ps3 greatest hits?

Haven't heard anything but it seems like it'll be at least started by the holidays with a few of the launch titles. Sony really needs a line of cheap PS3 games to entice buyers... by this time last year I had picked up a few 360 games for under $19.99 which made my decision to get the system really easy once I found a good deal. Sony needs something similar to lower the cost of entry...

One thing for sure: they'll find a way to make them visually unappealing in order to entice you to buy the game before it goes GH. the red stripe on the PS2 wasn't as bad as the neon green of the PSX games, but still bothersome.

Perhaps the vertical "Playstation 3" stripe on the left side of the front will be red, along with the spine? I dunno, but I'm not looking forward to it. As a matter of fact, I bought Syphon Filter for $15 (PSP) the other day based on the fact that the GH label was a sticker on the plastic wrap.

[quote name='Gourd']A Greatest Hits selection would be greatly welcomed by me. Perhaps a GH Resistance.[/QUOTE]

Here, here! I can't really justify spending $60 on an 6-8 month old game (Resistance, Motorstorm, Riiiiiiiidge Racer!) but I need something to play other than demos, PS2 games and Tekken 5 DR.

I know about Enchanted Arms being 19.99 but I haven't been able to play through an RPG in years. I think the last one I beat was KOTOR and that was back in 2004. I was getting into FF XII but about 17 hours in, I just lost the drive. I came close to beating DDS 1 back in '05 but my memory card got hungry and devoured all the saves on it.

It'd be a welcome addition to the lineup... but I suspect they're going to wait until they've got more in the stable. I bet, as it has been said already, Christmas will see their launch lineup going GH or "Special Pricing" to boost the oh-so-important Christmas rush sales.

Unless the game's on my "list of games I'm eagerly awaiting"... I usually wait for a decent used price, or the first drop in price.

I was able to find Enchanted Arms for $10 at the local Hastings. It's a bit slow to start, but I'm moving along in it and it's starting to pick up. I take forever to complete RPG's these days. :) Thank goodness for online guides so I can figure out where I left off. :)

there's not much to make greatest hit right now... but ridge racer, call of duty 8, resistance would be some good first selections for greatest hits.

I see about 4 or 5 games in an initial GH lineup. I hope that they price them lower than 29.99 like microsoft, in an attempt to get more sales.

RR7 has been $40 for some time now, but I would think Motorstorm might go greatest hits when the new 80gb bundle goes on sale next month. Also, there are at least a couple new FPS coming out in the next couple months (Haze, UT3) so you wouldn't think Resistance would stay at full price for much longer.

Well, theres always Enchanted arms, which seems to have had a universal drop to $20. A lot of people say its a bad game, but i loved it, only J-RPG we have on the PS3 i believe.

If they do GH games, I am hoping they just use a GH sticker that you can easily pull off of the games cases. To hell with all that red label shit, and making them look so bad that you will pay more for a non gh version. I don't know how many time I did this with PS2 games and hope they are smart with PS3 games and do this.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']If they do GH games, I am hoping they just use a GH sticker that you can easily pull off of the games cases. To hell with all that red label shit, and making them look so bad that you will pay more for a non gh version. I don't know how many time I did this with PS2 games and hope they are smart with PS3 games and do this.[/quote]

Based on your comment, wouldn't it be smarter to make them ugly again? If I were in charge, as a business person, I would make them ugly again to force persons to pay more if they want the "prettier" version.

I don't see them doing it until probably next year, since there's the need for the games to be out nine months first. I'd imagine that Resistance and Motorstorm would be some of the first titles to be on the initial list.

I couldn't really care about the look of the GH's themselves, it's the games inside that matter, not the cover.

[quote name='Wlogan31']Based on your comment, wouldn't it be smarter to make them ugly again? If I were in charge, as a business person, I would make them ugly again to force persons to pay more if they want the "prettier" version.[/QUOTE]

No, because they don't make a profit when I buy the "prettier" versions from sites such as oh I don't know Cag?

It's been almost two months since the last post in this thread. Anyone hear any rumors? I'd love to grab some of the launch games I missed out on, but not a full price. I'm going out of my way to buy new to add to the PS3 sales/support/numbers/etc. Same with Blu-ray. But I need some damn drops, lol. $60 (or even $50) isn't a sneezable amount.

They system needs some GH games, Call of Duty should drop soon with the new one coming out in a little over a month. Resistances was a release game which I might pick up if the price was right, 24.99 or less, same with a bunch of other games.

Also about the whole label thing, as soon as it drops and I want it, I'll look for one without the GH label. And if I can't find one, I'll just keep looking till I do, since if it wasn't important for me to buy at full price, it won't be for me to get it later just because I might like it, and have the ugly label also.

Motorstorm as a GH would be nice, but other than that, I have CoD3 on 360 which is the proper system for it anyway, got Resistance because I needed something to play on this machine, and that's pretty much it.

I'm new to the Playstation world, does Sony base the GH line on sales(like Nintendo) or just pick random titles to rebrand?

If it's based on sales it could be awhile since Resistance and Motorstorm are the only million sellers.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm new to the Playstation world, does Sony base the GH line on sales(like Nintendo) or just pick random titles to rebrand?

If it's based on sales it could be awhile since Resistance and Motorstorm are the only million sellers.[/QUOTE]Sales. On PS1/PS2, a game had to sell 400k. On PSP, it has to sell 250k.
[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Motorstorm as a GH would be nice, but other than that, I have CoD3 on 360 which is the proper system for it anyway, got Resistance because I needed something to play on this machine, and that's pretty much it.[/QUOTE]Resistance destroys CoD3.

GH would be sweet. Why not a light blue color to represent the GH. I didn't care for the Red, but I thought the green for PS1 was pretty good.

Resistance is the ideal GH, but let's be realistic, they will want to keep charging $59.99 for that until at least 2008. It would move a few more system at $29.99. I'm not seeing PS3 GHs at $19.99, except in maybe some rare instances.

Do you guys think Sony will start doing $49.99 releases like how PS2 games were pretty much all moved to $39.99 (or it seemed like it).

[quote name='freshzen']Do you guys think Sony will start doing $49.99 releases like how PS2 games were pretty much all moved to $39.99 (or it seemed like it).[/quote]
About as much of a chance of MS doing it for Halo 3 and Mass Effect.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']In order to have a greatests hits, you have to release games for your system[/quote]

In order to have greatest hits, your system cant RROD every month... wait nevermind

Sony can't possibly fuck up a greatest hits case as much as Microsoft did on the 360. I got Dead Rising and the damn cover art was both reduced in size AND cropped.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Sony can't possibly fuck up a greatest hits case as much as Microsoft did on the 360. I got Dead Rising and the damn cover art was both reduced in size AND cropped.[/QUOTE]
Sure they could. All they'd have to do is put a PS3 logo on it.:lol:

bread's done
Back