PS3 in Widescreen

CrimsonPaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
OK all, I'm hoping you can help me get to the bottom of this because it's driving me NUTS. Is there a way to specifically tell the PS3 do display in widescreen when using HDMI? The reason I ask is because I'm using a Phillips 32" widescreen TV and it looks like it's cutting off the bottom and top of the screen. Before you say I need to readjust my TV so it's in widescreen .... it already is. I have both my Wii and 360 hooked to the TV and neither does this, but again both have a specific setting for widescreen; I just can't see that the PS3 has this setting ANYWHERE.

Your help is appreciated.

Same thing with me...except for my Samsung 30" widescreen has these black lines down the side which are probably causing this...

If you have the display set to 720p or 1080i/p you're already in widescreen. Mess around with tv settings. :)

[quote name='Dezuria']If you have the display set to 720p or 1080i/p you're already in widescreen. Mess around with tv settings. :)[/quote]
Done and done but still no-go. I may take it out of HDMI and see if I get the same affect going with component; if I get a good widescreen picture out of that then it's most likely the HDMI and this ass-tastic Phillips TV (Phillips SUCKS, the only reason I'm using it is because I'm "test running" it for my pop's TV shop).

Thanks, no zoom mode available in widescreen on this set. It is strange that it's ONLY on the HDMI input that this issue is showing.

hmm, i use a 50" panny plasma and i never had a problem with the screen cutting off.

i suggest checking to see if the component settings does the same thing. you got a spare PS2 component cable lying around?

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Thanks, no zoom mode available in widescreen on this set. It is strange that it's ONLY on the HDMI input that this issue is showing.[/quote]If only the HDMI input is cut off, then there is too much overscan on that input. Gotta fix it in the service menu.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']If only the HDMI input is cut off, then there is too much overscan on that input. Gotta fix it in the service menu.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

I was going to ask, the 32" Philips you have isn't the HDTV/CRT that ZewOne posted the deal about is it?

If so, my buddy bought that TV and it has over scan. Unless you trust yourself that much to fix it, you'd have to call Philips to get it serviced.

[quote name='asianxcore']Yup.

I was going to ask, the 32" Philips you have isn't the HDTV/CRT that ZewOne posted the deal about is it?

If so, my buddy bought that TV and it has over scan. Unless you trust yourself that much to fix it, you'd have to call Philips to get it serviced.[/quote]
It's possible that it is since it's a CRT; again I'm just borrowing it from pops until I buy a new house and can figure out what size TV I'll need for the entertainment room.

My TV remembers the setting I had at different resolutions/inputs, were you watching a DVD with ZOOM on?

bread's done
Back