PS3 games & XMB keep shifting gamma after HS demo

collector42

CAGiversary!
I have a 60GB PS3 that is connected to a 32" Toshiba CRT via component. I swear I never noticed this before playing the Heavenly sword demo...

It is most evident while playing the HS demo. Every time a cinema scene changes shots the brightness, or gamma seems to alter. Darker. then Lighter. Darker, then lighter. Drives me insane.

It looks like a slow or lazzy-assed auto-iris on a projector, but it gets it wrong all the time. too dark, too light. This also happens while scrolling the XMB.

I don't notice it during blu-ray movies, nor with any other console. I took my PS3 to a friends place and tried it on component and HDMI on his Optoma HD72 projector. Same thing.

Is this a known bug? anyone else expieriencing this? I think I had to update to v1.9 to grab the HS demo, so maybe that's when things changed?

I'm worried my ps3 is a dud, and I really wanted to get in while the 60GB was still around (for the EE chip, price, etc).

Anyone else see this? have a solution? Thanks a lot!

not sure if this applies to component cables, but do you have the RGB settings set to "Full" (under the display settings)?

thanks for the suggestion. =)

I almost positive I've tried it both ways -- Full and...Auto? I haven't hooked it back up since taking it my friends place. I'll double check that...

any other thoughts?

bread's done
Back