PS3 frozen after initial music

torifile

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
My PS3 is frozen. I accidentally unplugged it when it was quitting a game. It wasn't doing a firmware update or anything. It's just sitting there at the wavy line background screen. The waves are moving like it's operational, but it just sits there. Is there anything I can do? The PS3 isn't even a week old!

Ok. I just unplugged it again and started it up by holding the power button, hoping to get into the recovery mode. It beeps once to start up and then once more then it turns off if I keep holding the power button. If I let the button go after the second beep, I get a black screen. Switching the cables to composite doesn't help. W.T.F.?!? I left the 360 because of the crappy hardware and I get this with a 5 day old PS3???!? Any ideas?

I got into the recovery mode some how after trying again and I told it to restore the file system. It said the file system is corrupted and will be restored. I guess I unplugged it at just the wrong time! It's restoring now. Hopefully that'll solve the problem.

I've had the corrupted file system problem before. That was indeed scary, as my PS3 is a first gen 60gig and I can't afford to lose it. And it's funny seeing someone from Durham on here, lol. I used to live very close.

bread's done
Back