PS3 Freezing In-Game Accessing Music Tab

blazsox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm guessing this is an issue from the latest Firmware. My PS3 has kept freezing when accessing the Music tab from the XMB while in-game. It has not happened on any other tab but the Music one. I first noticed this when trying to access the Music tab in Midnight Club: LA (Complete Edition). I know the game supports custom soundtracks as I have accessed them before. I believe I did this before the Firmware update but again, not 100% sure.

I tried 4 times, each time it froze. Just for kicks I decided to see if I can access the Music tab while playing 007: Blood Stone. The game doesn't support custom soundtracks but was just curious to see if I can scroll over to it. Low and behold, same problem - system went frozen.

Is anyone else having this issue with their system? When I scroll over to the tab, it freezes within 3-4 seconds, it doesn't even show the music I have in the tab, it's stuck on those loading arrows.

I've found my Slim freezing more since 3.70 as well.

Question: Are they freezes (can quit out via XMB or press the reset button) or are they hard-locks (must yank the power cable it's so bad)?

I've experienced more of both but only two hard-locks and ooh four freezes. The freezing, while not fun, isn't so bad but hard-locking can and will eat HDD data and sure as shit ain't good for the system.

bread's done
Back