouldnt really matter.

Newegg is 300$ + Free Shipping + No Tax + 10% Bing cash back = 270$ total.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, Newegg cash back seems to be back down to 3%.

6cf3d504e1730cde

$299 Amazon -$75 gift card - $75 trade in of junk unwanted games = $150 PS3 Slim Best Deal ever glad I waited.

no tax free ship

[quote name='dcm1602']It shouldnt really matter.

Newegg is 300$ + Free Shipping + No Tax + 10% Bing cash back = 270$ total.[/QUOTE]

It might not be a great deal but it IS a good deal. The $30 off is like getting it tax free.
Tax free is a deal to some. new egg or not.

[quote name='dcm1602']Newegg is 300$ + Free Shipping + No Tax + 10% Bing cash back = 270$ total.[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, CA residents (~40 million) pay tax on Newegg purchases (and lots of it.) NJ and TN too.

Anyway, good luck with this. An earlier thread claimed the PS3 slim was a deal at BB at $299, so this would be a double deal!

The Dell deal is pretty solid : $255+tax shipped..Got mine in 2 days
or you can apply for a Sony CC and make it $199

This coupon used to work because they didn't exclude video game hardware. BB got smart and added that exclusion and I don't CAGs have had much luck since.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Bestbuy was willing to lose a customer over $3? Nice. Good to see they have their priorities straight.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
BB doesn't care about customers for sure, The only thing they care is to ripoff consumers with huge markups.

[quote name='mussady']BB doesn't care about customers for sure, The only thing they care is to ripoff consumers with huge markups.[/QUOTE]
I hear people complain about Best Buy so often online but I've never had a bad experience with them and I've been shopping at Best Buy for probably 10 years. Maybe it helps that the stores I shop at are all very near to their headquarters, who knows but I just don't understand all the hate for Best Buy.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Bestbuy was willing to lose a customer over $3? Nice. Good to see they have their priorities straight.[/QUOTE]

That's the power of having a monopoly. What other B&M can I go to? The abandoned CC?
I hated CC (well, actually just the one by me) but I loved the PM'ing and competition in the ads.

You guys must have crappy Best Buy's. Sure I run into the occasional stupid worker still but the two that I frequent the most (and the 3rd newer one) all hook it up. One let's me price match pretty much anything without a second thought, I even heard they were going to possibly price match Amazon to help out their sales. I convinced another one to let me use a coupon for a $65 gift card with $500 purchase even though I had items that were not eligible.

[quote name='One4Deuce']I hear people complain about Best Buy so often online but I've never had a bad experience with them and I've been shopping at Best Buy for probably 10 years. Maybe it helps that the stores I shop at are all very near to their headquarters, who knows but I just don't understand all the hate for Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

that's bullshit obviously your one of bb's ripoff customers im pretty sure ur a favorite in their list il never buy anything from bb they charge way too much tax il take my business online where most of the things are tax free and shipping as well ur totally getting ripped off at bb i brought madden 10 there for almost $70 i was like wtf! it came out to 66 something thats crap if you ask me almost $100 for a game f that il either buy my games at newegg or amazon or wherever is cheaper but at bb or gamestop hell no

[quote name='rex2745']that's bullshit obviously your one of bb's ripoff customers im pretty sure ur a favorite in their list il never buy anything from bb they charge way too much tax il take my business online where most of the things are tax free and shipping as well ur totally getting ripped off at bb i brought madden 10 there for almost $70 i was like wtf! it came out to 66 something thats crap if you ask me almost $100 for a game f that il either buy my games at newegg or amazon or wherever is cheaper but at bb or gamestop hell no[/QUOTE]
I quit liking Best Buy years ago, but it seems you have a beef with them having to comply with the law. They have to charge you tax. As far as online they have to charge you tax if they operate a building in your state. It is the law.

[quote name='raarar']You guys must have crappy Best Buy's. Sure I run into the occasional stupid worker still but the two that I frequent the most (and the 3rd newer one) all hook it up. One let's me price match pretty much anything without a second thought, I even heard they were going to possibly price match Amazon to help out their sales. I convinced another one to let me use a coupon for a $65 gift card with $500 purchase even though I had items that were not eligible.[/QUOTE]
There are several Best Buys near my house, the closest one is the absolute worst. They refuse alot of price matches and then their salesmen will blatantly lie to you when it comes to the products in an attempt to upsell you. The other one I frequent although out of the way is actually a pleasant experience.

That's why we call it Worst Buys.

I have a still have GC from last year because their deals are so crapppy. Their $10 PC games are the only real deals.

[quote name='decon']That's why we call it Worst Buys.

I have a still have GC from last year because their deals are so crapppy. Their $10 PC games are the only real deals.[/QUOTE]

Those and sometimes they're the only place to find something, like the Street Fighter Anniversary fightpads back when they were rare.

This deal sucks for several reasons though. Not a good price and the exclusion of video game hardware are the first that come to mind.

[quote name='rex2745']that's bullshit obviously your one of bb's ripoff customers im pretty sure ur a favorite in their list il never buy anything from bb they charge way too much tax il take my business online where most of the things are tax free and shipping as well ur totally getting ripped off at bb i brought madden 10 there for almost $70 i was like wtf! it came out to 66 something thats crap if you ask me almost $100 for a game f that il either buy my games at newegg or amazon or wherever is cheaper but at bb or gamestop hell no[/QUOTE]

Dude, it's called tax. Taxes are a part of life and you better get use to them.

Best Buy doesn't set the amount of tax they collect, your city does and it's a combination of loca and state. Some states don't collect point-of-sale sales tax, but they still collect taxes via state income taxes that they take from your payroll check.

I'm all for people getting up in arms and feeling that they need to hate certain retailers, but this has to be one of the worst reasons ever. At this point you might as well point out how much you hate every retailer in your state.

So you live in Chicago, as a quick search of your posts reveal, but don't know about the 10.25% sales tax, one of the highest in the US? Yeah, let's blame Best Buy for your ignorance. If you want to complain about Best Buy, complain about how their sales usually stink (although once in awhile they do have a good one like the $10 video game sale a few months ago). I was in a few yesterday seeing if any still had Disgaea 3 in stock for this weeks PS3 sale, which none did, but I did notice some pretty good prices on televisions, some name brand, some not. Complain about how the reward zone program is changing. Complain about other changes they're making to their policies which makes it harder to price match. Complaining about the sales tax is something you need to take up with your local government, not Best Buy.

bread's done
Back