ps3 gathering dust :(

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!
1st i'll say some of the best games i played on my ps3 (cough demon souls) so im not some fanboy lol. but honestly i havnt seen much since ff13.

as of late steam and a lot of the multiplayer xbox live games seem to consume much of my time. not really seeing much drawing me to my ps3 atm. anyways are there any good ps3 games coming up? :)

I just bought a PS3 several weeks ago. Here are the games that I bought (obviously some are 1 or 2 years old):

-Uncharted
-Uncharted 2
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
-inFamous
-Killzone 2
-Little Big Planet

If you don't have any of those games, I recommend you try them out.

[quote name='Kevfactor']1st i'll say some of the best games i played on my ps3 (cough demon souls) so im not some fanboy lol. but honestly i havnt seen much since ff13.
[/QUOTE]

Aye it's been a bit of a drought for me personally as well. I play a ton of SSFIV in the meantime, but haven't had an actual game to play since FFXIII.
I was looking forward to Castlevania:LoD but the new gameplay videos aren't looking too stellar to me.

There's nothing coming in between now and GT5 that interests me :cry: -- but at least the PSP has been picking up the slack.

[quote name='RC-101']I just bought a PS3 several weeks ago. Here are the games that I bought (obviously some are 1 or 2 years old):

-Uncharted
-Uncharted 2
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
-inFamous
-Killzone 2
-Little Big Planet

If you don't have any of those games, I recommend you try them out.[/QUOTE]

I just got one 2 or so weeks ago as well,

I picked up (some are still on the way)

Infamous (the only one on my list I have finished, loved it)
Resistance (just started it)
Resistance 2
Far Cry 2
Motorstorm (the first one, el cheapo)
Little Big Planet: Game of the Year
Folklore (up next)
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Does appear to be a dry spell to me too, luckily I just got it so I can play the back catalog of great games.

Really? What games do you have for the PS3? I've got so many games I can't finish them all...

i played most of those. =p

i admit i havnt done gow 3 or infamous but honestly after darksiders, bayonetta, demon souls, 1.5 of the gow collection, and ninja giden 2(which is the best one out of all of em hehe) im sort of action game out :)

[quote name='Kevfactor']i played most of those. =p

i admit i havnt done gow 3 or infamous but honestly after darksiders, bayonetta, demon souls, 1.5 of the gow collection, and ninja giden 2(which is the best one out of all of em hehe) im sort of action game out :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should give Hard Rain a try. I played the demo last week and it feels like a slower paced game with its primary focus being on the story.

was thinking about that one! i do need to finish up demon souls too lol. im just sort of taking a break from it because im doing a big dragon age run on my pc then rdr on my xbox , then the up coming sc2 hehe. but after that im going to be out of games again.

my profile is kevfactor2 btw(MGs 4 and ninja giden sigma no trophies grr!)

Get your Portable ID!

not really a platium guy btw hehe , i finish a game and i move on. only platinum i may consider is Demon souls because that game is so hardcore. :)

my backlog is too long to have a dry spell. Need to finish Valkyria Chronicles and with Starcraft II coming out next week, all my free time are gone.

I just bought 3d dot game hero, Assassins Creed 2, I bought Red Dead Redemption and I haven't even opened it... I still have Final Fantasy XIII unopened along with Red Faction and Fear. I have Dante's inferno and Batman which I've started but need to finish. I was doing good finishing up my games... but I've been working more, and that's slowed me wayyyyyy down.

[quote name='8bitArtist']i play my ps3 almost every day but it still gathers dust on top.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, the thing's a damned dust magnet.

LittleBigPlanet
Wipeout HD
3D Dot Game Heroes
Modnation Racers
Both Uncharted games
God of War III
Heavy Rain
Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time
Trine
MAG

[quote name='rainking187']Seriously, the thing's a damned dust magnet.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, electronics actually gather more dust when used, rather than when they sit idle.
Anytime you have an electrical current, you have magnetism. While this magnetism isnt large, given the small size of dust particles, it is significant enough to attract them when in operation.

I imagine people saying their game system is collecting dust is a bit idiomatic at this point.

That said, I picked up Ferrari Challenge a few days ago. I believe its MSRP is down to $20 and it is an excellent holdover until GT5 and F1 2010. It has trophies for those interested. Although, dont listen to the box, it never received DLC so the car selection is a bit limited.

[quote name='Kevfactor']was thinking about that one! i do need to finish up demon souls too lol. im just sort of taking a break from it because im doing a big dragon age run on my pc then rdr on my xbox , then the up coming sc2 hehe. but after that im going to be out of games again.

not really a platium guy btw hehe , i finish a game and i move on. only platinum i may consider is Demon souls because that game is so hardcore. :)[/QUOTE]

There are some really good PSN games out there too. I didn't buy any of the ones I have, but I have like 20 or so, and quite a few of them are really good. I particularly enjoyed Magic Orbz and Hyperballoid HD. Those two are a fun break while you're in the middle of other games. I played them a lot when I was going for the GOW collection platinum trophies. I'd get tired and want a break from the action, so I'd flip those games on. Also, I think Trine and Deathspank are very good (don't have them yet).

Also, there are a few JRPGs that just came out for PS3, you could play them.

[quote name='Kevfactor']was thinking about that one! i do need to finish up demon souls too lol. im just sort of taking a break from it because im doing a big dragon age run on my pc then rdr on my xbox , then the up coming sc2 hehe. but after that im going to be out of games again.

my profile is kevfactor2 btw(MGs 4 and ninja giden sigma no trophies grr!)

Get your Portable ID!

not really a platium guy btw hehe , i finish a game and i move on. only platinum i may consider is Demon souls because that game is so hardcore. :)[/QUOTE]

If you haven't played RDR yet, then you don't need to worry about what you'll be playing next for quite a while. That game is awesome. The story and ending was phenomenal. There's so much to do in single player. I'm not a big fan of the competitive multiplayer, but co-op is a lot of fun.

I'm in the same boat OP. My 360 has become my main system(something I never thought would happen). I just started playing Heavy Rain the other day it is really good, the last ps3 game I played was God of War 3(disk). Joe Danger(PSN store) is pretty fun as well.

I use my Xbox 360 to do most of my gaming, but i do use my PS3 for a lot of entertainment like video and music.

Agreed with the OP. I mostly use my PS3 for exclusives, so it's pretty much a Demon's Souls machine for me. That said, I'd recommend 3D Dot Game Heroes and Valkyria Chronicles as games that are 1) PS3 only; 2) cheap; 3) good; and 4) *slightly* under the radar, so you may not have played them.

Got these at the GS sale.

Unreal Tournament III - $4
Resistance 2 - $10
Motorstorm - $5

bunch of 2008 sports games - like $2 - $4 each

ended up with 8 games under $35. I'd reccomend that route

I barely touch my PS3, and when I do, it's usually to play Bluray's from Netflix.

I only buy PS3 exclusive games for the system, so I don't have a million games for it. I need to get back to Demon's Souls though. I stopped playing that to play Red Dead Redemption on my 360. I think my wife is using the PS3 to play FF XIII, but she may have given that up.

I was thinking about downloading Joe Danger, as I heard it was crazy fun.

Ditto, OP. Last thing I put in my PS3 was Heavy Rain, which is fantastic.. but.. yeah. I use my 360 for multiplatform games; I prefer the controller.

I just got Demon's Souls and FF13 plus Little Big Planet GOTY is coming next week. Currently, playing RDR and still have Darksiders, Brutal Legend, Folklore, MGS 4, Ratchet and Clank TOD, Resistance 1 and 2, DMC 4, Dead Space, Valkyria Chronicles, Saints Row 2, Burnout Paradise, and a couple others. I have Dragon Age, Fallout GOTY, Borderlands, The Witcher, and others for my pc. I used to own a :360: but, got tired of them dying.

[quote name='Puffa469']I barely touch my PS3, and when I do, it's usually to play Bluray's from Netflix.

I only buy PS3 exclusive games for the system, so I don't have a million games for it. I need to get back to Demon's Souls though. I stopped playing that to play Red Dead Redemption on my 360. I think my wife is using the PS3 to play FF XIII, but she may have given that up.

I was thinking about downloading Joe Danger, as I heard it was crazy fun.[/QUOTE]

I also only buy exclusives for the PS3. I've only had the PS3 for about a month, but I already know that if a multiplayer game comes out for the 360 and PS3, I'll get it for the 360. The online experience is much better with Xbox, but the PS3 has some very good exclusives.

[quote name='RC-101']Maybe you should give Hard Rain a try. I played the demo last week and it feels like a slower paced game with its primary focus being on the story.[/QUOTE]
hard_rain_ver1.jpg

bread's done
Back