PS3 Gamersite: Wednesday Night Warfare

Lynsanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This thread is about psnpals.com, the online social network for Playstation Gamers. Thanks to Everyone that has joined so far. We are over the 50 member mark after one month.

psnpals.com

Events: Wednesday Night Warfare: Worms 5:00 PM Eastern - 2:00 PM Eastern

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cochesecochese']Sweeeeeet. Now I can use my PS3 as bait to hook up with chunky middle aged guys posing as chicks that love party games.[/quote]

fixed for accuracy

Funny, but inaccurate. It may not always be the case, but every female on the site is 100% female and real. Now, I can't say that some of you more pervy guys will not try to pose as a female to pacify some deeply or not so deeply rooted desire to cross dress, or let the woman living inside you run free, but as of this date, March 20, 2009 all women are women.

[quote name='Lynsanity']Funny, but inaccurate. It may not always be the case, but every female on the site is 100% female and real. Now, I can't say that some of you more pervy guys will not try to pose as a female to pacify some deeply or not so deeply rooted desire to cross dress, or let the woman living inside you run free, but as of this date, March 20, 2009 all women are women.[/quote]

Look, since this is likely to turn into a flame fest, I'll give you the one bit of non flame first. (1) While I, personally, disagree with a need for a site such as yours, I'm sure there are people out there who will use it. Unfortunately, those that find a need for a site that's like facebook, but centered around PS3 are not likely to garner many friends in real life (IRL, lolz!!!). They're the awkward unsocialized people who have a hard time saying hi to anything that isn't using a keyboard. At least they'll all be congregated in one place, so we know what to avoid. (2) Unless all the female registrants on the site live in your household or are people you have physically met (not webcamz!!! OMGzz!11!) there is no way for you to verify the validity of your statement.

So stop trying to defend the site like a moron and let it stand up for itself. Either its a good idea and will take off or its a stupid idea and it'll shut itself down when the funds for hosting the site run out.

So yes, I stick to my comments of guys posing as girls unless you want to out yourself as having registered your sister, mom, neighbor, and lab partner. Which will it be? :roll:

edit: I won't edit my post I just made, but I will make a semi apology. I just noticed you have been registered with CAG since 2004, so at the very least, you aren't some random FW asshat who just registered to make a stupid post. For that you get some credibility, but the website does not.

[quote name='Warner1281']Look, since this is likely to turn into a flame fest, I'll give you the one bit of non flame first. (1) While I, personally, disagree with a need for a site such as yours, I'm sure there are people out there who will use it. Unfortunately, those that find a need for a site that's like facebook, but centered around PS3 are not likely to garner many friends in real life (IRL, lolz!!!). They're the awkward unsocialized people who have a hard time saying hi to anything that isn't using a keyboard. At least they'll all be congregated in one place, so we know what to avoid. (2) Unless all the female registrants on the site live in your household or are people you have physically met (not webcamz!!! OMGzz!11!) there is no way for you to verify the validity of your statement.

So stop trying to defend the site like a moron and let it stand up for itself. Either its a good idea and will take off or its a stupid idea and it'll shut itself down when the funds for hosting the site run out.

So yes, I stick to my comments of guys posing as girls unless you want to out yourself as having registered your sister, mom, neighbor, and lab partner. Which will it be? :roll:

edit: I won't edit my post I just made, but I will make a semi apology. I just noticed you have been registered with CAG since 2004, so at the very least, you aren't some random FW asshat who just registered to make a stupid post. For that you get some credibility, but the website does not.[/QUOTE]

I created this website for people that like games, but don't have a lot of gaming friends. It is probably going to be used by more casual gamers than hardcore. I know that most of the people here may not want to join a friendsite. CAG, and places like it, are good enough.

There are other gamers, like myself, that are more selective with the people they game with. I am not really into competing. I just want to kick back and play friendly games. I like specific types of games as well. My hope is that by creating this site I am able to help people find specific gaming partners. Nothing more, nothing less.

The women in question are gamers I know from various points in my life. The ones I don't are friends of those same gamers. That is why I made the 100% female and 100% real statement. As far as this being an Otaku, or stay at home with out interacting with society, network goes, I don't know how things will play out. Most of the people that I have encountered have been fully functioning adults. Perhaps some of the future users will fit your description, but so far these are just normal people that happen to play games.

My final thought is this: I understand where you are coming from, and it may seem as if I am trying to spam the boards to promote a new website. In some sense it is true. Not the spamming part, but the promotion thing. I want this to get out there because I think it's a good thing. I am not charging anyone anything, and truthfully, no one clicks on the ads anyway. I am doing this because I feel that it can be a good thing for some of us. Maybe not all of us, but that's ok.

And while I know it is not your cup of tea, I appreciate you talking to me with class and integrity. I would not mind you, and people like you being a part of this. I think having a diverse selection of people makes it better for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Created groups for Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, NBA 2k, and Rocketmen: Axis of Evil. Not really the most popular games, but games that I am looking to play online. Any one with these games please feel free to sign up.

[quote name='Lynsanity']Created groups for Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, NBA 2k, and Rocketmen: Axis of Evil. Not really the most popular games, but games that I am looking to play online. Any one with these games please feel free to sign up.[/quote]

Cool, playing 4 player M:UA is fun and reminiscent of the old arcade days. I've been playing off-line -- does online use the same save data? Do people playing online use their own characters or do they have to use the host's characters?

I don't have an answer for you. I have not played in a while. My new copy will be in next week. I will be able to tell you more then. Who do you usually play with? My first few play throughs were with Blade. Nikki and I beat it online once.

Nikki is already signed up. I am expecting another couple guys from another forum to sign up as well. What other games do you have, or would you play online? We can start groups for those also.

I play Dr. Strange and my fiancée plays Iceman. We haven't gotten around to completing it; last time we played we finished the Asgard stages. I won't be able to play anytime soon because of upcoming travel, but the networked games I play are that, LBP, and Rock Band 2. I'd be interested in playing those online on a casual, 1 or 2x evening per week basis.

We can play whenever you get back. If you and your fiance are not signed up yet, please do so, and add Nikki and Me as friends. She usually plays as Ms Marvel or Storm. I should be able to answer your questions next week.

The other games are doible as well. Once you are signed up I will be able to send you both invitations to all the groups.

[quote name='rvdrock']Seems cool I may sign up, beats playing with randoms...lol[/QUOTE]

I agree. That is one thing I have always disliked about playing online. Everything is just luck of the draw. If you are lucky you can find decent people to play with, but for the most part, you are just going to find a bunch of foul mouthed psychobrats.

I win sometimes. I lose sometimes, but I always try to do everything with class. I once got blown out by 40 points in a Basketball game (Played online without ever playing offline to hone my skills.). Still I was respectful, and I actually had a pretty decent conversation with the guy. I want more of that. The sportmanship, not the losing.

Thank you, Break Point. In the coming months we are hoping to have many exciting contests and activities. The first 2 weeks have been fruitful, as we have had 35 gamers join, and we have a small, but growing core of gamers already making friends and playing online.

The first post initially told about the site and was a call to anyone that wanted to join a PS3 gamer site. I have since changed the first post and the title of the Thread. I will have to put something back in the initial post so it remains OT...

Less than 24 hours away. We are expecting at least 10 players tomorrow night. You WILL be able to find a game tomorrow night. Also, We will soon Start up Online Demo Night. Mulitiplayer Online demos FTW.

Wednesday Warfare is only 3 hours away. I will be online right at 5:00 Eastern. A few other members will be popping off and on throughout.

I want to thank everyone that played last night. I think I played more games last night than I have the entire time I have had the game. We will have to hook something up for next week.

bread's done
Back