PS3 FTW, Outsells 360 and Wii (August 23 - 29, 2009)

Those numbers are so close it's a virtual tie. This week should be a better indicator considering many stores didn't start selling PS3 Slim's until Sept. 1st.

How the hell does the DS still pull those numbers? I mean doesn't everyone in the world have one by now?

[quote name='fhamel']How the hell does the DS still pull those numbers? I mean doesn't everyone in the world have one by now?[/QUOTE]

Probably a majority of those sales are people "upgrading" from DS to DSi

[quote name='fhamel']How the hell does the DS still pull those numbers? I mean doesn't everyone in the world have one by now?[/QUOTE]

I always wondered about the Xbox360 numbers too. Wonder how many units/week were replacements for fried xboxs....

I would be happy if I were MS and Nintendo if that is all I got beat by on the PS3 price drop week. The more interesting numbers will be the oes that come with the slim launch and the 360 price drop.

ps3 is still dead in the water as a console... but it will live on for a long time because of the blu-ray option.

The numbers are suspect as the source is VGC -- I'll be keeping an eye out for the NPD figures until the end of the year.

Still good to see PS3 figures picking up, and this was before the general population (IE people not like us) knew about the price drop as it wasn't tied with any kind of marketing campaign.

in 6 days it outsold the 360 by 1,000 units???

while microsoft is making profit on each 360 sold Sony is still lossing money on each PS3 sold even the slim

Winners!!

Sony lossing Billions as company thanks to the PS3.

lets celebrate our 1 week victory!!

And from 8-23 to 8-29

Most of these were PS3 Fats that got returned for SLIM's So Sony losses money what will they do with all the unwanted returned FATS??

I'm confused. There were times when it seemed like you really wanted a PS3. Lately, you seem to be totally against it. Or maybe I'm just confusing you with someone else.. :whistle2:?

I'm surprised to see the Wii numbers drop so much. Although it does make sense considering that everyone who wanted a Wii already has one.

[quote name='Invin']I'm confused. There were times when it seemed like you really wanted a PS3. Lately, you seem to be totally against it. Or maybe I'm just confusing you with someone else.. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]
That's him. He just wants to troll for attention, so just ignore him.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's him. He just wants to troll for attention, so just ignore him.[/QUOTE]

QFT, Frisky, Q.F.T.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's him. He just wants to troll for attention, so just ignore him.[/QUOTE]

His trolling sucks though. It isn't funny or entertaining. It's actually kinda sad.

It's minuscule but it's only showing a huge upwards trend. This happened when the mainstream didn't really know about the price drop and the word is getting more out and out.

[quote name='Paco']His trolling sucks though. It isn't funny or entertaining. It's actually kinda sad.[/QUOTE]

I like how he says fats. FATS. As if he's going to hurt the old consoles feelings.

BTW Had the PS3 slim a week and happy to say it is an awesome little machine. Although I would imagine setting up some of the finer technical aspects might be over the head of the average consumer. There really is alot of functionality and options hidden in the menus.

Why would Cnet quote VGChartz? Has that website ever been correct about anything? If I am wrong and vgchartz has gotten better let me know (I haven't looked at it in a long time), but if it's anything like it used to be we still know absolutely nothing about sales as far as I'm concerned.

Do the actual numbers for august come out this week or next?

bread's done
Back