PS3 Game Recommendations?

JosephD1014

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey... I just won a PS3 from the awesome folks over at Goozex... so I was wondering if you guys could suggest some good PS3 games?

I don't really like sports games - everything else is awesome though
Local multiplayer games are the best as I'm typically playing w/ my girlfriend when I'm on a console - my single player games tend to collect dust (poor Overlord and Bioshock)

So... any suggestions? :) :bouncy:

Local MP games I have and like: Eye of Judgement, Calling All cars, Warhawk
SP games I love: Ratchet and Clank ToD, Uncharted

If you are looking for a game you and your girlfriend can play, pick up PixelJunk Monsters on the PSN. Actually, you might wait til next thursday when the expansion(and I would assume bundle) comes out. It's the only game my girlfriend will play on the playstation.

Did you forget GTA 4, and GTA 4? But really GTA 4, MLB 08, and MGS when it comes out.
DLC: Pixel Junk Monsters, Echocrhome, superstar dust HD, pain, puzzle fighter.

Yeah, basically most the exclusives are single player. Except I just remembered that Resistance has a local 2 player co-op. Decent game and can be gotten cheap now.

Your best bet like most are saying is to visit the Playstation Store.

PixelJunk Monsters is a great co-op game.
Calling All Cars is multiplayer VS.
High Velocity Bowling is multiplayer VS.
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 HD is multiplayer HD.
Super Stardust HD is great and has a Co-op mode.

.... and that's just what I own. There's also great SP stuff on there too.

Worth Buying:

Folklore
Uncharted
Warhawk
GTA4

Worth Renting:
Ratchet and Clank
Heavenly Sword

Worth Nothing:
Unreal Tournament 3

[quote name='w00t_culafi']assassins creed@30$ new @ gamestop[/quote]

ditto, even tho I heard mixed reviews on it, I think it is a great game (graphics are the best I have seen so far...)

also don't forget COD4 (best game still IMO)

resistance fall of man, motorstorm, warhawk(online only game but damn worth the money), folklore

and why is it when i make a thread like this asking for recommendations my threads get moved to the newbie guide, but when someone else does it stays? it makes no sense

[quote name='cartman58']If you are looking for a game you and your girlfriend can play, pick up PixelJunk Monsters on the PSN. Actually, you might wait til next thursday when the expansion(and I would assume bundle) comes out. It's the only game my girlfriend will play on the playstation.[/quote]

thanks.. I need more games to play w/ my GF.. she loves Simpsons game lol

[quote name='w00t_culafi']Remember though if she wants a bad game: If you get tang, dont complain[/quote]

Hah - actually she listens a bit more before getting a game if I say it's bad ever since she wasted her money paying full price for 'Happy Feet' on the Wii (she loves penguins and both her brother and I were unable to talk her out of it)

Thanks so much for the suggestions everyone :) If anyone else has some good multiplayer games to suggest please keep them coming :)

bread's done
Back