PS3 Greatest Hits?

Ashground

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I stopped in at the EB at St. Vital / Winnipeg last night to pick up a cheap copy of Resistance for PS3 (hoping to score it used for a couple dollars cheaper), but was told that no price drop had taken place (yes, they scanned the game to make sure). I ran down to HMV, and none of the GH games had dropped in price, either. I thought the GH prices were supposed to go active yesterday? I haven't seen any of the red GH cases, yet, but the prices on those titles should already be in effect, non? Has anyone had any luck? I know it was advertised in the RCSS flyer, but it seems strange that they'd be the only ones to reflect the price change.

Edit: Best Buy isn't showing the new prices, either, even though they're displaying the GH cases:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10075762&catid=24370

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing by the lack of replies in this thread, Greatest Hits have been scarce, if not lacking in Canada so far. I can't wait for them to come.

Actually, any recommendations from anyone?
I've already got Warhawk and Resistance and I hated Assassin's Creed. But the reduced price for a game is just too hard to pass on, especially with the boredom I've been experiencing at home.

They're on the flyer for FS for this coming Friday, so they're guaranteed to be there. Don't expect too many copies though, and expect the regular non-cheap-red-ugly label branded games to still be more expensive than the GH versions.

Found "Resistance" (new + non-gh) at eb for $29.99 this morning! This price seemed to be in effect since yesterday...

:D

[quote name='TheCurse9']Found "Resistance" (new + non-gh) at eb for $29.99 this morning! This price seemed to be in effect since yesterday...

:D[/quote]
Nice, I might go pick up Uncharted: Drakes Fortune now.

[quote name='Sousanator']Nice, I might go pick up Uncharted: Drakes Fortune now.[/quote]

Uncharted is not a Greatest Hit title yet.

Just confirmed $29.99 prices for the GH titles at EB. No red cases yet, though. Oddly enough, I think I'd rather pick them up with red cases. I have no idea why, especially since I've avoided GH cases like the plague for my PS1 and PS2. But nobody's seen a red case in Canada yet, right? Maybe we'll see some before the weekend.

[quote name='Ashground']Just confirmed $29.99 prices for the GH titles at EB. No red cases yet, though. Oddly enough, I think I'd rather pick them up with red cases. I have no idea why, especially since I've avoided GH cases like the plague for my PS1 and PS2. But nobody's seen a red case in Canada yet, right? Maybe we'll see some before the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Looks like someone is still channeling HD-DVD love.

[quote name='Sousanator']I could have sworn I saw it in Sony's E3 presentation[/quote]

It's a Greatest Hit in some of the other territories (Europe or South America I think), but not here.

Woo! Now that the prices have finally dropped, I decided to nab a copy of Resistance on my lunch break. I ran over to Zellers, where there was a whole stack of them, for the low, low price of $69.99.

O_O

Okay, so the prices might not be in effect EVERYWHERE. Just my luck that EB was out of stock.

[quote name='Ashground']Woo! Now that the prices have finally dropped, I decided to nab a copy of Resistance on my lunch break. I ran over to Zellers, where there was a whole stack of them, for the low, low price of $69.99.

O_O

Okay, so the prices might not be in effect EVERYWHERE. Just my luck that EB was out of stock.[/quote]

I don't think the Zellers flyer comes into effect until Saturday... :roll:

:lol:

Microplay dropped the price of Resistance Fall of Man to $29.99 new and $19.99 used. Just got their newsletter.

I hear great things about Resistance but really I'm only interested in Uncharted right now. When that goes GH, I'll probably pick it up. Heavenly Sword is a maybe.

[quote name='Rocky071']I hear great things about Resistance but really I'm only interested in Uncharted right now. When that goes GH, I'll probably pick it up. Heavenly Sword is a maybe.[/quote]

Uncharted is awesome. Heavenly Sword is fun, way too short though. Voice acting and cutscenes are great in that game... Actually, the same can be said for Uncharted too but HS's are better.

Something about Resistance bugs me, I hated the single player campaign. I actually stopped after the second or third mission/chapter.

I told one of the guys at my Rogers Video about it today and he changed the stickers on Resistance, Motorstorm & Warhawk to $29.99. I picked up one of the copies of Resistance and he picked up the other. I've never played Resistance hopefully it's good.

I might pick up Resistance since Resistance 2 looks to be a hot game. I was expecting Folklore to be in the greatest hits collection, I guess I'll have to wait.

Anyone seen Oblivion Greatest Hit??? I've checked EB,HMV,Walmart,BB,FS and even the Sony Store. None to be found.

[quote name='Siggy Stardust HD']I might pick up Resistance since Resistance 2 looks to be a hot game. I was expecting Folklore to be in the greatest hits collection, I guess I'll have to wait.[/QUOTE]

Folklore is $30 at a few places, namely Gamestop and Wal-Mart (in store only.)

[quote name='supergrover99']Has anyone been able to find Ninja Gaiden Sigma anywhere for this price?[/quote]

Saw this at a HMV. It was $39.99 for greatest hit (red box). I thought all GH titles were $29.99?

[quote name='MaxOD']Saw this at a HMV. It was $39.99 for greatest hit (red box). I thought all GH titles were $29.99?[/quote]

It's HMV
they like to in their own little world with prices sometimes

I have nothing to add on the topic except for that I shop at the St. Vital EB as well. It's nice to know there's someone else in the area so we can let each other know if deals are active.

[quote name='whoknows']Folklore is $30 at a few places, namely Gamestop and Wal-Mart (in store only.)[/quote]

Quoi? Walmart's price for Folklore is $59.99 (Winnipeg). I have never, ever seen it for $30, anywhere. If anyone has, please let me know.

[quote name='Ashground']Quoi? Walmart's price for Folklore is $59.99 (Winnipeg). I have never, ever seen it for $30, anywhere. If anyone has, please let me know.[/quote]

US-only I think.

I've been seeing the new prices everywhere now, most of the time on black labels with "greatest hits" stickers along the top. I saw my first true red label today, and I take back everything I said about liking the red cases. I was picturing a nice, dark, translucent red, almost clones of HD-DVD cases. They're not. They're hideous, bright, and opaque. I'll stick to black labels as much as I can, thank you.

bread's done
Back