PS3 in 2005?

rebenns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I went to the Gamespot website, and noticed that King Kong, and many other games slated for the PS3, are scheduled for release in "Q3 2005". I thought the PS3 wasn't due until late 2006. Does anyone know when Quarters start? I know they don't correspond to calendar quarters, but does this mean the PS3 will be coming around the same time as XBOX 2 /360 / Next? It would make sense, as the King Kong remake is due in Dec. 2005, and would no longer be hot by the time the PS3 hits in it's original projected date. Still, I find it hard to believe that this would be so, yet so few news of it.

Websites that sell games often put up a date for a game just so they have a date up, even if the date hasn't been offically announced. Dates like that are often changed.
I really doubt the PS3 will come out this year, but you never know.
And yes, Q3 2005 means July-September 2005.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Websites that sell games often put up a date for a game just so they have a date up, even if the date hasn't been offically announced. Dates like that are often changed.[/quote]

^^Yep, they do it so they can go ahead and start taking preorders and whatnot.. hence why EB has every 360 game announced up for $49.99 or $59.99 with a November date, even though price and dates haven't been announced.

Rumor say "SONY" will have PS3 in 2005 but i don't think PS3 will hit in 2005. As for myself Spring 2005 is BEST BET.

SONY Vs Nintendo Revolution ;)

It's not launching untill 2006. Probably around september. Websites regularly post filler dates untill they get an exact one.

bread's done
Back