PS3 HD Cable Question

optimusprime

CAGiversary!
After buying a PS3, I realize that it only comes with a composite hook up. Could anyone out there point me towards a good, cheap HD cable alternative to hook it up to my HDTV? It can be on-line or in-store. I'd like to get it ASAP, but if its significantly cheaper to order on-line, I can wait.
Thanks in advance for any responses.

[quote name='dpatel']If your TV supports HDMI, go to monoprice.com and get the cheapest HDMI cables you can find.[/QUOTE]
And make sure it's long enough for your gaming setup

Thanks for the responses dpatel and anonymous. I'm seeing a lot of really cheap generic HDMI cables on ebay for around $10 or less. Will I get considerably less quality with these? Are they any worse than what I'd find at a store ($50-100) or monoprice.com? Also, are pretty much all HDMI cables compatible with the PS3, or am I looking for something specific. Thanks again.

monoprice is even cheaper than what you're finding on eBay. HDMI is a digital cable so it's either good or it's not. Get it from monoprice. You won't be sorry. They have good quality stuff. I got a 6' cable for $5 and it's heavy gauge and feels very well made. Any of these will work just fine.

[quote name='torifile']monoprice is even cheaper than what you're finding on eBay. HDMI is a digital cable so it's either good or it's not. Get it from monoprice. You won't be sorry. They have good quality stuff. I got a 6' cable for $5 and it's heavy gauge and feels very well made. Any of these will work just fine.[/QUOTE]

Is this the one you got?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1023104&p_id=2404&seq=1&format=2&style=

I assume this will work with the PS3 then?

Yea, quality will be the same for all HDMI cables, so don't rip yourself off with $40 HDMI cables. They are digital (similar to USB cables). You'll get the same result no matter what the price.

bread's done
Back