ps3 hdmi help [Use PS3 FAQ's Thread Above]

Status
Not open for further replies.

x2k-one

CAGiversary!
hi

im planing in buying a ps3 and i see that the hdmi cost 80-100 bucks and there is 10-20 bucks.. whats the difference??

From what I've heard is that there is no difference between brands of HDMI. Some companies like "dressing" them up to look nicer or to appear higher quality.

I bought an HDMI to DVI cable(for my monitor) at monoprice for around $7 shipped. I've had no problems with it for nearly two years.

I bought a bunch of cables from monoprice.com. All work well, a few hdmi, hdmi to dvi, a dvi switch. I can't recommend them enough for the price. Yea, you're paying for retail convenience and labeling, for those people who either don't care or have too much money on their hands and want it now. The PS3 uses a standard hdmi cable, so putting PS3 on it doesn't mean anything since it's not a properity slot like the a/v cables use.

[quote name='x2k-one']cuz i saw one for 100 at bestbuy and it says it for ps3[/quote]

Did you not read any of the posts above you? Are you fucking retarded?

Signals from HDMI cables don't degrade unless you are going over 10 feet or so, so unless you are running a cable from one floor to another it shouldn't matter what cable you buy. Go to monoprice.com

[quote name='ighosty']Signals from HDMI cables don't degrade unless you are going over 10 feet or so, so unless you are running a cable from one floor to another it shouldn't matter what cable you buy. Go to monoprice.com[/quote]

I have no signal loss at 75 feet, or 50 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back