PS3 games suddenly only displayed in 480p?

icruise

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I was partway through upgrading my PS3's hard disk from 20GB to 320GB yesterday when I realized that in order to back up my game saves I would need a separate USB hard disk in addition to the new hard disk and USB enclosure that I had bought, so I put everything back. In the course of finding this out, I had put in the new disk and started up the system once, but then I put the original untouched disk back in.

Well ever since then I've had a problem where games are apparently displayed in 480p. Text is blurry and the graphics look bad, with jaggies and the like. The system menu (Cross Media Bar) looks normal, but as soon as I start up a game, it looks like crap. I had been playing Little Big Planet just before, so I noticed the change right away. I also tried booting into Assassin's Creed, and it was the same. I turned off the system and fiddled with the cable, and the next time I tried Assassin's Creed it was fine. But when I put Little Big Planet back in, it was still 480p, and so was Oblivion. I haven't had time to do a lot of experimenting, but does anyone know what might be causing this? I'm using component cables on an HDTV. I've tried all of the settings on the "Display Settings" screen and it doesn't seem to help.

bread's done
Back