PS3 in store at Best Buy B&M now

goldbean

CAG Veteran
Feedback
3 (100%)
Three stores in my area (NoVa) received PS3s and starting selling them this morning. I just got back from one of the stores, and I figured I'd post for anyone interested. I was told by a manager that all Best Buys received their shipments last night for sale this morning, but obviously I can't confirm beyond what I know personally (and some may be holding for BF).

Not all employees know about the shipments, so you might have to talk to a manager. Each store in my area received between 18-32 PS3s, with an even split of 20GB and 60GB models.

Good luck.

EDIT: At these stores, limit of 1 per person, and no bundle required.

I went to the one in Totowa, NJ and the employees said they can't tell me if they did or not (that makes sense... NOT).

Asked another employee to talk to the manager about it and the guy said they have none, then the manager walked by and said no, and "that's all I can tell you".

It all felt very strange like they were holding something back and lying.

I couldnt hang out but it was obvious there were a few others waiting.

I wonder what happened after I left.

Checked out the BB in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Asked one employee if they got them in and he said no, for what thats worth. I think i'm gonna try calling later.

my wife is picking me up a 20 gig ps3 at best buy in fort wayne as i type this. guy said inventory says we have it. I am getting it. Sweet. On way home.

does it come with component cables or hdmi ?¿?

Scored a 60GB @ the Holyoke Mall BB in Mass.
They had no less than 7 60's and 10 20's stacked up at customer service.

dan

Ok here's the story. Went straight to BB (Glenway Ave, Cincinnati,OH) after work at 4:30pm. Arrived at BB at around 5:00pm, at first I certainly knew I missed the PS3's because it was so late and there was no commotion or anything, I even saw a guy playing at the PS3 kiosk. So I was walking around when a BB guy walked up to us and asked if he could help us. I said "So, when will you be having your next PS3 shipments?" and he answered,"We have stocks right now, 4-60gbs and 4-20gbs, which one would you like?". I almost passed out, and the next thing I knew I was at the counter paying for my PS3 and another guy behind me who saw me buying one asking the BB employee if there were more.

So if you're in Cincy, you may have a chance of snagging one right NOW!!!

[quote name='Dok Diamond']all as in nation wide, cause im about to leave now[/QUOTE]

okay, bye!

[quote name='zuldane']make sense[/QUOTE]

hmm. yeah.

Stopped by the one in north Arlington, TX around 1pm and the guy said he just sold the last two 10 minutes before I go there :( They also got 4 in that morning that sold out as well. Ah well thanks for the tip OP!

[quote name='njchris']I went to the one in Totowa, NJ and the employees said they can't tell me if they did or not (that makes sense... NOT).

Asked another employee to talk to the manager about it and the guy said they have none, then the manager walked by and said no, and "that's all I can tell you".

It all felt very strange like they were holding something back and lying.

I couldnt hang out but it was obvious there were a few others waiting.

I wonder what happened after I left.[/QUOTE]

Same lines I got when I called. Must be selling them on Black Friday. Great. Wanted to camp the 32" Westinghouse. Last thing I need is more people on that line. :(

I mean, I'll take a second one (means we can open the first one for sure, even if we sell the 2nd at cost to a friend instead of for profit), but I don't want to wait on a massive line all night, wondering if the TV is sold out or the line is for a PS3.

FYI my local Walmart got some 20gb systems in today. However, that's just to cover for rainchecks because they were shorted systems on launch day, but it's worth a shot for some of you. Also, was told by a coworker that Target had them in today too.

If I didn't buy a Wii and a couple of games I would of been all over this. I'll wait until all this PS3 madness dies down and you can walk into any store and get one.

Since PS3s are coming in all the time, people don't have to pay those ridiculous Ebay prices.

[quote name='derawk']If I didn't buy a Wii and a couple of games I would of been all over this. I'll wait until all this PS3 madness dies down and you can walk into any store and get one.

Since PS3s are coming in all the time, people don't have to pay those ridiculous Ebay prices.[/quote]
Not entirely correct.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162190.html
Several industry analysts have come forward with the belief that Sony may have missed its shipment target by as much as 50 percent. Retail expert SooAnn Roberts told Bloomberg she believes that Sony won't ship more than 200,000 PS3s to North America by the end of the year. Other analysts predicted a similar shortfall prior to the console's launch last week.

[quote name='goldbean']Three stores in my area (NoVa) received PS3s and starting selling them this morning. I just got back from one of the stores, and I figured I'd post for anyone interested. I was told by a manager that all Best Buys received their shipments last night for sale this morning, but obviously I can't confirm beyond what I know personally (and some may be holding for BF).

Not all employees know about the shipments, so you might have to talk to a manager. Each store in my area received between 18-32 PS3s, with an even split of 20GB and 60GB models.

Good luck.

EDIT: At these stores, limit of 1 per person, and no bundle required.[/QUOTE]

Which Northern VA store? Fairlakes? I was just at fairlakes, and they said no ps3's or wii's.

THANK YOU ORIGINAL POSTER! Got my 60GB @ Colma in the Bay Area! It was awesome, the employees were all in awe because they didn't even know about the shipment. All the people in line buying other stuff were looking at me like I found the Holy Grail or something.

[quote name='Redeema']How unethical is that? Telling your employees to lie to customers? I mean how can we believe them at any other time if they're lying about having something in? If they're holding back for a specific reason why not just say that, why be shady about it? Yet, they have a problem with "Devil customers" how about we have a problem with "Devil employees"?[/quote]

There was an early memo saying that the systems were to be held for Sunday.

I'm glad this thread was able to help some.

ITDEFX: I saw PS3s with my own eyes at Springfield (where they were prominently displayed behind customer service, and everyone knew the drill) and Bailey's (where I had to wait for the manager to enter them in inventory, after being told by an ignorant employee that they had none).

One of the people waiting with me at Bailey's had heard they were getting PS3s in today from his friend who works at Fair Lakes. The friend told him they were getting 20 at Fair Lakes (10 of each) and Bailey's (where he lived) would have about the same number, which they did. Point being, I am almost positive Fair Lakes had around 20 this morning.

FWIW, I found out when my wife called Best Buy on a lark around 10 am asking about Wiis and I pestered her to ask about PS3s. Right after she told me there was no way they would have them, she asked, her eyes got wide, and she said, "Go, go, go!" I love having a gamer wife. :)

I went to Best Buy today to look at TVs and I saw the skids of Black Friday stuff at the back of the store. I guess they ran out of room in the back. I counted 24 of the E-Machine computers and a big skid of each of the sale plasma/LCD tvs. My wife talked to an employee that worked there last year and he said if she wanted to guarantee herself a nything, she needed to be in line by midnight. He said they plan to hand out tickets to those in line at 4 am, then you can go home and come back and get in line.

They had PS3s for sale today but were gone in a few seconds and we obviously missed out on them. I believe they will have a small amount on Black Friday as well. Unfortunately, that will probably mean more people will be in line early this year.

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']THANK YOU ORIGINAL POSTER! Got my 60GB @ Colma in the Bay Area! It was awesome, the employees were all in awe because they didn't even know about the shipment. All the people in line buying other stuff were looking at me like I found the Holy Grail or something.[/quote]

What time did you go? how many do they have left? can you give me the sku number of the PS3? lol. i have a friend at bestbuy that can maybe check the stock of ps3's in the area.

lemme know

JoE

[quote name='clize']Checked out the BB in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. Asked one employee if they got them in and he said no, for what thats worth. I think i'm gonna try calling later.[/quote]
He is a lying bastard. I walked in looking for a Wii around noon, and I ended up 16th in line in a shipment of only 15 60gb PS3s.....

So close.

Montclair BB will have 25 on Black Friday... good luck there.

I went to three best buy stores today on the way home and no dice at all of them

First one in San Jose said not till January
Second one in Milpitas said employees aren't allowed to know that stuff
and Third one in Union City I didn't even see an employee around there

I called the Milpitas store which is closest to me like 5 times today and asked lol
They all said not sure when they're coming in

anybody else with luck in the bay area?

[quote name='imascrub']I went to three best buy stores today on the way home and no dice at all of them

I called the Milpitas store which is closest to me like 5 times today and asked lol

anybody else with luck in the bay area?[/quote]

I called the Union City BB around 10Am and they said they didn't have any idea of when to expect them back in stock.

The waiting around sucks.

[quote name='imascrub']I went to three best buy stores today on the way home and no dice at all of them

anybody else with luck in the bay area?[/quote]

Look a little ways back in the thread...I believe someone found one at the Union City store.

I'm just wondering if anyone was successful scoring one in the Sacramento area.

I also checked a Toys R Us in fremont just for the heck of it and saw four ps3 boxes there. My heart jumped and i was thinking no way. I went to pick one up and it was empty....

my heart sank and I died a little inside

[quote name='imascrub']I also checked a Toys R Us in fremont just for the heck of it and saw four ps3 boxes there. My heart jumped and i was thinking no way. I went to pick one up and it was empty....

my heart sank and I died a little inside[/QUOTE]
Hah, i did that too, I hate those damn display boxes!

[quote name='lawdood']Look a little ways back in the thread...I believe someone found one at the Union City store.

I'm just wondering if anyone was successful scoring one in the Sacramento area.[/quote]

ah that was at the walmart there. Went there too but i didn't see anything and i forgot to ask the employee there

I stopped at Best Buy today and asked if they knew when they'd be getting in some more Wii's. The guy told me he wasn't supposed to talk about when the new shipments are coming in. Geesh.

Several industry analysts have come forward with the belief that Sony may have missed its shipment target by as much as 50 percent. Retail expert SooAnn Roberts told Bloomberg she believes that Sony won't ship more than 200,000 PS3s to North America by the end of the year. Other analysts predicted a similar shortfall prior to the console's launch last week.

I knew it. Like the unappreciative, unfaithful 'bad boy' boyfriend, though, not like their shortcomings will make a difference.

The sad thing, if you will, is that the 'Madden Meatheads', as I like to call them, are just going to wait and wait and wait for their PS3, as in their minds "It's got the bizzomb graphics, yo!" These un(der)educated consumers are ultimately the ones that are going to determine if the 360 is a success and, consequently, if Microsoft will even attempt a successor (I have a feeling this is very much contigent on how the next 12-18 months play out, i.e. not a sure thing).

It's really frustrating to see such ignorance-based brand loyalty, not based on fan enthusiasm, but just sheer laziness and 'tradition'. On one hand, logic would dictate that Sony may be making it very difficult for themselves to 'right the ship' with the PS3 and its debacle of a launch, but on the other hand, the 'mainstream' console owner may just look at playing EA Sports games on a Sony console as 'American' as baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Jessica Alba's ass.

From the foot-in-mouth arrogance Sony has displayed since E3, one gets the distinct impression that they know this, that people are sheep.

I don't really care that much if Sony wins again, so long as Microsoft can continue to play the "Pepsi" to their "Coke", the "Reebok" to their "Nike". I just don't want the lack of head-to-head competition to kill quality gaming in the future.

I will also be interested to see how quickly the 'non-gamers' Nintendo is trying to woo will tire of the Wii's 'novelty factor' and start flooding eBay with post-Christmas 'gently used' units. Not rooting for this scenario at all, but I'm just not sold on trendy, frontrunning types and soccer moms 'getting' it.

[quote name='jollydwarf']I don't really care that much if Sony wins again, so long as Microsoft can continue to play the "Pepsi" to their "Coke", the "Reebok" to their "Nike". I just don't want the lack of head-to-head competition to kill quality gaming in the future.

I will also be interested to see how quickly the 'non-gamers' Nintendo is trying to woo will tire of the Wii's 'novelty factor' and start flooding eBay with post-Christmas 'gently used' units. Not rooting for this scenario at all, but I'm just not sold on trendy, frontrunning types and soccer moms 'getting' it.[/quote]

I liked the points in your first post but I wasn't even paying attention to this one. I lost all focus when you mentioned Alba's ass. :drool:

grrr... the BB in totowa, nj sold them at 5:30... not long after I left and was lied to by employees and the manager.

:(

I also agree with jollydwarf -- I saw these 2 guys all but drooling over the PS3 while they stood and played for a good 20-30 minutes at BB. (I kept hoping they'd leave, then decided I wasn't sure I wanted to touch the controller after them ;) ). While they were playing, some guy with his (very young, maybe 4?) kid came up to them and asked if it was the new Playstation, asked if it'd be the "winning console", etc. They could barely answer him while they were starting transfixed at their game (they were playing NBA or something)... but you could tell that all the father cared about was what these 2 guys said. (i.e., he had no clue and these 2 guys playing the system MUST know the relative strengths and weaknesses of all the platforms!)

And after the guys finally wandered from the PS3 they wandered to the PS2, also playing one of the NBA games (couldn't tell which), and I overheard them saying stuff like "Man, this is weak, gotta get a PS3!!!"

It amazes me how little research people do when considering a $600 purchase....

somebody on the amazon forums got one from the Santana Row BB store in San Jose...

I was going to check there but decided against it and checked a different san jose store instead and was given a negative :(

Bah, I was at the BB at Santana Row this morning at around 11, and I missed it by just a few minutes. They were selling the fifth out of six PS3's and I ended up being the 7th person.

I went today to get a 42' panny tv today with my mom and the dude offered me a ps3 when i walked in the door. Me and my mom got 20 gig ps3s and the 42 inch plasma for 700$. What an awesome day.

[quote name='dracula']how the fuck do people find out about this? I am going over now(10:30 am) to check the BB in west LA. Tho i am almost sure they will be all gone. =([/QUOTE]

did they have anymore?

[quote name='"dracula"']how the fuck do people find out about this? I am going over now(10:30 am) to check the BB in west LA. Tho i am almost sure they will be all gone. =([/quote]

i wanna know too :(
I didn't hear about this till about 3pm which I'm sure by then everywhere was out of stock, but I had to check anyway

[quote name='happyorangeman']Hey nice to see a fellow NJ CAG'er...

As far as the W.Paterson, NJ BB, I will check it out later. My brother lives 2 minutes away and I'm due for a visit.[/QUOTE]
Good to see several NJ CAGers. I walked into a BB in East Hanover today and a kid that worked there said they had 10 about 2 hrs before I got there and they sold out. Damn! it is so hit or miss with these systems. I've been missing the Wii by literally minutes myself. At this point I am not killing myself for these Damn things!

bread's done
Back